Lol.... Hmmmm

Aviatormy

i think Drew what many ppl are surprised is not about his ability to move on and live his life but about the fact that he is already hooking up with another girl. that's a huge difference there..

But i dont think some people are understanding our concept with this.

I was with my ex/fiance for 3 years. we even built a home together and everything. We practically lived like we were married. When we broke up i was devastated but 2 1/2 weeks later i was sleeping with someone else. its called a rebound people and to what i said earlier, to some of us a rebound is part of the healing process. Hell in his case it may not even be a rebound but just him knowing he needs to move on and get out there. Why wait longer than you need to and give someone else the chance. Im sure this girl knows the possible repercussions going into this knowing he was hurt but at the same time, if he is willing then why shouldnt she be. The way i see it is If you have the options, take em. Dont sit at home and whine about why you dont have any.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you can get over someone that quickly it wasn't true "Love". You can call it love all day long but in reality it isn't and if you do "move on" with another person that quickly the chances of that relationship going anywhere is extremely slim. A person needs time to mend otherwise they are just going after what they miss and are getting into a relationship for the completely wrong reasons (Missing having someone there, the closeness and feelings.)

I'd have to disagree with you on this one Myth.

I loved my ex very very much, but I am no longer attached to her. I still love her, but I don't have that feeling of 'needing' her, or of wanting her back so desperately. I want her to be happy and I want to be happy.

And I thought the same thing as I was crying in my office for 2 weeks. Suddenly, I felt a lot better. A couple days later, I put myself back out there in the dating world.

As for Gry... she couldn't communicate with herself, much less her BF. She has a very sick past. A past that I never fully shared on here out of respect for her.

Im not as emotionally strong as you cause after 2 weeks of crying I would still be crying LOL

I guess this answers all the posters that come on here and ask "how did they move on so quickly" Some people just have the will power and are emotionally stronger when it comes to the heart. Good for you!

wow man.... this is something i cannot do my whole life..

but i do understand that for some people it forms a part of the healing process.

I couldn't either, gry.

Try 2.5 years for me.

Healing for me is not doing it just to say I can do it again. It's doing it with the right person, who makes me feel reborn to love again.

But to each their own. Probably my loss.

Im not as emotionally strong as you cause after 2 weeks of crying I would still be crying LOL

I guess this answers all the posters that come on here and ask "how did they move on so quickly" Some people just have the will power and are emotionally stronger when it comes to the heart.

It's not about being emotionally stronger. I think that some people just know that they can't let themselves keep moping.

I am a strong believer of happiness being a choice.

I didn't know this when i was younger though. It took me 2 years to get over my first ex and I didn't even love him that much.

I guess this answers all the posters that come on here and ask "how did they move on so quickly" Some people just have the will power and are emotionally stronger when it comes to the heart. Good for you!

totally agree... i think people like avi, drew, and ghost are emotionally strong.

I'm sorry if I didn't understand all the circumstances completely. Maybe this was a bit more of a time coming than what I realize.

I do understand the moving on in a way. It just all seems so fast since you were "engaged." In the way that sitting at home and moping does nothing. But I think that as a human, we all need time to heal. Your time is just much more quickly! And I think what hit me too is that this new girl works where you and your ex work and all... ?

Shake hands?

I'm sorry if I didn't understand all the circumstances completely. Maybe this was a bit more of a time coming than what I realize.

I do understand the moving on in a way. It just all seems so fast since you were "engaged." In the way that sitting at home and moping does nothing. But I think that as a human, we all need time to heal. You're time must be extremely fast!

Shake hands?

instead of speed dating we have "speed grieving"?

It's not about being emotionally stronger. I think that some people just know that they can't let themselves keep moping.

I am a strong believer of happiness being a choice.

I didn't know this when i was younger though. It took me 2 years to get over my first ex and I didn't even love him that much.

i really like this advice.

i think i accidently deleted what i had to say in gryms response so here it is.

But i dont think some people are understanding our concept with this.

I was with my ex/fiance for 3 years. we even built a home together and everything. We practically lived like we were married. When we broke up i was devastated but 2 1/2 weeks later i was sleeping with someone else. its called a rebound people and to what i said earlier, to some of us a rebound is part of the healing process. Hell in his case it may not even be a rebound but just him knowing he needs to move on and get out there. Why wait longer than you need to and give someone else the chance. Im sure this girl knows the possible repercussions going into this knowing he was hurt but at the same time, if he is willing then why shouldnt she be. The way i see it is If you have the options, take em. Dont sit at home and whine about why you dont have any.

I suppose too this thread just hit the nerve of "everyone is replaceable." In an instant someone can be replaced. Aaah!

Totally.....

Or are those of us who have felt so easily dispensed with, discarded and replaced just jealous of Avi for feeling he's such a hot tamale, his investment in her really doesn't feel like a loss of such proportions?

Archived