Lol.... Hmmmm

Aviatormy

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think she is way out of my league because she is very good looking and HOTT. She also seemed to be from a very rich family.

#1) can you plz explain why they thought you were out of their league?

#2) i am surprised by this. i always thought hot women were super confident and also arrogant because they get hit on constantly. why would they be insecure?

#1) Because of the same reason that you think women are out of your league. I have a nice job, I portray a lot of confidence, I have my own place and my car would suggest that I have money. They were actually very surprised that I took a liking to them.

#2) They are insecure because there are far too many guys like you ouut there that do not approach them. Like ghost said, they most likely get with the Tools more than anything else. This will make a hott girl insecure because she does not get hit on as much as the average looking girl because too many men are afraid. The majority of the ones that are not, are not good guys at all.

welcome back to the game avi.

yeah welcome back, its all fun and games until someone gets hurt LOL

Take it slow with this girl, seriously. She might get attached easily and you will find out you aren't healed and hurt her. Rebounds can be fun but it usually ends with someone getting hurt.

And Gry - if you keep making these assumptions you will never get far in this dating game.

#1) Because of the same reason that you think women are out of your league. I have a nice job, I portray a lot of confidence, I have my own place and my car would suggest that I have money. They were actually very surprised that I took a liking to them.

#2) They are insecure because there are far too many guys like you ouut there that do not approach them. Like ghost said, they most likely get with the Tools more than anything else. This will make a hott girl insecure because she does not get hit on as much as the average looking girl because too many men are afraid. The majority of the ones that are not, are not good guys at all.

thanks for your consistent responses.

do you have your own home? is that what you mean by "my own place"? and what car do you have?

which also makes them weary to respond nicely to a good guy.

if all good guys grabbed a pair and started talking to these hot girls, the world would change. there would be a shift in science. the polar icecaps would melt. til that happens, unfortunately, the hot girls are going to be like this.

How'd I guess you wouldn't answer that! Good friend though!

And for you Avi........ Following your posts often. Doesn't seem like you are really the "have fun only" type. You find a girl, if ya click, you start looking toward the future, moving in together, talking about marriage, etc., etc., etc. (Okay well I think that it seems this way - I suppose you might actually date around first.....?)

And that's okay. But definitely, since this girl is pretty young (common denominator of last relationship - ding, ding, ding,) take it way slow.

Duly Noted. And yes, I do date other women before making my choice on who I want to take it to the next level with. I just usually pick the wrong one. Oh well, life goes on. Eventually my true match will find me. I wont just give up till then though.

yeah welcome back, its all fun and games until someone gets hurt LOL

Take it slow with this girl, seriously. She might get attached easily and you will find out you aren't healed and hurt her. Rebounds can be fun but it usually ends with someone getting hurt.

And Gry - if you keep making these assumptions you will never get far in this dating game.

at least you acknowledge it's a game...cause basically it is. it's a game in your head you have to play. should i say this, should i say that? should i call, should i wait? pick her up, take her out? blah blah blah

Duly Noted. And yes, I do date other women before making my choice on who I want to take it to the next level with. I just usually pick the wrong one. Oh well, life goes on. Eventually my true match will find me. I wont just give up till then though.

you gonna tell new girls you were engaged before?

recently as well for that matter?

Gry, you're making a ton of assumptions about hot women. I thought we just went over why you shouldn't be making assumptions LOL and just take the bull by the horns.

yea.. i am starting to realize some of the mistakes i have made.. but i do believe that i also lack good luck..

long time back i came accross a super hott woman, did not care to think if she had a bf, just went up to her and introduced myself, and she goes "hi. nice to meet you. my name is xyz, i have a boyfriend"

LOL. That's kind of funny...did she really say it just like that? I would never introduce myself to a guy like that...but I would bring it up if he asked me out.

yup... this happened when i was in grad school... we both were new students there... couple of times we came accross each other, exchanged smiles and glances [almost like avi and his girl]... and then the next time i saw her i realized i had an opportunity to talk to her and i grabbed it... that's when she said that... most likely she realized that i was "interested" in her...

you gonna tell new girls you were engaged before?

recently as well for that matter?

Yes. This girl already knows the story with my ex. Including the engagement.

yup... this happened when i was in grad school... we both were new students there... couple of times we came accross each other, exchanged smiles and glances [almost like avi and his girl]... and then the next time i saw her i realized i had an opportunity to talk to her and i grabbed it... that's when she said that... most likely she realized that i was "interested" in her...

Whoa! Calm down killa. She is not my "girl". We just hooked up and are getting a feel for each other.

(just don't want other to think that I have a GF all of a sudden).

P.S. I just may hit Platinum by the time this thread is all over lol. Good talk fellas. 93 posts to go. (unless I delete more of my threads! lol) I am probably at 2000 post already but I keep deleting threads.

My apologies, Avi, for not having read through this entire thread yet...I've just read your OP and a few of the following congratulatory posts...

And I don't mean to be a spoiler here, but...

I'm wondering something. It seems like just yesterday that your GF -- who was also your fiancee -- was the "love of your life." You say you split with her "a while back", but "a while back" for ME was what seems like maybe a month or so ago, when you posted some erotic pictures of you and her here, and everyone was saying how in love you two seemed, and you have written poetry about her and have said she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen, bar none. You were ready for a lifetime with her, and had eyes for no other. You wrote a lyrical thread about what makes a relationship perfect, and how yours with hers is perfect for the ways you grow together and complement eachother.

Seems no sooner than I've blinked my eyes, and you are speaking of your breakup and life going on and a new girl who's better looking. Is your ex the same girl I was reading such praise about just weeks ago? Or have I got things mixed up?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound judgmental...but I just want to know how it works. How does that work -- you are so certain a girl is someone you want to grow old with and then within weeks, you're ready to start chatting up new girls and making out.

How do you get over something like that? I know you were "hurt" and "confused" -- but I don't understand how someone can get over and recover that fast, unless "love" for you is something quite different than it is for me.

I'm just really wondering. Since the 2 times I lost a man who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, I wasn't "upset" and "confused" -- I was devastated to the point of being nonfunctional for a good long while.

Yes. This girl already knows the story with my ex. Including the engagement.

Whoa! Calm down killa. She is not my "girl". We just hooked up and are getting a feel for each other.

(just don't want other to think that I have a GF all of a sudden).

P.S. I just may hit Platinum by the time this thread is all over lol. Good talk fellas. 93 posts to go. (unless I delete more of my threads! lol) I am probably at 2000 post already but I keep deleting threads.

haha LOL... i just did not want to type extra words and simply used 'his girl'.. may be i shud say 'his bird'? ;-)

I'm wondering something. It seems like just yesterday that your GF -- who was also your fiance -- was the "love of your life." You say you split with her "a while back", but "a while back" for ME was what seems like maybe a month or so ago, when you posted some erotic pictures of you and her here, and everyone was saying how in love you two seemed, and you have written poetry about her and have said she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen, bar none.

You are correct. I am pleased to inform you that what seemed to be a literal "picture perfect" relationship... ended up being just that. It WAS picture perfect because she hid EVERYTHING inside. She has a brutal past because of this. She does not mourn, she does not communicate and she does not express her feelings in any other way. She just bottles everything inside I.E. problems at work, with her mother, with her brother that molested her, with little things I did to upset her and with the death of her father. She kept all these emotions inside and then out of nowhere, she needs to heal her heart and forgive her past.

To me, that was a cowardly way to go about it but it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I am a firm believer in communication. I found out a year later that not everything was perfect, she just was a building time bomb.

At least it was only a year of my life.

Seems no sooner than I've blinked my eyes, and you are speaking of your breakup and life going on and a new girl who's better looking. Is your ex the same girl I was reading such praise about just weeks ago? Or have I got things mixed up?

Nope, everything I said was from my heart. It's funny how the mind can see someone after the heart has come out of the picture. She was a wonderful person and I know that once she gets over her past and learns to communicate her feelings... she will make a man VERY happy. I just refuse to be that man as I have already done everything in my power to make her happy. She can not be happy until she is happy with herself. God only knows how long that will take.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound judgmental...but I just want to know how it works. How does that work -- you are so certain a girl is someone you want to grow old with and then within weeks, you're ready to start chatting up new girls and making out.

Like I have said before. Everyone deals with a heartache differently. I choose to take a couple weeks to soak it all in, face the facts of what happened, decide if I want to make an attempt at making it work again and then finally, I move on with my decision. I have been "in love" 3 times in my dating life. No relationship took me more than a month to get over and move on. I simply will not let myself get into a deep depression because I am confident that I am a great man.

I'm just really wondering. Since the 2 times I lost a man who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, I wasn't "upset" and "confused" -- I was devastated to the point of being nonfunctional for a good long while

And thats the way you deal with things. Nothing wrong with that. Some choose to move on, get out and find themselves again. Other choose to hide in their own thoughts until they feel good enough to face the world again.

To me it is like keeping work and home separate. If I have a bad relationship, I refuse to bring myself down and give up hope for a long time. I simply try to dust it off and force myself to get back into the real world.

If I have a bad day at work. I refuse to take that bad day home because it will not change anything.

As much as I am also confused [especially because I saw pics of avi and his ex just a little while ago] I do believe that he has already shed his tears and moving on is perhaps the best thing for him to do now. For all that we know his ex may have already started dating some other guy.

To me, this seems like a graphic illustration of why the divorce rate is so high.

No, the graphic illustration of why the divorce rate is so high only comes down to selfishness, pure desire of one's own wants and needs instead of living for your significant other... most people don't know you don't find happiness in pursuing only your own loves, but you find love and happiness in making others happy and doing your best to fill their desires.

As I'd said before, relationships/marriage aren't about finding the right person.... it's about being the right person.

Anyone can do it to vampires, I have a g/f we've talked about marriage and such many times, and we'd broken up in the recent past before, due to my selfishness and I know it... the line between love and hate is OH SO thin... sadly.

I know some of us heal differently... And it takes us different amounts of time.

I think it would be nice to see people put in more effort. We can't understand just walking away when you supposedly loved someone so much.

Although, I don't recommend sitting at home in the dumps for months either.

Just the way you are explaining all of this, Avi, seems an indication of how people just walk away quickly when trouble arises or doesn't go their way. That they are so excited about a future while things are all pretty and smooth but then run when the going gets tough.

Out of curiosity - how does your ex feel about you dating again? Does she know you two are done for good?

Like I have said before. Everyone deals with a heartache differently. I choose to take a couple weeks to soak it all in, face the facts of what happened, decide if I want to make an attempt at making it work again and then finally, I move on with my decision. I have been "in love" 3 times in my dating life. No relationship took me more than a month to get over and move on. I simply will not let myself get into a deep depression because I am confident that I am a great man.

If it only takes you a few weeks to get over someone you weren't ever "in love" with them. When you love someone, no matter who you are it takes more than a month to get over that person. You also can't just "move on" to another person within such a short period of time after being "in love". It doesn't work that way. So truthfully, and please don't take this the wrong way but I honestly don't believe you have actually been in "love".

Archived