She booked the wedding before they met?!

butterfly45

I am very worried for my cousin...got an invitation to his wedding which is under two months time. They have been together for five months.

I haven't felt right about it at all. The family at first didn't seem bothered, there were some jokes about maybe she's pregnant. But now people are starting to worry, he doesn't seem happy, and now we have just found out that she had the wedding day, venue and dress booked, before they actually met. Has anyone heard of this?? I am extremely worried that this could be some kind of forced marriage or scam. On a side note, would you attend? I haven't met the bride.

However if they are both Catholics they have to go through the pre-Cana . And the priest determines if they have enough in common to be married . That's if they are marrying as traditional Catholics. And most Catholics to marry must announce their intention six months to one year in advance . The bans have to be announced in the church . Our priest in our parish will not marry you unless you announce your intention six months in advance .

Sounds like a Nigerian scam. Dr Phil has done lots of shows where a person is catfished by someone, often from Nigeria, into giving them all their money, selling their homes to give them their money, etc etc. He did a show on that topic just yesterday.

My opinion is there's a good chance your cousin is being or will be scammed. If you cant talk sense into him, there's nothing you can do.

I am very worried for my cousin...got an invitation to his wedding which is under two months time. They have been together for five months.

I haven't felt right about it at all. The family at first didn't seem bothered, there were some jokes about maybe she's pregnant. But now people are starting to worry, he doesn't seem happy, and now we have just found out that she had the wedding day, venue and dress booked, before they actually met. Has anyone heard of this?? I am extremely worried that this could be some kind of forced marriage or scam. On a side note, would you attend? I haven't met the bride.

Shame on your cousin, then. he needs to get to know his bride longer than 5 months. She is a stranger to him.

This is not her fault- -- because you can't control other people - its his fault for going along with it.

Do you mean she had this booked before they actually met as in they have been communicating for a year by phone and skype before the 5 months or do you mean they just met five months ago?

Archived