Religious organisation knocking on my door

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, I wasn't sure where to place this.

I'm in the UK and for quite a while I've had people from a religious organisation knocking on my door to talk to me, around twice a week now. I tell them I'm not interested and belong to my own religion but it's rarely the same person coming each time.

I'm wondering is there a way to stop them coming? I don't want to be rude or discriminate a religion but it's bordering on harrrassment and when I've been harassed in my own home in the past from an ex boyfriend I don't cope with that kind of thing very well, I get quite anxious.

in holland you can buy stickers that you put on the door that say NO religious organizations, NO donations, and NO door to door sellers and i put one on my door and haven't been bothered by any since, if by chance they ring the door and i point out the sticker, they apologize, it works like a charm.....i used to get bothered by certain religious groups as well, would come to my door every week, especially on the weekend when i just wanted to relax, but never since

in holland you can buy stickers that you put on the door that say NO religious organizations, NO donations, and NO door to door sellers and i put one on my door and haven't been bothered by any since, if by chance they ring the door and i point out the sticker, they apologize, it works like a charm.....i used to get bothered by certain religious groups as well, would come to my door every week, especially on the weekend when i just wanted to relax, but never since

yes we have those as well

I just called my JW friend butterfly and he is mortified and said are you sure it is JW's , he agrees with you and said no way should they be coming twice a week , not even once a week , and if the elders knew about this they would be furious . It is not what they practice , yes they do door knock but they have strict rules about the frequency and how they behave and what they say etc ... So that is coming from the mouth of a JW . So he said to find out if it is and then actually say the words * I want to be on the do not call list . It is very suspect isn't it .twice a week is a lot . He said he was surprised they had the time , they are given areas and wouldn't be back in the same area twice a week .

I just called my JW friend butterfly and he is mortified and said are you sure it is JW's , he agrees with you and said no way should they be coming twice a week , not even once a week , and if the elders knew about this they would be furious . It is not what they practice , yes they do door knock but they have strict rules about the frequency and how they behave and what they say etc ... So that is coming from the mouth of a JW . So he said to find out if it is and then actually say the words * I want to be on the do not call list . It is very suspect isn't it .twice a week is a lot . He said he was surprised they had the time , they are given areas and wouldn't be back in the same area twice a week .

Thank you so much for doing this. Yes it definitely is. On a Saturday there's usually about ten working up and down the streets.

I wonder if because I'm in a little town on the outskirts whether I cover more than one "cachment" area. There is definitely more than one hall in the whole city.

Thank you so much for doing this. Yes it definitely is. On a Saturday there's usually about ten working up and down the streets.

I wonder if because I'm in a little town on the outskirts whether I cover more than one "cachment" area. There is definitely more than one hall in the whole city.

yes maybe so .. well there is no excuse for it at all and I would most definitely say what I said to say to them , but as it is different people coming personally I would be looking for the kingdom hall number .

This happen to a friend on mines father. He handled it in a hilarious manner.

It requires some set up before hand. First, find some creepy chanting music you can have on hand. Then, find some kind of really ridiculous outfit (purple dinosaur boxers and cowboy hat for example), next set up some electronic candles and find some rubber chickens.

Next time they knock answer the door in your outrageous outfit, holding a rubber chicken, with chanting in the background and the glow of candle light.

Often my friends dad did this the people never came back.

I used to get them coming to my door weekly. The neighbour lady would let them in to talk for hours and maybe they thought I'd be as kind as she was. No way. I have no use or time for the JWs. I had a dog who barked a lot and one time I opened the door and there they were...I said - my dog has not eaten today so you better leave before I let her out! She was barking like a fool. They left and never came back! If you dont want to do that, or dont have a dog, you can print your own sticker or sign to say no religious pedlars allowed.

You know, when religious types used to knock at my door, what I used to do was ask them to wait, I would go get my granny and tell them someone wanted her at the door, I wouldnt tell her who it was. My granny is a proper Irish granny, hardcore catholic, a gods stormtrooper type. So anyway I would hide behind the door nearest the hall door and listened and laugh while my granny would do her thing hahaha, hilarious.

What you need is an Irish granny, they will soon stop calling

You know, when religious types used to knock at my door, what I used to do was ask them to wait, I would go get my granny and tell them someone wanted her at the door, I wouldnt tell her who it was. My granny is a proper Irish granny, hardcore catholic, a gods stormtrooper type. So anyway I would hide behind the door nearest the hall door and listened and laugh while my granny would do her thing hahaha, hilarious.

What you need is an Irish granny, they will soon stop calling

ha ha, I actually come from an Irish Catholic family! But my parents say that they don't like to tell JW that they are catholic because that makes them more interested in 'comparing' religions and they'll talk for longer! But the older generation are another thing!

They once interrupted me during workout,as I got out of garage my dog ran out barking (he always barks when you scare him,but it's not mean bark) and music was blasting,they just told me "sorry we interrupted you" and stormed away. I wasnt rude or anything (I really dont like to be rude). Later on I talked to one guy stationed nearby (they have missions,this dude was from Canada and doesnt even speak local language),and he told me you can get your address on a list so they dont bother you.

Not bad people,but I feel sorry for the young ones,they go away and are only allowed minimal contact with their families (I've seen guy that couldnt be older than 16).

Archived