Once you truly love someone, can you never stop loving them to some degree?

loveconquerer

If you break up from a relationship or divorce from a marriage, do you always have a sweet spot or a special place in your heart for that ex? Do you always love them to some degree?

And if not, was it really ever love to begin with?

For example, recently this couple that rents out my parent's basement split. They were a young couple. He abused her and they broke it off. But they had a kid together. She said she "fell out of love for him and has for a long time now". When I asked her if she still loved him to some degree, she said she "felt indifferent".

If someone hurts you bad enough you can definitely fall out of love. After my wife dumped me after 24 years I was almost destroyed and loved her immensely blah blah but now after almost 2 years I don't love her at all. Feelings fade if they're not stoked. But I did absolutely love her at one time. Really hurt when she left.

Nothing but indifference to every past love, ex-husband or even guys I dated. I don't even feel anything about my last ex or my abusive first boyfriend although they both earned my disgust and heavy dislike for a time.

Once I'm done and over it, I am over them forevermore. The idea of sex with any of them is actually almost repulsive, even the ones I am not upset with or didn't have bad breakups with. When I'm done, I'm done.

Speaking for myself, each experience has been different.

I think it depends on the nature of the relationship and it's challenges.

I still have loving feelings for some. Even ones that were really bad had redeeming some qualities. I think fondly of those things.

Some I feel indifferent about and some I particularly don't care for one bit and might cross the street if I saw them.

I don't think there is a one size fits all answer for this question.

My first boyfriend was an abusive psychopath. I have no fond memories of him, let alone love.

I am completely indifferent to the other men I have loved in my life, including my ex husband.

OP, do you think that you're stuck on this issue because it keepa you from pursuing a relationship and, thus, avoid rejection?

I am talking about everyone you loved. Those you had kids with and those you married even.

That one? . .no, no feelings good, bad or otherwise. Today he's an aquaitnance and the father of my children. That's it. Nothing more.

My understanding is that having even negative feelings towards someone suggests an attachment at some level.

We aren't typically effected by those we are completely detached from.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have no love or good feelings for my ex husband. We married when I was just 19 (yup stupid thing to do) and I left just after I turned 23. It took a few years but I figured out I never did really love him and by the time I left, I abhorred him. I'm glad I've never seen him since as I have no desire to.

What about your first, or any other guy other than your ex?

No, you don't love them forever. It doesn't mean you didn't once love them.

That is true and also it is different for each relationship.

Sometimes you don't care at all when you see them again.

Sometimes you think of that one person for years, but you don't love them. It is more the curiosity of what happened to that person way down the road.

Sometimes love turns into friendship and you sincerely care for that persons well being and keep in contact.

Sometimes you still care for that person and when you see them again after years and years....you still love them.

There is no definite forever love. There are many possibilities, but your feelings change into something different. Each one of them is unique for yourself and depending which kind of relationship you had with this one person.

Archived