Once you truly love someone, can you never stop loving them to some degree?

loveconquerer

Why so obsessed with this? It doesnt matter how an ex feels about you. Over is over. Just move on.

He isn't obsessed with an ex. He is obsessed with a hypothetical relationship where he will not be the girls first love. He doesn't have an ex. Or a girl friend at this time.

I really think it depends. I do think over time your feelings fade.

It took me a long time to get over my first wife. My 2nd wife was much easier, as I knew I did everything I could to save the relationship and her issues were the reason for ending, not me.

My current ex hurt badly, but I am starting to deal and come to grips. She is starting to fade and I will let her go as time moves on.

The ones I remember the most are the first loves: I kissed "Sharon" after gym and she decided not to go out with me. Never spoke to her again and she started to be madly in love with me at 12

"Michelle" who I moved away from, but still got a kiss and hug at 12

And finally, my first love "Chantelle" who broke my heart in a million pieces

So to answer your question, perhaps it is about perspective. What might have been? Could have been?

At the end of the day, regret only gets you so far. Living in the present much better way.

I really think it depends. I do think over time your feelings fade.

It took me a long time to get over my first wife. My 2nd wife was much easier, as I knew I did everything I could to save the relationship and her issues were the reason for ending, not me.

My current ex hurt badly, but I am starting to deal and come to grips. She is starting to fade and I will let her go as time moves on.

The ones I remember the most are the first loves: I kissed "Sharon" after gym and she decided not to go out with me. Never spoke to her again and she started to be madly in love with me at 12

"Michelle" who I moved away from, but still got a kiss and hug at 12

And finally, my first love "Chantelle" who broke my heart in a million pieces

So to answer your question, perhaps it is about perspective. What might have been? Could have been?

At the end of the day, regret only gets you so far. Living in the present much better way.

So you are saying your first hold a special place above the others as you are mentioning?

None of the ladies you married were as memorable?

Why so obsessed with this?

We have been asking him the same question in all his threads. OP, this is yet another thread on the same topic, cleverly disguised by putting a slightly different spin on it. You have had hundreds of replies and nothing has changed. What's the point of creating new threads over and over again? Please think about starting a journal in the Journal Forum where you can discuss this for the next few years if you wish.

We have been asking him the same question in all his threads. OP, this is yet another thread on the same topic, cleverly disguised by putting a slightly different spin on it. You have had hundreds of replies and nothing has changed. What's the point of creating new threads over and over again? Please think about starting a journal in the Journal Forum where you can discuss this for the next few years if you wish.

Ahhhhh, that dude. He needs professional help.

It is NOT the same question. This is not about the "first love" thing, it is about EVERYONE you loved.

It is NOT the same question. This is not about the "first love" thing, it is about EVERYONE you loved.

Yet you have managed to bring in first love in this very thread several times. Like I said, cleverly disguised. No matter what, all previous replies in all your previous threads apply to this thread too. Just read your previous threads.

Yet you have managed to bring in first love in this very thread several times. Like I said, cleverly disguised. No matter what, all previous replies in all your previous threads apply to this thread too. Just read your previous threads.

But in this case with the girl I was talking about that wasn't her first. It was her second and she broke it off with him due to domestic

Just off the thread title you can no longer love them with any romantic interest it just morphs into something lesser but if you truly loved them and that was lost for reasons neither could really control ( and it can happen) then there is always love and thinking of there and that is painful not being able to let go properly. : \ I was able to let go off a first love, but can't my last love and time has past and still can't.

Archived