No Blowjob?

JSMITH

maybe she's REALLY not giving you head b/c she's afraid of catching an STD from you (and not because she doesn't like the taste of cum).

ask her if that's really the case. if it is, go get yourself checked out and share the results with her.

if the STD idea is NOT an issue with her, then, well, what can i say. i've heard so many men on forums complaining that their girls won't give them head, but i rarely see people say "she did it, she FINALLY gave me head!"

i know this sounds shallow, but if you're still early on in the relationship, i'd leave her. or else you'll be too tempted to get it elsewhere.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really could be the taste. Not every guy tastes the same.. I think its diet dependant. My "X" drank a lot of beer and his diet consisted of "protein" thats it. No fruits.. no veggies.. and he tasted.... BLAHHHHH!! reallly really bad. I dry heave just thinking about it. ickkk. While other guys.. taste GREAT.

Maybe she had a bad experience. I was VERY put off about BJ's after my "x' and it wasn't on my top ten list of favorite things to do. However... I was fortunate to discover that know to "JOHN'S" are the same.

Just a thought.

And No.. I LIKE THAT just a little too darned much. I don't think I'd be with someone who didn't....

I find it funny we are indeed focusing on the blowjob so much. She finds oral sex disgusting or gross period. It doesn't matter whether or not she is giving or receiving. Looks like she is more willing to give than receive anyhow. Why not focus on understanding what she finds to be gross about receiving? Work with her and try to get her used to receiving first maybe? Work past whatever her inhibitions are and talk with her about it. We do all have our dealbreakers. I am not sure I would be comfortable with a woman if I knew that she wouldn't let me go down on her ever. I want to do that most every day. Sometimes multiple times a day.

And now I am starting to feel that way about oral sex as a whole (at least getting blowjobs). Now that I am getting some amazing head as a part of foreplay, I am pissed at myself that I went so many years without it....both giving and receiving are great pleasures....shallow or not, it is a decision factor. And yes it can make up for a few things that aren't perfect in a relationship!

Best advice I have seen yet

1) Work on the other major relationship issues before this one

2) Both of you seriously need to learn to compromise better.

And 2) is almost certainly a big factor in improving 1)

• 1 year later...
indeed it is timeless..

i wonder what happened to the OP...

No idea what happened to OP. My guess is that if his needs were not being met, the relationship died.

I'm not one to quibble over what is or is not a valid reason for ending a relationship. The heart wants what the heart wants.

If you have a strong desire for something, and you don't get it, then you will likely look outside the relationship for it. That's not fair to the person you are supposed to love.

Far kinder to end it and find someone who is comfortable with giving you what you need.

I've never been one to try to "fix" someone else's issues. You can only change yourself.

i've heard so many men on forums complaining that their girls won't give them head, but i rarely see people say "she did it, she FINALLY gave me head!"

it does happen though. my husband and i were 8 months into the relationship before i ever gave him a blow job, and yes, we'd been having sex long before i ever went down on him. it took me a very long time to feel comfortable with him to do something like that. maybe that's the girl's problem [even though the thread is so old]

I didn't read all the other replies, so sorry if I'm repeating here.

I don't think it's shallow at all. Some like to disregard sex and say that if you really love someone it shouldn't matter, and all that sort of thing, but it does matter - a lot.

Professionals will even tell you that the number one factor in a successful relationship is communication, and number two is sex.

I could not imagine my life never receiving oral sex again.

I think that you may be OK for years, but sexual urges are powerful, and in a moment of weakness, in order to feel that pleasure again, you may end up cheating on your SO.

Don't underestimate the power of sex even in the most loving relationships.

Oral sex is abysmally low on the totem pole for me (Pun intended). Here is what I got out of your posts:

A - There are other problems that need to be addressed, this lack of oral sex is unimportant in comparison.

B - Never, ever, EVER try to get someone to do something they do not want to do. She offered a compromise and you rejected it and in this case, I see her being the more mature of the two of you because she gave you a choice at a compromise.

C - While people do have needs in relationships they should also keep in mind the important things and compromises. Oral sex may be a huge deal to you like an appreciation of humour and intellect are to me but I can make compromises that make me and my g/f happy (She's into sociology and I;m into literature, both are intelligent just in very different areas).

So, take the compromise and fix what you have wrong that's more important. Also, the immature "Well, you can anytime you want to" (In regards to oral sex) sounds very petty and begs the question of how old are you both and whether or not emotional maturity needs to develop more for the two of you individually. Sorry if the last bit is harsh but it's the truth and you deserve nothing less than honesty here.

• 2 years later...

Just remember everyone is different and have things in life that are really important to them that are not to others.

I can sympathise with this poster. I'm actually quite a deep person, I'm young and yet want to date girls to find true love and share my life with that person. Intimacy (not sex) is the most important thing to me HOWEVER it just so happens blowjobs are my favourite pleasure in life and if a girl I really liked couldn't provide that, then naturally my happiness in the relationship will suffer greatly.

I know some of you girls like to romanticise but love does not equal happiness I'm afraid. It equals connection and the drawing of two people together but happiness in a relationship requires effort.

Archived