Why do most guys only like short girls?

I was talking to a guy friend earlier about some girl he's into and he was talking about what he liked about her and said,"...and she's really short too which is a requirement for me. She's so cute- I asked her how tall she is- only 4'11" !

I found this comment really odd. She's only 4'11" and he towers above her at 6'7". I asked him why he only liked really short girls- is it because it makes him feel more 'manly'? He said no and that he just doesn't know why.

I'm ~ 5'8" and feel so awkward because almost every couple I see at my school consists of a tall guy and really short girl.

Also, my ex dumped me for a girl who's only ~ 5'0"...and he's 6'3" ! I mean, I'm not that bad am I? I was 7 inches shorter, so isn't that good enough!?!!?

Yeah, I'm sort of sensitive about this subject incase you couldn't tell and just want to know what it is that's unnatractive about a taller girl like me and why some guys only date really short girls.

Even my dad who's 6'5" is engaged to a woman who's under 5 feet. It's sort of funny when they try to kiss when both standing up because she's up on her tiptoes and he's bending way down.

Ha, I feel weird submitting another thread already but this is something that's bugging me.

Well, not ALL guys find ALL shorter women attractive. I mean, I even know guys who have dated girls taller than them!

Everybody has that height preference they would prefer in the opposite sex. I mean, I don't know why, I don't think it makes us shallow but some people do have height preferences. Just like some people prefer brunettes over blondes.

It's just one of those things that makes us unique, that we all like and prefer different things.

I'm 5'8 1/2 and I've never had a problem with getting men's attention. Not to brag.. but I think that some guy's just like that about me. I have thought about the fact that maybe some guys would prefer shorter girls, but what can I do? I have to trust that I can be proud of what I am and still be loved for it.

It's just all about being secure with what you have and who you are. You are just as capable of being loved and liked as much as another girl who is 4'11. You just have to find the right guy..

I'm 5'8 1/2 and I've never had a problem with getting men's attention.

I don't really have trouble getting guys attention either.

But I have a feeling they overall find shorter girls attractive and wish I could be shorter. Another thing I've noticed is that a lot of them have bigger breasts and bottoms whereas me and a few of my taller friends are lacking in those areas so maybe it's that and not the height. Haha...

But then again some of these girls end up gaining a lot of weight when their metabolism slows down.

So I guess that's an advantage of being taller.

I don't have much in the chest department either. And at your age, that probably would have bothered me.

But it's one of those things where you just have to realize that this is your body. Some guy will love you for you. And if you find the right guy, he won't care that you are lacking in the chest and butt area, instead he will love that part about you even more.

But you have to love that part about you first. You have to love you before some other guy can love you for it. You just need to be secure with yourself because everyone is unique in the way their bodies are and all you can do is work with what you have.

There are so many advantages to being taller rather than shorter. I think it's funny because so many shorter girls wish they were taller, and so many taller girls wish they were shorter. So there are advantages and disadvantages to everything!

My boyfriend is like.. Wel I don't know how tall he is.

But he's tall. And I'm only 5'0"

A girl he dated before is only about 5'1", 5'2"

I'm not sure if he cares about height, but I hate being short XD

" But then again some of these girls end up gaining a lot of weight when their metabolism slows down.

So I guess that's an advantage of being taller."

DAMN YOU! Haha, i'll totally trade someday.

I'd love to be AT LEAST 5'4"

I'm tall and I always liked it.

My boyfriend is about 2 inches shorter than me, but he's always had a thing for tall girls.

I think it's a toss-up. Some guys like tall girls, some like short girls.

My mother always made me feel good about being tall, though, b/c she's two inches taller than i am (5'11)! and I have two really pretty friends who are both 6' tall and they don't have any problems getting dates.

Your ex and this other guy are 2 out of 200,000,000. That's not much of a sample population there...

Every-one has their own likes and dislikes, preferences, idiosyncracies, etc. But the person that matters is you. You're only one person but you're the only one you have and some-one else will definitely find your height and so many other things about you to be turn ons...

It only takes one to fill up your heart vermilion...

I wouldnt agree with your statement that "most guys like short girls". I am short, like REALLY short, being only 4'5" tall and I dont have that many guys attracted to me. I have NEVER dated anybody my height. The two guys that I had relationships with were 5'9" and 5'7". Average guys.

If I had a choice, I would be taller, like at least 5'3". I do agree with heather that short people, as they age, their metabolism slows and they GAIN weight. At least that's what happened to me.

hey you are only 16 i promise you as you mature boys will like you as you are whatever height and most of them would prefer a taller girl - i am 5 2 and that is too short i went for smaller guys but now would like a taller man i think - you are not too tall so forget that you are a great height i would love to be as tall as you.

I like shorter girls because I am a shorter guy myself (5' 7"). I would feel a little ackward dating a girl who towered over me.

But I mean in the end, if a guy truly liked someone, they wouldn't go for them based on height anyway. And same goes for women.

I like shorter girls because I am a shorter guy myself (5' 7"). I would feel a little ackward dating a girl who towered over me.

But I mean in the end, if a guy truly liked someone, they wouldn't go for them based on height anyway. And same goes for women.

I don't blame you. I'd feel awkward with some shorter guy too. So I guess it goes both ways.

It makes his "unit" look biger!

haha, maybe...

Your ex and this other guy are 2 out of 200,000,000. That's not much of a sample population there...

Every-one has their own likes and dislikes, preferences, idiosyncracies, etc. But the person that matters is you. You're only one person but you're the only one you have and some-one else will definitely find your height and so many other things about you to be turn ons...

It only takes one to fill up your heart vermilion...

Aww, I hope you're right.

You know, all these ideas about what height, what color hair, etc. you would like your partner to be/have go right out the window when you meet "the one."

I wanted a tall, dark haired, blue eyed man.

I fell in love with a shorter, light haired, brown eyed man and I think he's beautiful!