appropriate to show pics to 3rd party?

life_hard

I am not divorced yet, my husband is a well known person in his field etc etc and his family is very well established and few people may recongise me as his wife.

I went on date with a man several times, although I didn't tell him to be discreet, I assume that it should be and I told him that I don't want exposure at all. But he end up showing a picture of me to one of his friends on purpose to show how good looking I am... I reacted and told him he shouldn't do that.... I got real mad at him....

Am i over reacting?

thanks

I am not divorced yet, my husband is a well known person in his field etc etc and his family is very well established and few people may recongise me as his wife.

I went on date with a man several times, although I didn't tell him to be discreet, I assume that it should be and I told him that I don't want exposure at all. But he end up showing a picture of me to one of his friends on purpose to show how good looking I am... I reacted and told him he shouldn't do that.... I got real mad at him....

Am i over reacting?

thanks

If you need to be that discreet because you are still legally married you probably should not be dating yet.

It's just a complicated thing, but I honestly feel that it is inappropriate to show pictures of other people to 3rd party without asking them in certain situation and THIS IS those certain situations and it should be asked like "can I show you my pictures to my friends"....kinda of like "can I give you your number to this friend" only a polite thing to do....

ug.... forget it...

I can see your side of the situation but either you gave him a picture in which case I think he can assume he can show it to others or he took a photograph of you in which case like any photo he takes, he is entitled to show around.

If you knew he had this picture did you specifically advise him not to show anyone?

If you need to be that discreet because you are still legally married you probably should not be dating yet.

I agree, you need to take some time to yourself, wait until the divorce is done, then you can get back into dating, I'm not telling you what to do, I just think if you don't want anything to get out then you need to wait for things to end with your husband.

These guys are probably right about being too soon... I'd be more than a little put off if I was into someone enough to show her pic off to my friends... and then to have her wig out about it.

Hopefully when you are ready to date you'll be suitably flattered by this kinda thing... showing off a picture (assuming you're clothed of course) is absolutely nothing like handing out your phone number.