got a harsh letter from female friend friends-what the heck-this is screwed

got the msg from some gal i been hanging out wiht-met her off the net. met her friends briefly ang got this msg yesterday via email. what the heck indecent behaviour-omg i did nothing. this is crazy- inapporaopraite behaviour-what did i do really. this is insane. i never said "hey baby, come lets ahve sex now or anything sexual". just casual small talk like i do with male friends and co workers. waht is wrong wiht em.

she invited me to her b day party- i might not even go. what screwed up friends-they hardly even now me and this.

tell me what you guys think of this letter. should i pursue her or say ah see ya. i phone her she never phones me. last 3 wks i been getin busy busy-just to hang out for coffee.

this is screwed

Dan:

We, jen's friends feel that we need to discuss some important issues concerning your inappropriate behaviour. This is a collective email that we need to send to you because we are upset with your social actions.

According to jen, you have known each other for a short amount of time and are becoming closer and closer. She tells us most everything regarding your relationship (because we are her good friends and we care for her). As far as we know, you have only gone out a few times and have made good (interesting) conversation to put it lightly. We understand that you are a smart and nice person and that you seem VERY interested in Jen.

HOWEVER....

It appears to us that you have been asking jen about US. Particularly Lisa. This is a very bold move on your part and we do not know what to think of it. We know that you are "searching" for a girlfriend and that you are considering all options. We believe that your brash and indecent behaviour is not the best way to go. In fact, it will probably deter any potential candidates and future relationships you may develop.

HERE ARE SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU:

1. WHAT PROVOKED YOU TO ASK JEN OUT AFTER KNOWING HER FOR ONLY SO LONG?

2. WHY DID AGREE TO COME TO BOWLING IN THE FIRST PLACE?

3. WHY DID YOU NOT BOWL?

4. WHY DID YOU NOT SPEAK TO ANY OF US?

5. YOU APPEARED TO BE WANTING A RELATIONSHIP WITH JEN- WHY DID YOU ASK ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT WE WOULD WANT TO DATE YOU?

6. WHAT MAKES YOU INTERESTED IN US?

7. DID YOU CHOOSE LISA JUST BECUASE OF HOW SHE LOOKS? IF SO, YOU ARE SO SUPERFICIAL AND SHALLOW!! (YOU DIDN'T EVEN SPEAK TO HER)

8. SO YOU WANT TO COME TO JEN'S BIRTHDAY NOW EH? IS IT TO CHECK OUT MORE GIRLS?

9. WHY DO YOU THINK SO HIGHLY OF YOURSELF? BE HUMBLE AND MODEST MAN

---------------------------------------------------------

HERE ARE SOME POINTERS:

1. YOU ARE AN EXTREMELY QUIET AND INTROVERTED MAN -- TALK!!

2. YOU DO NOT GO TO A SOCIAL EVENT THAT COULD POSSIBLY BE CONSIDERED A "DATE" AND CHECK OUT HER FRIENDS AS IF THEY ARE MEAT!!!

3. YOU DO NOT ASK ABOUT JEN'S FRIENDS AND WHETHER OR NOT THEY WOULD WANT TO DATE YOU ESPECIALLY NOT AFTER JUST MEETING THEM ONCE

4. YOU DO NOT TELL A GIRL THAT SHE IS NOT PRETTY --EVER AND ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU COMPARE HER TO HER FRIENDS

5. YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO BE A GENTLEMEN, BE COURTEOUS, AND BEHAVE IN A MORE SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE MANNER

ok...i am sure that we have showed our displeasure with you. when she first told us about what you said, we were literally all blown away. we believed that you were a nice guy, but it appears to us that you are a jerk. if you don't explain yourself or change your ways, you can hit the road JACK!

PS. JEN IS, AND NEVER WILL PLAY HARD TO GET!!!!!!!

I don't know what to say!

It is so hard to advise you here because I feel there are obviously 2 sides to this story.

However, this is a very unusual response and assuming you behaved within reason at this bowling day, way over the top.

If it were me, I.....don't know what I'd do!! Probably call Jen and find out what is behind it. I really don't know.

WWWWWOW.........those so called "friends" of Jen's really need to take it easy......lol lol lol, how very ridiculous that email is....let me guess: they're all below 20 years old!!!

Anyway, the decision of whether or not to reply is ultimately up to you, but should you decide to do so, just make sure you sound as calm and collected as possible........they're not worth your time, in my opinions.

nope they are 20 21 age

i relied back very calm, not sure if i should continue the friendship or just drop it. with this harsh e mail i'm hurt. never did anything to deserve it-jsut making small talk with Jen about her and her life and friends

I absolutely second DN's advice. There is almost no way Jen is NOT behind this ridiculous email. I have to tell you, this is one of the silliest things I've ever read. What a bunch of prissy, uptight busybodies. Ack, could you imagine being stuck with that group if you WERE Jen's boyfriend? Pity the poor sap who does end up in that unenviable role.

Drop 'em all. They just made themselves and Jen look like complete fools.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!!! Wow drop these girls like hot potatoe (Dan Qualye style). First of all even if you did act "inappropriate" what h*** is this letter all about. A "collective" effort, what they cant think for themselves? Are these the people you want to associate with? I didnt think so. People never cease to amaze me.

Holy Crap! This is a trip!

Where did you meet this girl? Insanegirls&link removed? Is she into Scientology? Tell her that her future children belong to Xenu and change your email addresses, phone numbers the whole nine yards.

My god, I thought I had met some rotten twisters in my day, but this takes the cake!

waht is wrong wiht em.

she invited me to her b day party- i might not even go. what screwed up friends-they hardly even now me and this.

tell me what you guys think of this letter. should i pursue her or say ah see ya. i phone her she never phones me. last 3 wks i been getin busy busy-just to hang out for coffee.

this is screwed

Why do you even waste your time thinking about the issue? You are not seeing this girl again, period.

Well, unless you are into gore and eagerly wanting to find out how the war that will destroy the world will be, because that's pretty much all you'll get from Jen and her friends.

2. YOU DO NOT GO TO A SOCIAL EVENT THAT COULD POSSIBLY BE CONSIDERED A "DATE" AND CHECK OUT HER FRIENDS AS IF THEY ARE MEAT!!!

3. YOU DO NOT ASK ABOUT JEN'S FRIENDS AND WHETHER OR NOT THEY WOULD WANT TO DATE YOU ESPECIALLY NOT AFTER JUST MEETING THEM ONCE

4. YOU DO NOT TELL A GIRL THAT SHE IS NOT PRETTY --EVER AND ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU COMPARE HER TO HER FRIENDS

WHAT DID YOU DO DAN?!?!?! WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Edit:

Anyways Dan, if you want to send a response, please post it here first. I *KNOW* from reading your previous postings that you will need help proofreading and revising a good response letter. Not disrespecting you in anyway. Just offering my help.

PS. JEN IS, AND NEVER WILL PLAY HARD TO GET!!!!!!!

So Jen is playing hard to get? Is Jen not playing hard to get? Is Jen getting her friends to play hard to get for her?

Seriously, I would want to send her a forward of this with a note explaining that this is why I will not only not be speaking to Jen again, but crossing the street if I see her on the same pavement as me.

Or you could just never contact her again and implement said street-crossing manouvers as a matter of course...

Yup, drop them off. If they got nothing good to say, then what's the point of e-mailing something nasty, so rude. So what if you're quiet and introvert, I like that, it's none of their business if you don't go to social gathering. Don't bother writing nor phoning them back, they should get the message. Wow, 20, 21 years old you say, they act like 10 year-old kids. Besies theat whole letter they wrote, they already wasted time on that. Now, you don't wanna waste time either, so you might as well change both your number and e-mail address.

Yup, drop them off. If they got nothing good to say, then what's the point of e-mailing something nasty, so rude. So what if you're quiet and introvert, I like that, it's none of their business if you don't go to social gathering. Don't bother writing nor phoning them back, they should get the message. Wow, 20, 21 years old you say, they act like 10 year-old kids. Besies theat whole letter they wrote, they already wasted time on that. Now, you don't wanna waste time either, so you might as well change both your number and e-mail address.

OR you can completely throw them off and just reply:

"moo.

OK - now wait a minute here....

Let's take a flip side view of this. Let's pretend Jen had posted here about a guy whom she met on the net and went on a bowling date with.

This guy that our imaginary poster thought was sort of into her starts asking her about all of her friends. One in particular friend who happens to be really pretty.

In her make believe post, Jen says that She's sort of put off because this guy acted really shy around around all of her friends and is now asking about dating them.

What would you advise JEN to do??

I would say confront him. Ask him about it.

SHE DID - Ok, so she hid behind a weird "this is a collective e-mail from Jen's friends" e-mail but she still spoke her mind and confronted the issue.

She doesn't want a guy she met on the internet as a prospective date to come out with her and her friends and make it obvious that he's there to pick the best of the lot.

JOE45 - I think you should talk to Jen and ask about her expectations? Ask her what she's looking for and what she wants, if anything anymore, and then ask YOURSELF whether or not there is anything worth persuing.

If she's no longer interested or you're not, you'd better take your leave of all of them.

I asked her straight up if she was interested she said "somewhat", and that we are friends. I told her i was interested. i known her for a month -we went out 3 x's including bowling and we also chat on the phone. she should know if she into me as a friend or something more.

the letter was so rude. i phoned her yesterday and was told she wasn't home-a very "ahhhahhhahhh shes not home". sounds like avoidance

Since we met i been phoning her once a wk on casual chit chat. not once has she ever initiated phoning me. From what i was told its a sign of disinterest.

With your previous relationships was it like this.