I was made fun of because I was single? (M20)

So I was in the cinema yesterday and while I was watching the movie I started crying... I was so hurt by what was happening in the movie. A hot girl spotted me and started to giggle. What did she find so funny? Was she making fun of me? Am I her laughing stock? I was genuinely crying because the movie was so sad. Is she making fun of me for being single? It was a romance movie. Please share your opinion. And if the question doesn't fit into the forum, I can also delete it. 

11 minutes ago, Bene20 said:

. A hot girl spotted me and started to giggle.  Is she making fun of me for being single?

Do you have issues with emotional regulation? Or paranoia that people are making fun of you? While some people cry at sad movies if you were sobbing loudly it might draw unwanted attention. Why does it matter if the girl is hot and how would she know you're single? 

• Haha 1

I don't think it had anything to do with you. I think she was just being an A-hole.

And if she was with friends, you know how kids are, they want friends laughter to confirm how funny they are. She seemed immature and young, and I hope you can forgive her being a thoughtless youth.

Also, next time, I would cry harder and look at her the whole time and start making faces at her. Kids love that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, waffle said:

What movie?

I'm curious about this too, what movie @Bene20?

I cry at virtually everything.  I've teared up when reading some posts!  

Nothing to feel shame for and jmo but her "giggling" probably had nothing to do with you. 

Some people react to sad things by laughing.  Classic MTM clip. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

I've cried at movies, concerts, the theater.  I cried at Trader Joes when an obnoxious cashier told me she'd been putting up with my screaming kid - said kid was 9 months old.  Mean people say mean things. It's life. It has nothing to do with being single.  

When you're younger what others think is much more important than when you get older.  

I went to bars by myself all the time and I'm a woman (apparently it's just okie dokie for a man to go to bars by himself...).  A former coworker saw me there and asked his buddy in a LOUD voice "Why is she here by herself?"  I just laughed to myself and kept going to the bar by myself.  What he said was more about him than it was about me.

You'll probably never see that girl again.  Don't let what some stranger you'll never see again said get you down.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

When you're younger what others think is much more important than when you get older.  

I went to bars by myself all the time and I'm a woman (apparently it's just okie dokie for a man to go to bars by himself...).  A former coworker saw me there and asked his buddy in a LOUD voice "Why is she here by herself?"  I just laughed to myself and kept going to the bar by myself.  What he said was more about him than it was about me.

You'll probably never see that girl again.  Don't let what some stranger you'll never see again said get you down.

Good point -it's true.  Same here.  

Yes, she was being immature. She could be laughing for any number of reasons, all having to do with her and nothing with you. Her opinion doesn't matter and you shouldn't let it affect you or get you down. 

Crying or being emotionally sensitive is fine. I welled up recently myself over a TV show. I cry all the time listening to songs. If anything, that just says it was a good movie if it could affect you so deeply. It's a good thing to be able to feel things to that depth, it helps you to appreciate things more and experience the feel range of human emotions. 

As someone who has been made fun of for being single, I understand how it can hurt. You might already be sensitive about the topic, so don't need the reminder. It's also on her brain, so you are more receptive to taking things as slights against you. If you are more sensitive, then it hurts even more. I had to struggle with that myself for a long time, but what I learned was that what others think doesn't have to affect me. I am my own person, and I need to be happy just being me. If I cry at a movie, then that's just me being wrapped up in the movie. If I am single, then I simply haven't found the right person. My time will come and it will be better for the wait. In the meantime, I will live my life the way I want to live it, being my true authentic self. When I allowed other's opinions to affect me, it just made me sad and depressed. When I fully embraced who I was, I became a lot happier. And amazingly, that postive attitude lead women to be attracted to me. Staying true to you and not listening to others is the key to happiness, believe me.

8 hours ago, Bene20 said:

. A hot girl spotted me and started to giggle. Was she making fun of me? Is she making fun of me for being single? It was a romance movie. 

What makes you believe she was giggling at you specifically or knew you are single? What does "hot" have to do with it?

It somehow seems like since your other thread was shut down you're looking for ways to continue to express your distress at not having it GF, especially that girls aren't throwing themselves at you.

These girls were just being themselves maybe something in the movie was funny, who knows? But please don't be paranoid thinking everyone is staring at you and thinking things. 

5 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

It somehow seems like since your other thread was shut down you're looking for ways to continue to express your distress at not having it GF, especially that girls aren't throwing themselves at you.

My thoughts exactly. 

I have a hard time believing the post at all, frankly. 

8 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

What makes you believe she was giggling at you specifically or knew you are single? What does "hot" have to do with it?

These girls were just being themselves maybe something in the movie was funny, who knows? But please don't be paranoid thinking everyone is staring at you and thinking things. 

I go to movies by myself - I don't care what others think of that but why should  they assume that means I am single?

17 hours ago, waffle said:

What movie?

Probably “How to troll boomers”. Heard its an instant hit at ENA lol

Its the same man who proclaimed how “Its hard that women pass on somebody so beautiful and with the body of a Greek God like him” so dont know why people think its real. 

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

Its the same man who proclaimed how “Its hard that women pass on somebody so beautiful and with the body of a Greek God like him” so dont know why people think its real. 

I'm also stumped by that. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, waffle said:

Gen X here.  But we can still be trolled I suppose.

Apologies. You all have kids my age or little younger, so you are all “boomers” to me lol. Especially when it comes to technological stuff and the internet.

I mean I like to think that I am in tune because of the job I do but even I am behind some stuff. So there is a disparity there. I do like that you and others assume his(if its even a man) intentions are good. But sadly lots of them like to “troll” just because. This one is fairly obvious one. Some even think that British girl that comes every now and then with the story about her abuser boyfriend is also one. I didnt think so but with her now claiming that she sells online pics of herself, she might be one too. Again, not everyone comes with good intentions sadly.

Another Gen X . Oh we know trolls. We called them bullies and had fist fights in the school yard. 🤣 Really we do know what is going on we are just doing the eye roll at this end and like the famous hallmark of our generation “ we don’t care.”

• Like 2