I dont know where i am with my crush

Mlap

So i have been crushing on this girl for 3 years now. We have eachother on snap, but we rarely snapped aside from the streaks. A year ago i started texting her more often and we seemed to hit it off, although i almost always started the conversation.

6 months ago we met at a party and i walked up to her and we talked for the first time in person. We even hugged. She didnt really stay too long and went back to her friends after.

She went to work abroad for 6 months shortly after and has been back from her work for a month now. I havent seen her and we havent texted since she is back. 

I dont know where i am, im pretty certain she used to like me 4 years ago, now i dont know if she still likes me now and what i should do next , so we get into contact more.

Thanks for your help

Just now, Mlap said:

Of course i would like to date her, but its easier said than done😅

What do you find so difficult about saying "Would you like to go out with me sometime? There's a great coffee shop/cafe I'd love to take you to."

Yeah, there's fear of rejection blah blah blah, but if you don't ask I can guarantee she'll never go out with you. So what is it you want? To protect yourself from POSSIBLE rejection or the chance to go on a date with someone you like?

• Like 2

Yup, you don't know until you go there.

You say you talk over social media?  Good start.  And you also met up once- but basically, that's it!

As mentioned, bring up the idea of meeting up for drinks together, see if she says yes.  That is where you begin 😉 .  Continue to try & get to know her IF she allows it.  ( by sounds of it, you still don't know a whole lot abt her).

You sound pretty respectful and not in her face with expectations etc, lol.  Good on you.  Be yourself and see how it goes.... you will know soon enough.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, SooSad33 said:

Yup, you don't know until you go there.

You say you talk over social media?  Good start.  And you also met up once- but basically, that's it!

As mentioned, bring up the idea of meeting up for drinks together, see if she says yes.  That is where you begin 😉 .  Continue to try & get to know her IF she allows it.  ( by sounds of it, you still don't know a whole lot abt her).

You sound pretty respectful and not in her face with expectations etc, lol.  Good on you.  Be yourself and see how it goes.... you will know soon enough.

I actually know her a bit, she comes from a small village where i have a few relatives, so i know her parents and we had communion together when we were like 10 years old.

I guess i will have to ask her out, but i think shes on vacation at the moment. Do you guys think i should wait until she gets back from vacation. And over phone or in person? It might take a few weeks before i can see her in person

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mlap said:

I actually know her a bit, she comes from a small village where i have a few relatives, so i know her parents and we had communion together when we were like 10 years old.

I guess i will have to ask her out, but i think shes on vacation at the moment. Do you guys think i should wait until she gets back from vacation. And over phone or in person? It might take a few weeks before i can see her in person

Phone is fine and you can text her maybe while she's on vacation and make a plan in advance.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Phone is fine and you can text her maybe while she's on vacation and make a plan in advance.

So do you think i should just text her, "hey, i think you are really interesting, would you like to go for a coffee sometime?" It feels kinda out of nowhere

15 minutes ago, Mlap said:

So do you think i should just text her, "hey, i think you are really interesting, would you like to go for a coffee sometime?" It feels kinda out of nowhere

Hey <insert name>, hope you're having a great holiday and enjoying the <maybe insert something relevant/interesting to wherever she is>. Would be great to do something when you're back, fancy going for a coffee or drink sometime?'.

Worst that can happen is she says no, then at least you tried either way. On the flipside she may say yes, in which case you confidently suggest/set a definite date after.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Mlap said:

No.  I'd text "I'd love to call you and make a plan to meet in person.  When is a good time to call you?"  If the call goes well ask if she'd like to meet for a  daytime walk in a nearby park or trail and grab lunch or ice cream after. Or invite her to see a museum exhibit.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, NighttimeNightmare said:

If you think she thinks you’re boring, what do you plan to talk about it she says yes? 

We can talk about her work abroad, what she plans on doing in the future, favorite movies, series and so on.

Its not really that she thinks im a boring person, more that im boring her with my texts, but that is also only a feeling i have

10 hours ago, Mlap said:

Okay, so a little update, she has responded after 2 days. 

She told me that she forgot to answer me and that she will be in my city more often, because her new work is here

Would you guys say, that her response is a good sign?