We did normal couple things went on dates , supported me through college , at first the relationship was long distance and he moved to the town I’m in to be closer , He has met my friends , we talked about the future

So he financially supported you while you attended college?

Has he met your family?

Your concerns are not shallow at all. I'm not a big social media person and never posted anything about my S/O or my relationship status. But I can't see a legit reason to refuse to connect with the person I'm dating if they want to, or to hide my profile from them. Him being angry when you brought it up is a huge red flag. He sounds shady and manipulative.

Certainly sounds funny, all this.

My personal attitude toward social media is that I am really, really turned off by people who want to use it "lock things down" quickly, or to turn the inherently fragile (and fun!) business of getting to know someone romantically into a performance. So someone eager to photograph, tag, and flaunt in the early days—well, not my thing. No judgement, just not going to be a good match, and I've had to make that clear once or twice.

That said, what strikes me as peculiar here is that he gets angry when you bring it up. It's been three years! If he has some kind of legitimate reasons—well, he should be able to tell you, clearly and calmly. That he just gets upset? Not cool. Whatever his reasons, that's a pretty clear display of not really taking you, and your feelings, seriously.

All in all, I think you have to ask yourself: Is this enough? Three years is enough time to know what you're going to get—and not get—from another person inside a relationship. My impression here is that you want much, much more than you're getting, and that what you want is hardly a moonshot.

Certainly sounds funny, all this.

My personal attitude toward social media is that I am really, really turned off by people who want to use it "lock things down" quickly, or to turn the inherently fragile (and fun!) business of getting to know someone romantically into a performance. So someone eager to photograph, tag, and flaunt in the early days—well, not my thing. No judgement, just not going to be a good match, and I've had to make that clear once or twice.

That said, what strikes me as peculiar here is that he gets angry when you bring it up. It's been three years! If he has some kind of legitimate reasons—well, he should be able to tell you, clearly and calmly. That he just gets upset? Not cool. Whatever his reasons, that's a pretty clear display of not really taking you, and your feelings, seriously.

All in all, I think you have to ask yourself: Is this enough? Three years is enough time to know what you're going to get—and not get—from another person inside a relationship. My impression here is that you want much, much more than you're getting, and that what you want is hardly a moonshot.

I don't think this is about "social media" per se -it's a person acting shady about his personal life with his significant other.

I met a guy online from another state. We each flew interstate and met up about 6 times, were texting & talking on the phone all the time, he had plans to move to my state for work.

He said he didnt have social media as he didnt like it. I had no reason not to believe him.

While trying to add a new friend on FB on my mobile it said that his mobile number had a FB account. I looked, and there he was, with his wife.

I was devastated.

When he finally answered my call after texting him, he said it was my fault for snooping. WTH?

He was seperated, but still living in the house together, he was sleeping in the spare room. His Wife's profile did have "complicated" as her status, so it looks like that part was true.

I blocked him instantly, and will never do long distance again.

He is hiding something, and you need to protect yourself and leave him.

Archived