Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

23 hours ago, pippy longstocking said:

A little bird told me cheet was back , so I have popped in quickly to say hello darling , haven't seen you forever .xxx

Please keep taking this seriously everyone ..covid has taken my brother , two weeks ago ,he is only 57 😪 our family have been to hell and  back  .

Keep safe xx

Sorry to hear that, please be strong.

• Like 1
On 5/23/2021 at 10:18 AM, pippy longstocking said:

A little bird told me cheet was back , so I have popped in quickly to say hello darling , haven't seen you forever .xxx

Please keep taking this seriously everyone ..covid has taken my brother , two weeks ago ,he is only 57 😪 our family have been to hell and  back  .

Keep safe xx

Pippy my dear!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I am so sorry for your loss.   Sending you the biggest hugs.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

We have come out of the third wave here thankfully and dropped from almost 5000 new cases a day in the province down to 355 a day. Our vaccine program has taken off as well. 

That's great news!

We are fully re-opened.  I went downtown today (walked) and it's the biggest crowd I've been in since early last year.  Some people still had masks on.  Most retail and groceries still require masks which is fine with me.  I will wear mine inside stores and when I might be around lots of people.

15 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

That's great news!

We are fully re-opened.  I went downtown today (walked) and it's the biggest crowd I've been in since early last year.  Some people still had masks on.  Most retail and groceries still require masks which is fine with me.  I will wear mine inside stores and when I might be around lots of people.

Yeah, Canada is not even close to fully open yet. Here in Ontario we only started in phase 1 of our endless phase open one week ago. We might not be fully open until the Fall. 

4 minutes ago, hoshi said:

That's great news!

I got fully vaccinated last week 🙂 Did the side effects take place yet? 

I think this would be a bit strange, after all we've just gotten used to living life at home during quarantine and now we're allow to go out. I can't even remember the things I did before covid. 🤣

Not yet but I had huge side effects with my first shot . I was sick for about 3 days. My first shot was AstraZeneca, my second was Pfizer. We will see if mixing the vaccines makes it worse side effect wise. Where I am we’re still pretty locked down but freedom it’s coming, some day. 😒

21 minutes ago, hoshi said:

Hmm. I got both Pfizer. The side effect I got for it is a fever and a headache but it went away. 

Did anyone said it's okay to mix it? I never seen anyone got different ones.

This is being done as a matter of course in Canada because they want to get rid of AstraZeneca, so if you got it for your first dose you are most likely getting an MRna for your second. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I anticipate a border opening as well. I'm planning a trip for August. I'm fully vaccinated and I can get a test easily before crossing; my insurance covers all that jazz in full and I'll get the results electronically. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Fudgie said:

I anticipate a border opening as well. I'm planning a trip for August. I'm fully vaccinated and I can get a test easily before crossing; my insurance covers all that jazz in full and I'll get the results electronically. Fingers crossed. 

It is still too inconvenient for day trips because you need a Covid test leaving and coming back. Yeah, nah. 

12 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

It is still too inconvenient for day trips because you need a Covid test leaving and coming back. Yeah, nah. 

I will have to check as the time gets closer but I believe I only need a COVID test prior to admittance to Canada but I don't need a test to get back home over the border. Keep in mind, I'm using land crossing, NOT air travel. For Canadians though, yeah, a test both ways, which sucks. 

3 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

It makes me want to roll my eyes because if I was negative earlier in the day I probably am later in the day. 

Yeah, even if you were exposed that very day you wouldn't test positive for at least a few days.

To me it's like businesses and workplaces that exclaim "We do temperature checks! We have HAND SANITIZER!" Neither of which do anything to prevent the spread. It just makes people feel safer, I guess.

I am glad to hear things are getting better in your area, @Seraphim .

My state (and most of the US) is having a post reopening big surge but it's almost exclusively the unvaccinated who are getting sick and are hospitalized. 

7 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Yeah, even if you were exposed that very day you wouldn't test positive for at least a few days.

To me it's like businesses and workplaces that exclaim "We do temperature checks! We have HAND SANITIZER!" Neither of which do anything to prevent the spread. It just makes people feel safer, I guess.

I am glad to hear things are getting better in your area, @Seraphim .

My state (and most of the US) is having a post reopening big surge but it's almost exclusively the unvaccinated who are getting sick and are hospitalized. 

Yeah, we are down to about 150 cases a day in the province from 4800 a day in March. We have been locked up literally forever. We are fully vaccinated and my son has his first dose, most of my family now is fully vaccinated. 

Indoor mask mandate is reinstated effective Saturday in my area. Too many unvaccinated people parading around inside shops and restaurants maskless and spreading the delta variant.

I already wear mine indoors (well, not at home) so no big deal to me to wear it. But it's not so great that the cases are going back up.

10 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Indoor mask mandate is reinstated effective Saturday in my area. Too many unvaccinated people parading around inside shops and restaurants maskless and spreading the delta variant.

I already wear mine indoors (well, not at home) so no big deal to me to wear it. But it's not so great that the cases are going back up.

They won’t drop masks here for a long time is my bet. 

17 hours ago, Seraphim said:

They won’t drop masks here for a long time is my bet. 

People here are screaming, of course. The very same people who refuse to get vaccinated also refuse to wear masks indoors. They are the ones spreading it but expect the government to do nothing about it in the name of "freedom". I honestly wouldn't care if they were just spreading it to each other but they're causing yet another crisis for health care workers.

I think after this surge things will settle down again in about a month. In the meantime lots of unvaccinated people will get sick and die. A real shame.

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

The other day our Prime Minister was saying most likely Americans that are fully vaccinated can visit mid August. 

I wonder if that will change due to the fact that all 50 states are seeing a huge surge in cases.  Even with some fully vaccinated people.

I for one will not travel anywhere unless and until this surge is under control.  

17 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I wonder if that will change due to the fact that all 50 states are seeing a huge surge in cases.  Even with some fully vaccinated people.

I for one will not travel anywhere unless and until this surge is under control.  

I am expecting we will see a fourth wave as now all provinces have vastly removed a lot of restrictions. They are expecting it this Fall. 

However, this will be with us forever so we just need to keep moving.