Open Club  ·  95 members  ·  Free

Journals

Gestational diabetes

ButterflyWrists

I've been awake since 5ish, took over an hour to get baby back to sleep after her feeding and fussing for an hour. She was sound asleep 20 min before I decided I might as well get some chores done. She woke her daddy up 10 min after I left and wouldn't settle, he tried for 30 min bless him. She's got a leap coming up and I'm pretty sure she's going through another growth spurt.. she's coming up to 12 weeks. Where has the time gone??

Sounds completely normal for an infant! Sorry it's so hard on you guys!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds completely normal for an infant! Sorry it's so hard on you guys!

Oh it is, she spoilt me with good sleeping and calmness in mornings until recently lol! Just need to learn and adapt. We went for a walk earlier, one of the cars decided I was walking him, he made 3 cars stop (no sidewalk), managed to get him home and in house so we could continue our walk.

I'm glad your stroke didn't have any long lasting effects!

I had to have bp checked a few times as I developed pre eclampsia. I've just had some bad news, and feeling rubbish extremely upset and baby is also upset. Why does fiance have to be in office today! 😭

Sorry !! Yes -complete recovery as far as I can tell. I know solo parenting can be so hard!

Having a down day again. Also think I might have mastitis, hard lump in boob that won't shift with massage and hot compresses :'(

Need to go and get baby some new sleep suits as she's toooooo long in body and legs now, so can't just cut feet off lol.. but I have to take her with me. She'll be in pram and I can keep hood up, or would a carrier be safer in terms of the virus?

Having a down day again. Also think I might have mastitis, hard lump in boob that won't shift with massage and hot compresses :'(

Need to go and get baby some new sleep suits as she's toooooo long in body and legs now, so can't just cut feet off lol.. but I have to take her with me. She'll be in pram and I can keep hood up, or would a carrier be safer in terms of the virus?

I would simply keep people at a distance whether with your own body or otherwise - I had to do that because we had a flu epidemic at that time. I wasn't polite or nice if someone got too close -I also wasn't rude - somewhere in between depending on the situation.

Luckily it wasn't busy which helped a lot, everyone has naked on as it's a requirement from today (finally!) Baby it's existed but struggling to nap, contact making but needs white noise and me singing/talking softly. Gotta get anti biotics soon, but baby needs to nap so it'll have to wait.. £75 doesn't buy enough, but I got enough got 6 days providing no clothing changes, so 2/3 days realistically, but my friend has a load to give us as soon as I can get down (2hr journey)..

One of my cats decided to catch a bird (again different cat this time though 🙄 ) so were had to pull the lounge apart to try and rescue it.. decided after that as I wanted to rearrange the room to just do that instead of the chores we had planned to do lol. Baby has been fairly content today, only contact napping which is hard especially as it tends to be after boobing, so as well as having already done 5 days work, fiance has had to do vast majority of the work and he's got over time in an hour...I truly ask thankful I have such a fantastic partner.

One of my cats decided to catch a bird (again different cat this time though 🙄 ) so were had to pull the lounge apart to try and rescue it.. decided after that as I wanted to rearrange the room to just do that instead of the chores we had planned to do lol. Baby has been fairly content today, only contact napping which is hard especially as it tends to be after boobing, so as well as having already done 5 days work, fiance has had to do vast majority of the work and he's got over time in an hour...I truly ask thankful I have such a fantastic partner.

I'm glad he is there for you and your little family!

I know what you mean, I wished at times there was a switch in my brain and I could turn off the stress and anxiety instead of it getting to me.

The good thing to remember though, is it's temporary feelings and they will pass.

For the moment though, just try to focus on the calm and to positive. I know it's difficult but it will help. Even listening to some calm music can often help a person feel better.

Archived