Open Club  ·  95 members  ·  Free

Journals

Gestational diabetes

ButterflyWrists

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was really nice, he made us a really good dinner (little one wouldn't let us put her down) he loved his present (a customised book from her perspective)..

Not sure if I've been over feeding her, (supposedly you can't over feed a breast fed baby) but she was born in around the 74thcentile, and at 9 weeks she jumped up top the 97th.. since she was weighed and had her vaccines, she's not eating as much and im massively engorged and having to pump to ease it. 4am I got 5oz and was still very full...

It was really nice, he made us a really good dinner (little one wouldn't let us put her down) he loved his present (a customised book from her perspective)..

Not sure if I've been over feeding her, (supposedly you can't over feed a breast fed baby) but she was born in around the 74thcentile, and at 9 weeks she jumped up top the 97th.. since she was weighed and had her vaccines, she's not eating as much and im massively engorged and having to pump to ease it. 4am I got 5oz and was still very full...

I also have heard many times that you can't overfeed. Percentiles seem normal -follow what your doctor suggests.

I also have heard many times that you can't overfeed. Percentiles seem normal -follow what your doctor suggests.

Gp was really happy with her weight. She's very long too, her 3-6 months clothes fit with little to no growing room 🙈😭 looks like yet another shopping spree... I thought newborns weren't supposed to cost much 🤣 I'm upset im barely getting 7 days wear out of any of her clothes.. can I shrink her line Alice in wonderland?

She is doing very very well. No ,you can’t overfeed a breast-fed baby breastmilk is so easily digestible it goes through the system very quickly. She might have slowed a bit eating because she felt cruddy from the vaccines. She’s a big girl my son was only in the 45th percentile. And he was only 11 pounds at four months old. So believe me you’re doing just fine!

Gp was really happy with her weight. She's very long too, her 3-6 months clothes fit with little to no growing room 🙈😭 looks like yet another shopping spree... I thought newborns weren't supposed to cost much 🤣 I'm upset im barely getting 7 days wear out of any of her clothes.. can I shrink her line Alice in wonderland?

Do you have people to give you hand me downs? That's what we did.

I've got a friend who is constantly getting hold of stuff for me from other friends with little ones.. but she's gonna be over taking them soon 🙈 yeah she mostly lives vests or all in ones, but I do like having a few outfits too..

That's totally your call - they grow out of the outfits really fast at this age and you're entitled to wanting what you want for the baby!

I think some of the outfits fit a bit longer, dungarees got example you can adjust and t shirts are fitting fit slightly longer as doesn't matter if they get a tad short 🤣 it's super frustrating how quickly she's growing.. her daddy loves it, butty he's the giant of course he would!

I just can't relate. I was delighted-and still am -when my child is growing whether physically or emotionally. Of course children grow out of their clothes and shoes - one of his stuffed animals now wears some of his toddler shirts lol - but "frustrating"? Why?

I would be mindful of not using outfits that are too snug -she can't tell you when she is uncomfortable and roomy is probably better at this age other than diapers and pajamas of course lol.

I just can't relate. I was delighted-and still am -when my child is growing whether physically or emotionally. Of course children grow out of their clothes and shoes - one of his stuffed animals now wears some of his toddler shirts lol - but "frustrating"? Why?

I would be mindful of not using outfits that are too snug -she can't tell you when she is uncomfortable and roomy is probably better at this age other than diapers and pajamas of course lol.

Because she's 9.5 weeks old and very soon she'll be in 6-9 month clothes.. she's already been in 3-6 months 3 weeks.. it was bound to be this way as her daddy has giant genes.. but I feel robbed.. I at least hoped I'd get up until she was 2 months in 0-3 (was in up to 1 month for 4 weeks) etc.. don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's growing well and is healthy etc.. I just wish she wasn't growing quite so fast..

We're having such a tough day today, I think the heat is bothering her and nothing I do is helping. Had a mini break down and fiance had to come help me cause it all got too much got both baby and I.

My kids only wore 0-3 months for about a month. They never wore anything for more than a few weeks. Sizes for babies run small, they have always run small. That's why I didn't invest in a lot of outfits for them.

It's just clothing. You can do what I did and sell their outgrown clothes on consignment. I made a few dollars back doing that.

A lot of the clothes are second hand, so I'll ne donating to women's shelters, and keeping some of my favourites for next baby.. baby isn't gonna make it to 3 months before being in 6-9 months clothes 😭 but yeah the clothes don't have much growing room to them. Up to 1 month is a very similar size to 0-3 months..

My kids only wore 0-3 months for about a month. They never wore anything for more than a few weeks. Sizes for babies run small, they have always run small. That's why I didn't invest in a lot of outfits for them.

It's just clothing. You can do what I did and sell their outgrown clothes on consignment. I made a few dollars back doing that.

I agree. I don't relate to your desire that she not grow so fast. Imagine if it was the opposite. Imagine if you had your first baby and your little girl didn't get over her jaundice that can happen temporarily. Imagine your baby needing a liver transplant in her first 6 months. Imagine it didn't take and then needed a second transplant. While being hundreds of miles away from family. That's what happened to my close friend's daughter's first baby. That baby is now a thriving 5 year old. Although several ER and hospital visits since she is immunocompromised. Please please I welcome you to need to vent here but please reconsider getting stressed about a baby growing "too fast".

I agree. I don't relate to your desire that she not grow so fast. Imagine if it was the opposite. Imagine if you had your first baby and your little girl didn't get over her jaundice that can happen temporarily. Imagine your baby needing a liver transplant in her first 6 months. Imagine it didn't take and then needed a second transplant. While being hundreds of miles away from family. That's what happened to my close friend's daughter's first baby. That baby is now a thriving 5 year old. Although several ER and hospital visits since she is immunocompromised. Please please I welcome you to need to vent here but please reconsider getting stressed about a baby growing "too fast".

It's not stressed as such just upset. I fully appreciate having a healthy big baby is much better (for lack of a better word) than a smaller baby with health concerns.

Ugh I think we're going through nursing strike. Since her vaccines she's not eating much, today she's been crying all day, showing all signs of hunger but not latching on. She's had a small amount expressed, and I'm hoping she'll now feed from breast.

I feel like she hates me currently. Obviously that isn't the case.. but I can't help feel like it and feel so utterly useless.

It's not stressed as such just upset. I fully appreciate having a healthy big baby is much better (for lack of a better word) than a smaller baby with health concerns.

Ugh I think we're going through nursing strike. Since her vaccines she's not eating much, today she's been crying all day, showing all signs of hunger but not latching on. She's had a small amount expressed, and I'm hoping she'll now feed from breast.

I feel like she hates me currently. Obviously that isn't the case.. but I can't help feel like it and feel so utterly useless.

If you appreciated it you wouldn't be upset that your baby is thriving because it means you can't use the outfits you bought. You're going to spend a lot of $ over the years on items that don't work for your child or that she outgrows in two seconds, etc. It's called parenting. Do your utmost not to sweat the small stuff - she absorbs all of your energy.

I agree with the others as far as please let her be. Show her active love, meet her needs, and how she reacts is her business. Unless her reaction seems to mean she is ill or something -then you're the parent, you have to be her advocate and help her.

It definitely tugged at my heart strings to put away the little newborn outfits. When she got her first teeth, I cried because it was the end of her gummy baby smile. There’s something about babies growing up ... you hope for it every day and then feel very emotional when it happens.

I hope baby feels better. I know it’s worrisome when they don’t eat but she’s such a healthy weight, I’m sure she’ll be back on track soon.

If you appreciated it you wouldn't be upset that your baby is thriving because it means you can't use the outfits you bought. You're going to spend a lot of $ over the years on items that don't work for your child or that she outgrows in two seconds, etc. It's called parenting. Do your utmost not to sweat the small stuff - she absorbs all of your energy.

I agree with the others as far as please let her be. Show her active love, meet her needs, and how she reacts is her business. Unless her reaction seems to mean she is ill or something -then you're the parent, you have to be her advocate and help her.

You really don't get it, and that's fine it isn't about outfits. It's about how rapidly she's growing, it's impossible to explain evidently. I definitely DO appreciate and am very happy my daughter is healthy and thriving, I can't believe you think I don't, all because I am upset at how FAST it's going.

Could also be pnd

Sophie, she did start eating about 6pm thankfully.. her nappy output has been rubbish which is very concerning, I hope we have a better day today..3.45am roughly waiting for her to wake for her night feed.

So many parents lament at how quickly their children grow up . I know I did. I can’t believe my son is an adult .

Yes I get that part of growing up - wanting our kids to stay babies/toddlers/ where we can carry them around instead of the other way around, missing the baby talk, the milestones that seemed to go so fast.. But I'm scratching my head a bit at this different situation -being upset that an infant is growing at a fast speed -that's a sign of health and I would hope a reason to feel joy even if it means that those adorable outfits will never be worn by this baby. Butterfly -your upset feelings seem to be focused on her growing out of clothing and your last post was also focused on mistakes you may have made with sizing. That is why I suggested hand me downs and yes I may have overstepped by suggesting you focus on the health part rather than that those outfits might be used for your next child, someone else's child,etc.

. And that is why I am scratching my head - your focus on the clothing. I just really have never heard a parent get upset about this - and I know lots and lots of new parents over the last 30 years- and I will step aside from this topic, as I can see I'm giving a judgey comment -and realize that all parents have different feelings about the speed of an infant's growth and different attachments to baby outfits.

I loved that my baby wore mismatched socks and mismatched clothing and old hand me downs and had no clue or care about baked in spit up stains, etc. So I was a bit on the other extreme. We had a really cute take me home outfit I bought and I love it and didn't donate it. I received a $50 white onesie from an expensive department store as a gift. I returned it and bought my mom lovely towels for Mother's Day that year because I knew he'd wear it once, spit up on it, bye bye onesie. Of course I accept that you care a lot about the clothes you bought and you wish your infant would have gotten the memo to stop growing so fast so you could dress her in those lovely outfits. I remember being really upset that right before his first bath -with the help of our useless doula - for which I had an adorable hooded towel- my husband decided to take a non urgent call from his parents which meant we almost missed the window of baby being calm enough to be sponge bathed. He didn't get why it was so important. Maybe no one else would. Just like I don't get why you're upset about her speed of growth right now. I'm sorry I imposed my judgment on you.

Yes I get that part of growing up - wanting our kids to stay babies/toddlers/ where we can carry them around instead of the other way around, missing the baby talk, the milestones that seemed to go so fast.. But I'm scratching my head a bit at this different situation -being upset that an infant is growing at a fast speed -that's a sign of health and I would hope a reason to feel joy even if it means that those adorable outfits will never be worn by this baby. Butterfly -your upset feelings seem to be focused on her growing out of clothing and your last post was also focused on mistakes you may have made with sizing. That is why I suggested hand me downs. And that is why I am scratching my head - your focus on the clothing. I just really have never heard a parent get upset about this and I will step aside from this topic, as I can see I'm giving a judgey comment -and realize that all parents have different feelings about the speed of an infant's growth and different attachments to baby outfits.

My sister had four kids and her youngest was a tween when my son was born -she always told me -if you want to birth a baby accept that you never know what's going to come out -and that goes for size, etc. Obviously we have even more high tech tests in utero than even back in the 80s and 90s of course- but there are still so many unknowns. And so many once the baby is born. When I knew I wanted a child so so much I gave that a lot of thought and accepted that reality.

I understand. It really isn't about clothing, clothes can be bought in many sizes if I really liked an outfit (there's one im going top buy a couple bigger suitcases of as it's adorable) It's just, she doesn't feel like a young baby. It's really hard to explain what I'm feeling, I guess hence the focus on clothing.

Oh I know you can never predict, genetics and well anything really. A baby will be what they will be., all we can do is love them, nurture them and help them to grow into the best human they can be, and im so excited to be teaching her and loving her and watching her. It just feels so quick, like if I blink she'll be even bigger and doing mor when I haven't entirely got my head wrapped around this moment.

Lock down doesn't help, as obviously very few people have met her, so it feels like times stagnant, but it gives me time to just sit and watch her with wonder. She holds her head up by herself so well. Does sit ups trying to sit herself up. She watches so closely, listens out for me. Lots of laughter. It's amazing. I love this little being so much!

Archived