Why do liars and cheaters continue to flourish?

Perhaps this teacher suffers from delusions of grandeur and has gotten comfortable with bragging and gets a thrill to be noticed because she believes no one has the courage to report her. I always wonder how people can live with themselves after doing something so wrong. Sociopath, without feelings?

Delusions of grandeur or not, bottom line it's a crime. Depending on where she lives, penalty is ten years in prison.

If she is smart enough to embezzle the money which is another way of describing it, I highly doubt she is gonna be stupid enough to brag about it to co-workers.

If admin knows and is doing nothing, then they are equally liable. And yeah who advised admin?

Like I said, none of this is jiving.

In any event, forget about karma, that's the least of your problems.

This is an egregious act, it's illegal, breaks the educational code of ethics -- stop complaining and contact the board of education and or law enforcement, they will conduct an investigation.

Being that it is a crime, and you are aware of it, if you don't report it, you're guilty of intentionally withholding evidence, and could face your own penalty.

Think I'm kidding? Google it.

Yeah, none of this makes sense. If this teacher has engaged in these actions (and there’s sufficient evidence to support these claims), I can’t for the life of me understand why nothing has been done about it. Just doesn’t add up. Can’t help but wonder if it’s office gossip spun out of control.

I've just learned to expect it, that way I am not disappointed. Things in life are often unjust, unfair and lopsided. I used to let it bug me and then I realized I was just having a party for one in my head. So, I stopped and decided to keep my eyes on my own paper. Life is just a lot more peaceful that way.

I commute in Los Angeles to and from work. I get big eyes and huge reactions when I tell people this. `How do you do it?'

Whenever I have the opportunity to be passenger in a car, I watch the drivers reactions. Upset, rage, frustration. That could be me if I let. But my reaction to other idiots behavior is a choice, so I choose to not react. It would take years off my life if I did. If I feel myself starting to get worked up, I simply mumble those three words `party for one'

It reminds me that my reaction is choice and being upset about something unjust is only in my head. Besides, no one gets the benefit of my wrath, but me.

So in when driving and situations like yours, I choose to keep my eyes on my own paper. Besides, does what she's doing directly effect your quality of life? If not, ignore it.

JMO of course but I don't think it would be in her best interests to ignore that a fellow teacher is stealing money from the school, assuming she has solid proof. Which is what this teacher is essentially doing.

If she doesn't have solid proof, then yeah ignore it -- it's most likely just a bunch of meaningless office gossip like milly suggested.

Delusions of grandeur or not, bottom line it's a crime. Depending on where she lives, penalty is ten years in prison.

If she is smart enough to embezzle the money which is another way of describing it, I highly doubt she is gonna be stupid enough to brag about it to co-workers.

If admin knows and is doing nothing, then they are equally liable. And yeah who advised admin?

Like I said, none of this is jiving.

In any event, forget about karma, that's the least of your problems.

This is an egregious act, it's illegal, breaks the educational code of ethics -- stop complaining and contact the board of education and or law enforcement, they will conduct an investigation.

Being that it is a crime, and you are aware of it, if you don't report it, you're guilty of intentionally withholding evidence, and could face your own penalty.

Think I'm kidding? Google it.

Yes! Your claims don’t make sense... if she was legitimately embezzling money why would she tell the whole world about it??

Based on this, I don’t think J Man is being rude to question then validity of your claims.... this is exactly how rumours and gossip end up destroying people’s lives.

The other side is that if you are aware of all of these behaviours and have the facts to back it up then you are responsible for bringing those forward... otherwise you are part of the problem.

Last but not least... there have been times in my line of work where complaints about someone have been brought to my attention.... I thank the person that brought it forward and let them know I will look into it... I take them seriously and always investigate... without hard evidence there is nothing I can do though... and if there is hard evidence and an investigation is going on I am obligated to keep those details private.

My point being it may seem like they are not doing anything but I would bet there is a lot happening that you aren’t aware of OP... otherwise could you imagine how much trouble they would be in for just ignoring everything? As much or more than your colleague.

In this instance I would surmise that the admin and principal are also dirty and she knows it. Thus they protect each other.

Simply put are you willing to get the information you know to the local paper? They love doing investigative reporting on this type of corruption. Basically Karma needs help because if good people stand idly by and do nothing evil will flourish.

There are people that complain and then there are people that try and right wrongs. Who are you?

Even if you compile the information and provide it anonymously you have done something right?

Lost

Yes, I agree. If something genuinely crooked is going on, do something about it. Report it. If that doesn't work, take it higher.

There's no guarantees , but at least you did your bit that way. If you do nothing but look the other way, you become part of the problem too.

Stealing from funds is more common than a lot of people realize. Usually it means pockets are being lined all up the chain. They aren't going to do anything if they are doing it too.

Once upon a time I worked at a private home care company. The lady at the top was stealing hundreds of thousands from allotted funds meant for the clients, who were all in need of 24/7 care. House managers stole, money and medication. Of course she wouldnt do anything, if she did, they would rat in her too. And others were fearful of losing their jobs and so shrugged their shoulders.

She did lose that job but she never went to jail. Lax punishments in these parts. Sometimes these people just go on to other companies and organizations and repeat.

Why doesn't a teacher put her opening post into proper paragraphs? Seems odd.

Anyway, it seems that you are overly involved in this, particularly because you yourself haven't applied to any of these jobs. If you are very peeved or concerned about what is happening and your Principal isn't doing anything to curb such misuse and abuse of the system then yes, why hasn't all of you other teachers gone over the Principals head in order to get an outside enquiry going?

We posters here can't do anything to correct what you assume has been going on.

They flourish but eventually their bad deeds will catch up with them. Riding high doesn't last forever. The faster the rise, the harder the fall.

Don't bother thinking about her or paying her any mind. She is the one who has to live with herself and someday when the gig is up, it will be her time to pay the price. She is the one who has to look herself in the mirror and have that on her conscience. When she is caught and the consequences are severe, that is the time when she'll have to eat a huge slice of humble pie. Just give it time. A cheater doesn't last as long as you think. She'll have her repercussions in due time. It may not be anytime soon but someday her despicable behavior will come at a dear cost.

An honest person lives a better life because an honest person can look at himself or herself in the mirror without guilt. An honest person is more enduring within their own skin and everyone they interact with. An honest person feels that life is rewarding because they did nothing wrong and played by the rules. An honest person has a tendency to have sound relationships with others. An honest person surrounds themselves with good people. An honest person is happier overall. An honest person can be proud of their exemplary behavior and they're content because they have nothing to hide!

Life is about so many different people in it. All you can do is enforce strong boundaries with people whom you don't like, respect nor admire. All you can do is remain civil and peaceful with everyone. Or, if you can't in certain situations, learn to get up and walk away.

Life is unfair. Just be a good person, hang out with other good people and leave bad people alone. Don't bother.

I don't think this is a healthy way to exist in terms of a chosen profession. Maybe take a good look at whether teaching is your calling or whether this is meant for you. Every industry has its players and some areas of the game are a little shadier and full of a little more cobwebs than we'd like, things that ensnare us and provoke us in negative ways and we are embarrassed for the characters that reflect upon us as professionals. It's up to you what you want to do with your experience going forward. Try to put things in perspective and don't lose sight of why you chose teaching in the first place.

Your posting history is filled with jealous and insecure posts. If this is happening, it’s a crime and needs to be reported. Do you feel comfortable enough with what you know to assist in prosecuting it? Speaking to officers and investigators and in front of a judge?

• 1 month later...

Welcome to school...

Nothing will happen to her because she licks his boots. Her words are trustworthy while yours don't....

Once upon a time 2 favorite workers of my boss don't like me at all. They loaded me with their works and gave me pressure to do it promptly. Another worker told me that they always backstabbing me and spread about me and my boss is aware of it...

Archived