Boyfriend is married

blondiemwuah

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t even think I could’ve slept that night, I would have left right there. It perturbs me that he lied about his name more than anything. Like he’s been answering to a different name all this time. Also- why were they brought out of the car to begin with? What was suspicious about their car that they were asked to get out?

Just like any entry into any country, there is customs and immigration, whether it's by car, bus, train, boat, plane, on foot, etc. That means they routinely check paperwork and forms filled out and randomly check luggage, vehicles, etc.

In fact entry on a bus, all passengers must disembark, and bring their luggage for inspection. He lied to her about his first name because he is married. He presented a valid passport and did not have anything that would stop entry such as a criminal history, including DUIs, child support in arrears, firearms, drugs, etc. All entries into Canada require a valid US passport. His and hers.

The Canadian border guards are not clueless fools who let US criminals, kidnappers, drug smugglers, human traffickers, human smugglers, firearms dealers, stolen, uninsured or unregistered vehicles, etc into the country. If she wants to go home, she could call friends or family for help. She obviously has access to internet and phones.

I don’t even think I could’ve slept that night, I would have left right there. It perturbs me that he lied about his name more than anything. Like he’s been answering to a different name all this time. Also- why were they brought out of the car to begin with? What was suspicious about their car that they were asked to get out?

Random searches at the Canada-US border can and do happen. My parents' car was thoroughly searched a couple of years ago, while they were asked to wait outside the vehicle. My own car was once gone through with a flashlight upon reentry into Canada (and I'm a citizen myself) and then I was sent on my way. It doesn't necessarily mean anything was suspicious about the car or the driver, at first glance. Spot checks are performed at border entry points sometimes; I've encountered them at home and abroad. Evidently, his travel documents and reasons for visiting Canada checked out. Had they been truly suspicious of him right at the border, it's unlikely they would have gone on their way without much further questioning.

However, I do agree this whole situation is beyond shady. The man has been lying about his identity, and lying about his martial status. I would also be very worried here, as easy passage into another country doesn't mean he isn't a risk to OP's safety. Let's hope she comes back to update us soon.

Unfortunately this thread has become an episode of "Criminal Minds" for the active imaginations and amusement of some posters. Who are they going to look for, "blondiemwuah"? She is an adult with a valid US passport, phone, internet and friends and family she could contact if she wanted to. She has been dating this guy for a year. If he wanted to "sell her into sex slavery" he could go to LA, NYC, or Kansas City for that matter. They are in Canada, not Istanbul or Bogota or North Korea.

Has someone contacted legal authorities over this thread?

Archived