We break up then make up over & over & over again!

Hornet69

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the problem I'm facing like I tried describing in a previous comment. My logical mind knows it's not healthy and I need to get out but then there's a part of me that believes it may be me who's the bad one or the one who's been uncooperative. The last 2 comments before yours questioning me and especially the person who said I was playing the victim was all it took for that other part of me to question my self again.

And why is that? You don't know anyone here. But you have a weak sense of self, and are so enmeshed with this toxic cycle that you don't know how to stand by your own feelings anymore. For what it's worth, having been where you are, I do not agree whatsoever that you are playing the victim.

You are not happy. She is not happy. Your son is going to learn a lot of negative lessons from this dysfunction. At this point is doesn't even matter who is right or wrong. The point is that you two do not work as a couple and this is no way to live.

And why is that? You don't know anyone here. But you have a weak sense of self, and are so enmeshed with this toxic cycle that you don't know how to stand by your own feelings anymore. For what it's worth, having been where you are, I do not agree whatsoever that you are playing the victim.

You are not happy. She is not happy. Your son is going to learn a lot of negative lessons from this dysfunction. At this point is doesn't even matter who is right or wrong. The point is that you two do not work as a couple and this is no way to live.

MissCanuck is 100% correct! Where is your self respect? You cannot be so blinded with this warped relationship that you are willing to put up with it. Really? Please, do your son and yourself a favour and get out now before you both wind up in a severely depressed state. Don't do that to your son or yourself; you both deserve better. Leave her. I know you must know deep within your heart that this is not a good way to live. Be strong and take that step to leave. It'll be hard at first but, in the end, you will be better off. Good luck!

Are you going to wait till break up #132, before you finally leave?

This situation makes zero sense, other than you attraction to chaos, abuse and drama.

Time to think of your kid, not yourself. This is a form of abuse for him. You laying out the dysfunction for his life.

You blame yourself, as it is an excuse to stay. That's it.

This just shows how unhealthy your mindset is.

79 posts, ONE of them says it's your fault, the other 78 (minus your responses) tell you she is the issue, and you choose to believe the ONE post that says it's your fault???

Seems like you WANT to be the one at fault so you can continue to stay in this awful relationship.

I wonder if it will finally hit you how bad this is when your son comes to you all upset over his girlfriend who keeps threatening him, calling him awful names and repeatedly breaking up to punish him. And you'll know how much this relationship you insist on staying in has damaged him. Do you want that?

Archived