Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

It's About The Journey...

notalady

J told me he had a dream about me sitting on him and pouring a jar of spiders in his mouth, he literally jumped up in real life and ran to the bathroom, and of course then realised it was a dream. I googled and it seems that spider dreams generally represent a feminine force in your life (I'm assuming in this case it's me lol), didn't seem positive for the most part! Sounds silly but what does it mean?! Does he think I'm controlling or scary?! lol

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
J told me he had a dream about me sitting on him and pouring a jar of spiders in his mouth, he literally jumped up in real life and ran to the bathroom, and of course then realised it was a dream. I googled and it seems that spider dreams generally represent a feminine force in your life (I'm assuming in this case it's me lol), didn't seem positive for the most part! Sounds silly but what does it mean?! Does he think I'm controlling or scary?! lol

Hmmm. . . .It kinda made me laugh. I wouldn't worry about it. Bizarre for sure.

If the dreams continue, then . .

Hmmm. . . .It kinda made me laugh. I wouldn't worry about it. Bizarre for sure.

If the dreams continue, then . .

Haha, he often has dreams about me it seems, sometimes bizarre but nothing bad (like we're running away from zombies together or something lol)..

Haha, he often has dreams about me it seems, sometimes bizarre but nothing bad (like we're running away from zombies together or something lol)..

He's `colorful'

S woke up the other morning, troubled by a bad dream he had about me. He wouldn't share what it was . . I didn't press any further.

I am thinking it wasn't about zombies either.

He's `colorful'

S woke up the other morning, troubled by a bad dream he had about me. He wouldn't share what it was . . I didn't press any further.

I am thinking it wasn't about zombies either.

Haha, maybe you poured spiders down his throat too

Nearly 10 months in, J still amazes me with the littlest, most natural things he says and does.

We were playing a game of "draw something" on the phone, where one person draw something and the other guesses the word. You can watch the playback of the other person guessing your drawing. There was one of his drawing that I just couldn't for the life of me figure out. I asked him for hints and he said that would be cheating. I was feeling a bit frustrated at this point. I ended up using allowed "cheats" within the game to guess the word, and I said that was the worst drawing ever! He made a joke then said in text "lol it took ages to watch your guesses I could sense the frustration [hug emoji]" and just like that, the frustration was gone and I was smiling. I was amazed by how empathetic he is even at the smallest things and thought, how does he just know what to say?!

Nearly 10 months in, J still amazes me with the littlest, most natural things he says and does.

We were playing a game of "draw something" on the phone, where one person draw something and the other guesses the word. You can watch the playback of the other person guessing your drawing. There was one of his drawing that I just couldn't for the life of me figure out. I asked him for hints and he said that would be cheating. I was feeling a bit frustrated at this point. I ended up using allowed "cheats" within the game to guess the word, and I said that was the worst drawing ever! He made a joke then said in text "lol it took ages to watch your guesses I could sense the frustration [hug emoji]" and just like that, the frustration was gone and I was smiling. I was amazed by how empathetic he is even at the smallest things and thought, how does he just know what to say?!

10 months and it just keeps getting better.

Happy for you NL!

Hey WL yes we've celebrated 3 and 6 months, both unplanned actually. I just got him a little something both times as a surprise and he did the same, I didn't expect any celebration or gift because I didn't see them as "major" milestones like anniversary, so it was awesome that he did the same, and we went out to a nice dinner. We'll celebrate 1 year properly, already booked a holiday away for it

We've met each other's families. My parents liked him and his parents liked me too. I also spent a week with his family over Christmas, which was lovely, they're all very nice.

We've done most things I'd like to do with a SO, I think something I'd like to do is stay over for a longer period of time, maybe say a week. At the moment I've only stayed over for 4 days in a row, my choice of course. I know he's happy for me to stay over for as long as I want. I'd like him to visit Singapore with me, because some of my really close friends and my cousin whom I'm very close to live there, it'd be nice for them to meet him and it'd be a good holiday too. I suppose the other thing I'd like to do in the next year or so is to be engaged

• 1 month later...

Next Friday is our first anniversary, we're going to dinner at a very nice restaurant. I got J a few gifts, including a stainless steel Id bracelet with leather band, which I engraved with our initials and the date, it looks really nice, I'm happy with how it turned out Then in 2 weeks time, we're going for a week long holiday to a nice tropical city, we did the final planning last weekend and super excited to go explore!

J is looking to buy a place and found one he's very interested in, so I went to the mortgage broker with him yesterday (for moral support). Some of the things discussed there made me think he's not thinking about a future with me, which led to a conversation about future plans over dinner.

I ask what does he think about us, he said he thinks things are going really well, and I asked what does he think about the future. He said he sees a future with me. He explained that he wasn't really thinking about that at the mortgage broker's, he was purely thinking that he wouldn't move to another state or country so what the broker was talking about could be considered.

We talked more about future plans, in essence, I just wanted to find out whether his thoughts on marriage is on the same page as me. He said he does think about it, but doesn't want to put a timeline or date on it. And said unfortunately this is the one thing I can't plan, because that's what's magical about it (referring to my love of planning and the surprise element of a proposal I assume). I reiterated that I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. He said he knows. It was a bit awkward, I think he feels like being put on the spot.

When he drove me to my station to go home, I said I feel bad about putting him on the spot and he said don't feel bad, hugged me and said I love you. He said he just doesn't want to give a date, and that this is one thing he doesn't want to rush into, I said I don't want him to rush or give a date, and that I don't want to rush either, I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page. And that I'm just worried because I don't want to wait for years and years. He immediately said it wouldn't be years and years, then held my face and stared into my eyes and said I don't want to lose you. I said I don't want to lose you either and we hugged.

I feel like maybe I pushed too far, but I guess I had hoped for a more concrete (less vague) discussion about expectations (eg I'm thinking about marriage in the next few years or something), I get the feeling that a) he doesn't want to give away anything specific that he's thinking because then it feels like he's committed before actually deciding on it, and b) it seems like he really values the surprise element of a proposal.

I've read various articles that suggest that anecdotally men (at least a good amount of them) get married not because they just really want to get married or that it's a goal, but because they like the woman (who wants marriage) they are with and don't want to lose them. So it kinda clicked when he said he doesn't want to lose me. Even though I didn't get the concrete discussion that I had hoped for, I'm pretty happy and comfortable with what was discussed.

Tomorrow we're going to see the property he's interested in again, if he still likes it, he might make an offer! Exciting time!

Archived