Would you date yourself?

MadxMythMadame

I was at work today and the question just came up: would you date yourself?

I think this question is pretty interesting and can say a lot about what you think of yourself and what you think the person dating you thinks. It kind of puts a few things perspective and lets you assess yourself and how you treat others. In that way, I think it makes you a better person all around

My answer: Hell. No. I'm sensitive and can't really handle it when other people are in a moment. In fact, I'm very awkward when someone is pouring their guts to me -- like a deer in headlights. I'm stubborn and would argue all the time. You're guilty until proven innocence in my book. I would be thoughtful, doing little things here and there. I really like doing things for my boyfriend as much as he does little things for me I would give pretty good back rubs and foot massages I like hearing other people's perspective. I'm not nearly creative enough, or have great critical thinking skills, so the other person that's not like me will offer another concept or suggestion. That's something that is very important to me because I can easily get caught in my own mind.

Now, I don't hate myself -- just wouldn't date myself.

When it was posed to my co-workers, a lot of them laughed and said, "I would totally date myself. I'm awesome!" I have very animated co-workers and love them to death and don't think they're narcissistic or anything like that. I feel like people who would date themselves know what they want. They seem like the type of people that reflect what they want out of relationship and hopefully someone else who is similar is attracted to that reflection. I think they might make quick judgments, which is quite handy. I, on the other hand, have had issues with figuring it out and just happened to be lucky when it came to finding my awesome boyfriend. At the same time, it might be harder to find the "perfect" counterpart because you might seem "too unique"? I don't know.

Just food for thought -- I would love to know what you guys think about this and let me know if you would date yourself

Not at the moment. Maybe next week

I think I would date myself. I truly like who've become. But a few years ago I wouldn't have dated myself for a million bucks. I was a horrible person to date. At least according to my ex. And I believed him. Until I didn't and then I broke up with him. Was he right? Yes, I think he was right. I was kinda horrible. I was a broken person, throwing tantrums, couldn't cope with any stress and was crying a lot.

Looking back I think I was really depressed. My ex, who has a medical degree, thought I had borderline. Maybe I have. But being so self-destructive wasn't of course how I wanted to be. So I changed. I really turned myself around. I went running by myself, i did yoga and i read a lot of books. About brains and behavior. 'The How Of Happiness' and 'You're Your Brain’ by a dutch author. I learned how to change my brain, my thinking, my depression, how to become more sane.

I think in the end that I learned myself to be more mindful. I never read a mindfulness book but I come accross a lot of articles now and every time I read them I think; I am already doing that.

I would date myself now that I'm who I'm now. I think I'm fun. I would date myself because I can see my boyfriend has lots of fun with me and if I look into his eyes I can see how much he loves me and if he can love me I can love me.

(Although I think it's more the other way around: because I love myself he can love me and I love him because he loves himself too).

I would date me. In fact, after years of dating mean women, I've finally realised my mistake is not looking for someone who's generous, sensitive, affectionate and loyal - so now that's what I'm looking for.

The only thing is I'm not my type - so in that sense, I probably wouldn't date a woman who looked like me.

Freaking right I'd date myself. We'd be like the gold standard of awesome together. All other couples would pale in comparison. We'd be on all the talk shows and mere humans would bow down before out perfect union.

I just dont think the world's ready for that level of incredible awesomeness.

In the words of fat bastard, of course I would, look at me I'm dead sexy...

In all seriousness I like spontaneity and if I could get around the fact that itd be hard to surprise myself then maybe, but otherwise no. I enjoy the physical aspect of relationships as much as any other part, and enjoying yourself gets repetitive

Archived