Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Fat girl.

hers

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hers- You’re doing awesome. I hate tracking but sometimes it really does work!

Last night I wanted popcorn so bad, but I’ve been having too much popcorn and chips, so I had some snap peas and watermelon instead. Then I went to bed, knowing that if I didn’t, I’d be midnight snacking.

faraday-- changing my diet screwed up my drinking metabolism. Two glasses of wine and I’m pretty much good for the night! Sucks, but is a good thing in the long run. Maybe it’s the same for you?

I'm normally a cheap drunk...like 3 glasses and I'm singing, 5 and I'm on the floor....but last night...2 1/2 and I was on the floor (over 5 hours). This is the first hang over I've had in...10 years. Now I'm really going to get teased when I go out with the girls...I'm already considered a lightweight...now...I'm like...pathetic lol.

Lightweight is the best way to be, IMO. It's way cheaper and lightweights tend to get less "out of control" compared to others who can drink a lot more. I was a lightweight before my weight loss surgery, maybe 2 drinks at dinner, or I could do a LOT more if spread over several hours.

Now I drink 1 drink or HALF of one and I'm done.

My friends don't really make fun of me but I'm looked at with some pity. "Oh you can't drink much anymore, do you miss drinking, do you miss how it used to be?" Not really. Saving $$$ is the best.

They just tease me in good fun. I think it's more disbelief...it's rare that I can be the DD, so I think they're jealous lol. And yeah, I've always joked that I'm a "cheap date"...well...this combined with eating less makes me super cheap. My bf will be thrilled

Eating out when you're eating way less still kind of sucks with friends, at least my friends. They are eating lots (which doesn't really bother me, nor do I say anything) but they see me eat maybe 1/5 of a "healthy" portion, and then spend the rest of the time picking at my food and waiting for them to be done so I can box up the rest and go home. sometimes, I notice that they eat way less simply because I'm eating less, which is silly in my mind. I feel like people don't really know how to react when they see someone eating dramatically less. I do think my eating habits, because they are very visiblely different, make some of my friends uncomfortable but I can't really help it.

Sort of sucks. I've noticed that I eat out a lot less than I used to. Partly because it's healthier/cheaper to eat at home, and partly because I don't like being uncomfortable. But I miss being able to go to certain sit-down restaurants.

People who restrict their calories, I know, they have the same experience that I have. Mine may be for life but it's still the same thing. People just don't know how to react.

Wow I actually demonstrated will and self control with dinner. I saw how many calories crescent rolls had and elected to have just one instead of 2. And I actually measured most of the food I ate.

Dang. I don't even know myself.

I'm like 120 calories over for the day though. No more whataburger.

Good job tracking It's hard measuring everything. Sometimes I want to throw things. Honestly, I think it's the reason I ended up giving up....I just get fed up. But I've stopped measuring lettuce and low cal veggies and just use it more for the calorie dense things to keep me on track. I'm also trying to never finish my plate. Like...leaving 1/5 of it. That way if I screw up in my measuring and underestimate calories, I still am going to be in deficit.

After dinner I still had 550 calories left and I really wanted ice cream...but I really needed protein today (my version of vegetarian doesn't give me much protein) so I make a shake. Omfg. I measured everything. Ice cream, cherry jam, protein powder, dark chocolate coco powder and milk. I've never made anything like that before...holy frack. I don't know how worth it is though, I drank it in under 10 minutes, it was 350 calories and now I want more...and it's not a hunger thing lol....so....

I really like this thread, btw. It's nice to have people to share with....because...I really don't want to text my bf updates on what I ate. I think that he'll think it's endearing at first, and then he'll want to kill me.

Yea my husband doesn't want to hear it at all haha

I still have 300 calories left. What the crap is that about? I had eggs in a hole for dinner and a banana and apple juice, and I'm making a s'mores cake for a coworker and even ate some raw batter (yea I know but don't judge) and a few small marshmallows and still have 300 left. And I'm about to go to the gym.

Yet any other day I sneeze and have to subtract 200 calories. Jesucristo this crap is annoying.

Nice job I like spooning Nutella. It's my happy place.

I weighed myself today and I'm up a pound. I've been under by 300-500 calories a day...

I had this one time on weight watchers and I got mad and at everything and dropped pounds on my next weigh in....it was like my body thought I was trying to starve it or something and the binge made it forget. Maybe I won't track for date night. Idk...so frustrating.

I had a really high protein day (worked at getting a lot) and I feel aahhh-mazing. Half of a hamburger patty (just the patty - leftovers from my own cooking) for breakfast, part of a peach later, a few unsalted saltines smeared with a little PB, some beans later, dinner was plain roasted chicken "strips" (skinless, boneless, breadless). I went out to meet a friend at a restaurant and that was the appetizer and it was SO good. I ate just under 900 calories, ~60g of protein. (note: this is doctor approved, just for me, works for me. don't attempt lol)

I have been considering switching to MFP (I use a different app). Does it count your exercise towards your calorie count?

I don't put in my exercise into my counting app. I swam for about an hour and then walked with my friend for an hour today but haven't logged it.

I made a s'mores devil's food cake fr a coworker's bday today and I entered everything into my fitness pal app already for my slice so I could plan accordingly. It shot up calories, obviously, so I planned my lunch to be an apple, grapes, and some edemame. I had a banana smoothie for breakfast. I have just 450 calories left for dinner. Gotta make it all count.

My scale is inconsistent so I'm buying a new one this weekend. But I believe I'm down 3 ish lbs since starting tracking 4 weeks ago tomorrow. Not much but something. I'm still learning.

Yes fudgie the app counts your exercise too. It has set amounts in for certain exercises but it lets you adjust your calories if you know them (I pull mine off the treadmill or whatever cardio machine I do). It's all approximate of course but it helps me.

Out to lunch instead. So mich for having a healthier lunch with my cake. At a pizza place now. Allowing myself only one slice of pizza.

This is depressing me. I really feel like I could cry. I hate my emotional attachment to food.

Do you feel upset because you`re hungry and want to eat more or because you feel cheated by only eating one piece?

I ended up getting mad last night at gaining a pound and eating cheese and crackers and a piece of pizza. I probably put myself over by 300...and today I weighed myself and I was down a pound (so down 2 in a night after eating cheese). I don't understand why my body is so weird I'll guess I'll glutton on my next weight gain too

Do you think maybe the stuff in your new diet just isn't that tasty or exciting?

I have an emotional attachment to food - I don't think it's unhealthy, but I just love good food and a good meal with good company. If I'm eating mediocre food, I do feel down. Now, I'm at a healthy weight, though I have lost 30 pounds in the last 15 months or so. The first 20 I did restrict my calories a lot. But I lost the last ten just being a bit careful, and am maintaining while just eating reasonably. My strategy is to just make my food delicious, that way I don't feel deprived. I made a very healthy chard, tomato, quinoa and chicken salad the other day, but I swear it was amazing, not just good for something healthy but straight up good. I make basically everything from scratch (not bread or pasta, too difficult here) and just try to make lots of different and flavorful things. Because, I'd be depressed having grapes and edamame for lunch. To me, that's a snack, not lunch. Of course you're going to have to give up something to lose weight, but I think if you're just eating "diet food" it gets sad really fast.

For example, I just had chicken noodle soup for lunch,probably will finish off with some strawberries now. It's not the lowest cal thing, but I made it myself and I know it's in no way fatty, and it has protein, carbs and quite a few veggies. Ok, so it's not super exciting, but honestly had a lot of flavor and was filling and had that salt kick that is what makes so much junk food (including pizza) feel good.

Oh, when I lost those first 20 pounds, in less than two months, I did not have any dessert or alcohol (you're already there!). Yeah, it did kind of suck to see my fam chowing down on a ten layer caramel cake, but it was easier to not have any than to have a few bites, and once the weight started melting off I was motivated to keep going. Now that I'm more maintaining I totally eat dessert.

I just want to stuff myself every time. I love breads. There are garlic knots on the table in this wonderful butter sauce and I want to cry at allowing myself only one.

I'm trying to be healthy and lose weight but still eat what i want to eat. This isn't fun.

Jared says every meal for me is an event. It's very true. I can't just have a nice meal. It has to be the best meal.

I think sophie's post is great. I'm not watching my weight or anything right now, but good food makes a big difference, and making things from scratch really helps with that. It's tasty AND you know exactly what is in it. Like, I make a great minestrone soup (and you could easily cut out the pasta for a veggie soup that would be just as good). It's just beans, broth, and vegetables, basically. But it tastes GREAT, and I know it's low calorie because I know what's in it. I imagine that a cup or bowl of that would be about the same calorie-wise as grapes and edamame, but it still meets that "good food" need.

Honestly, I really can't eat what I love to eat when I am dieting. I can't stop at one, or a few bites. I feel all ripped off and depressed. So I change my meals around completely, and keep like ONE signature thing I like. For me that is regular creamer. I love skim milk alone but I refuse to put some nasty water in my coffee. I don't like the powdered kind, I don't like soy, almond or coconut in there, I want some fattening, rich ass creamer so I do have that.

I bought gelato a few weeks ago and I wound up eating the whole thing in 2 days. I realized that I just can't have that stuff in the house for the time being. It's much easier when it isn't there.

Archived