Journals

Fat girl.

hers

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made this recipe last night:

link removed

OMG dough. It was goooood. It's been a while since id eaten that much bread though for dinner so I was bloated and just blah. Still went to the gym and made sure to burn off 500 calories and then didn't have a snack last night.

Brought only applesauce, grapes, almonds, and pineapple for lunch today. Gonna flush out some of that dough.

So...my rotary scale says 146 lbs, but my digital scale says 152.0. I started at 160 consistently on my rotary scale but a few weeks after I started all this, I bought my digital scale and it was a few lbs off. But not 6 lbs off. I don't think I have lost 14 lbs...maybe just a good morning? I've also taken to weighing myself in the morning instead of at night on my digital scale and I'm holding steady at 152 and some change each morning for the past few mornings. But when I started on my rotary scale at 160, I was weighing myself only at night.

So I have no idea how much I've lost so I'm gonna call it 10lbs since it seems the most logical (and I'm set up to lose a lb a week on MFP and it's been about 10 weeks).

I have 10 more lbs to lose by our Christmas cruise, so 12 weeks? I think I can swing it. But it's nice to be in anoter part of the rotary scale. That was cool to see.

Also, it's cold out so I put on some jeans this morning. They fell off. Put on another pair...same thing. Put on 2 more pairs and same thing. Finally put on my "tight" pair from last year that I was never able to wear...and they're loose.

Time to shop.

>>Had a staff meeting today and I ate my weight in fried dough with sugar (hol.ee.crap).

LOL.. this reminded me of something... I had a staff meeting and decided I was going to start bringing some kind of treat every week... donuts or cookies or brownies or something. But i have one woman on staff who has health issues and type II diabetes. I tried it 3 meetings in a row, but she would just leap on the treats and eat 4-5 donuts or brownies or whatever, just empty the box. And she was so focused on wedging down the treats that she wasn't listening to what we were discussing during the memeting. I decided it was not a good idea because I didn't want to contribute to her health issues so I killed the treat idea.

I think we all have our weaknesses. You mentioned bread... i discovered if i wanted to diet, i did indeed have to give up my weaknesses because it just made me crave them more. I made a pact to myself too that i would put nothing but healthy food in my mouth, no junk food at all except as a very rare treat when i was dieting, and that really helped keep my mind in the game and eliminate those binging attacks. If i didn't start on the foods i had weaknesses for i was fine and could resist, but once i started, it was such a struggle. So i decided to stop eating those trigger foods (and they are emotional triggers) when dieting to keep me on track.

btw, you're doing great! Isn't it wonderful when those clothes start to fall off? I think the rule of thumb is that you go down about one size for every 10-15 or so pounds depending on how tight the garment is. So if your pants are falling off, that's at least 15 pounds, maybe more! Pants get loose when you go down one size, but they start to fall off when you go 2 sizes or more.

btw, those rotary scales tend to be less variable. A digital scale can vary a lot... even moving it over on the floor can change the reading, or how your weight is distributed (which way you're leaning) can make it jump up or down. So i'd take the reading on the rotary to be the better 'absolute' weight loss, i.e., it would mean you've lost at least 14 pounds which is fabulous!

Those fried dough things were a dessert from this Mexicana place. They were called churros I think? Doesn't matter--I want tem in my belly. And as I type this at a red light, I'm facing the restaurant they came from. Not good!

My pants size varies between 12 and 14 but now I'm between 10 and 12. I bought some size 10 shorts recentt and they fit nicely. Not too loose or tight. But I know it has a lot to do with make and material and such.

I've been volunteering so much with the dogs and run them when I can. So hats helpin on days I don't make it to the gym.

I can't wait to get my fit bit!

Yes, churros are basically mexican food donuts. they are good... BUT they are definitely junk food and can trigger a binging attack. I try to stay away from donuts because they are the troika of high calorie/high fat/high sugar that is also low nutrition. So empty calories.

I learned a long time ago that people with weight issues can approach food the way a drug addict does drugs. You're seeking your drug of choice when you're going after things like donuts/churros... you get high just thinking about them! Food doesn't become about nutrition, it becomes about the 'high' of chasing sugar/fat/taste/texture like an addict. It helped me gain control of some of my worst habits realizing i was pursuing food like a drug, not like nutrition. A binge on carbs is no different than a binge on booze or drugs, and trigger foods can have the same addictive effect on a person!

Churros dipped in dark chili chocolate are a weakness for sure.. yummmm.

To avoid the trigger foods, I’ve been cooking everything I eat, rather than buying ready-made. Saves money and its much more satisfying to cook enough food for the week and know what’s gone into it. I’ve got pea soup, beef stew and chicken casserole in the fridge right now. No need to order a pizza or go out for sushi. Craving Mexican though, maybe due to the mention of churros

• 2 weeks later...

Had a 6" ham sub from subway today for the first time in probably 5 years. I always get a footlong and can eat the whole thing. But I had just the 6" and nothing else and it kept me full till I got out of work. That never happens. Yay.

Lol it's funny how that works You're doing good, girl.

I lost 8 pounds and plateaued. Mind you, I haven't been working out or tracking...I really need to start that back up again You're kind of motivating me to get off my butt...but...I'm lazy.

On a side note, I got a fitbit...and sex doesn't count!?!? I had 4 hours of sex today, and it barely counted anything. And no, I wasn't just laying there, I was on top Wth??? That was a lot of work. I had cake after. I don't care what the fit bit says.

Archived