Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

New guy.

Mickey is 45, a civil engineer, divorced with a 10yo daughter, 6 ft tall, brown hair and eyes. In his pics he looked very much like (a much younger) Mickey Rourke...that's why I chose this name for him Being a huge fan of Mickey, I really like this guy's pics. We talked for about an hour, I found out that he comes from my mum's hometown (where I have a house) and he goes there every summer. He's been divorced for 5 years, he likes the countryside and quite places with soft music and he asked me more questions than guys usually do...when he told me he's a Scorpio, it made sense...they are very curious (among other things that make them very incompatible to me...my ex husband was a Scorpio..but anyway!).

The problem is he lives about an hour away, so, I told him from the beginning that I don't drive and that, if something happens between us, he'll either have to come over here or we'll be meeting halfway. He seemed to be ok with it.

After about an hour I knew that I wanted to meet him, so, I asked him if he wants to meet. He said he does and we made a date for tomorrow evening. We also exchanged telephone numbers and he's going to call me tomorrow afternoon to confirm.

I'm looking forward to this meeting...apart from the fact he looks like Mickey, our chat was very interesting. Keep your fngers crossed for me, please

PS He told me I look like Demi Moore, so, our chat had a certain Hollywood flavour

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, someone has cursed me...probably one of my exes!

I was just on Skype and, I don't know why, I thought I'd take a look at Mickey's profile. It turns out that he has put a different date of birth than on the site..month, day, year, close but different...at least the star sign is the same. Also, he doesn't have a pic on the site, he showed me his pics on Skype. Naturally, now I wonder if he's married or something. Why else would someone put a different date of birth on a dating site?

Well, I just had a long phone chat with Mickey. On his home number. He's not married, after all

He lives with his mum and the reason he had a different date on his profile is that some woman on the site had been after him..long story but they had gone out a couple times, he wasn't interested, she made fake profiles and tried to talk to him again etc etc.

On the phone he has a very soft, sexy voice and he's rather on the serious side (definitely laughs much less than me) but easy to talk to..an hour went by very fast. We reconfirmed our plans for tomorrow, and, yeah, I can't wait to meet him

I just logged on the site to find his profile gone At first I thought he deleted me from his list but no, the profile is gone. I still have him on Skype (and his telephone numbers, of course) so, it's not like he disappeared but, still....that makes me feel uncomfortable. I can't figure this guy out.

And he just sent me a text message (didn't call) saying:

unfortunately, i have something to do at 8pm tonight so i won't be able to make it...we'll talk later

Considering he also deleted his profile, I don't know what to think. Anyway, I replied that that's fine but why did he delete his profile. He hasn't replied yet.

You're probably both right. I didn't like the different dob from the beginning but I had thought he was married and when he gave me his home number, I was relieved that he wasn't. I forgot that there are also gf's in the world :suspicion:

Anyway, I don't feel comfortable enough to meet him any more...too many issues for a guy I first talked to yesterday. I took him off my Skype and I won't reply to any future text messages..if he sends any.

I just had an interesting conversation with a new guy. Things are a bit complicated with him though. I'll explain.

Troy is 48, has a shipping company, divorced for 12 years, with 2 kids (boy-22, girl-21). I haven't seen a pic of him yet (he wanted to send me some but I told him I'd rather talk for a while first to see if we have anything in common) but, according to his profile, he's 6'2, with short grey hair and green eyes.

He's lived abroad for a long time....he had gone to the UK to study and lived and worked there for 25 years and he's been back for 5-6 years. He loves animals and he has a dog that he got from an animal shelter.

Our conversation was easy and interesting, he sounds very intelligent and open-minded. I asked him what he's looking for, he said a serious relationship with a woman who can live with his long hours at work and his trips.

Apparently, he travels for 10 days every month for work, always abroad and goes as far as China...he's actually flying to the Middle East tomorrow.

I asked him how often he can go out when he IS at home, he said he can go out every day after work but it would have to be after 7pm (which is fine by me).

At that point he had to leave but he gave me his email to stay in touch during his trip. I responded with my own email and asked him for those pics...so, now, I'll be waiting to see what he looks like and I'll take it from there.

If things are as he said, I don't mind the trips...but I'll think more about that after I get the pics.

I probably have a date tonight. I met this guy on the site last night. Parry, 46, a financial advisor, divorced, with a 10yo girl. He's 5'8, brown hair, green eyes, with a sweet face. We quickly took it to phone and he sounds very clever, very lively and with a strong personality. We both agreed we want to meet but he wasn't sure he could make it tonight (he may have a date with a client) so, I'll call him early in the afternoon. He gave me his home number straight away.

I was wrong about Parry. He just called me, apparently he found my number in his phone. He was very apologetic that he wasn't home earlier, he told me he's got a new client (he's a freelancer), asked me to meet tomorrow but I have plans so we finally agreed he'll call me on Wednesday. This was a pleasant surprise, finally someone who doesn't just disappear!

Well, Parry was supposed to call today and he didn't. I don't know what's up with him...he's probably way too busy. If we can't even talk to arrange a first meeting, I don't know how we could ever date.

Who cares why. I would be done with him if this is a first impression. His behavior likely will only get worse not better.

New guy.

Dennis is 48, 6'2, grey hair, brown eyes, a computer programmer, divorced with 2 kids (boy 19, girl 17, both living and studying away from home). He loves travelling, he just came back from Venice and he has a bunch of pics on facebook. He told me he's been on the site for a month, he's been out on 2 dates and was disappointed with both...one of the women had said she was 45 and was more like 55 and the other one had said she weighed 160 and she was more like 200. He said that in both cases he just said goodbye and left..which I found a bit drastic and we talked about it. I told him I've met people who lied but, out of politeness, I stayed for a cup of coffee. He said that, in his opinion, when someone has lied to you, they don't deserve politeness...I sure am glad that my profile is totally honest...LOL!

Anyway, then I had to go, so, I said we can talk on facebook later and we made a date. So, more details to come later.

Archived