Double dating on a 3rd date?

doverf5ve

Actually, I think it would be more fun when one couple is not an established couple.

Established couples can sometimes forget what it's like when you are first dating (through no fault of their own - they are in a 'comfortable' stage). That can add pressure to the 'new' couple to be more couple-y. If you are both in your earlier stages, there is less pressure. It's more about fun and hanging out with new people.

I wouldn't read too much into it. I think it sounds fun.

you seem so suspicious of this guy, overall, Paranu. Is it this particular guy or are you prone to looking for 'wrong' in the guys you meet?

This is totally normal. And it gives you both a chance to see each other around other people. Plus, it could just be fun. It's dating.

Well I was thinking that if he likes me, surely he wants to spend more time alone with me? I suppose he likes to mix it up as he mentioned it could be fun several times. The hard part is finding a friend who wouldn't fancy him and be interested in his mate instead

Well I was thinking that if he likes me, surely he wants to spend more time alone with me? I suppose he likes to mix it up as he mentioned it could be fun several times. The hard part is finding a friend who wouldn't fancy him and be interested in his mate instead

If someone likes you, they want to introduce you to their friends. If you're with a guy who doesn't, this can be a red flag. I'm not sure what you mean by 'the hard part is finding a friend who wouldn't fancy him and be interested in his mate instead'.

If someone likes you, they want to introduce you to their friends. If you're with a guy who doesn't, this can be a red flag. I'm not sure what you mean by 'the hard part is finding a friend who wouldn't fancy him and be interested in his mate instead'.
well it's a double date, he's bringing his guy friend and I have to bring a lady friend
well it's a double date, he's bringing his guy friend and I have to bring a lady friend

Does your friend HAVE to be interested in his mate, or just someone who can be good company for the evening? And are your friends so untrustworthy that you don't want to have them around your fella?

By the way, years ago one of my friends had a boyfriend who was jaw-droppingly good looking, and a nice guy with it. All her friends secretly fancied him. Not one of us would either have shown it or done anything about it. A true friend wouldn't.

I didn't know she was expected to bring her own friend along when you first posted. I thought maybe he just had a fun couple as friends who he thought you'd get along with. I actually take back my previous post. I think it's awkward to expect someone you've only dated twice before to meet your total stranger of a friend for a double date. I think it'd be one thing if you'd met the guy's friend and thought he'd be a good match for yours (on any level), but this is something else. I can think of 1,000 better things to do for a third date.

I'd tell the guy that you like the idea, but that you'd rather get to know him a little more and maybe meet his friend as well before inviting one of yours to sit accross from him.

There's a chance they couldn't get along. And if anything's more awkward than one third wheel, it's two.... third wheels... a fourth wheel... something like that...

I agree that he likes you and wants you to meet his friends. A double date is less intimidating then him taking you to meet a friend and say "here she is". So.....you think that the date of his friend is going to fall for your guy and want to be with him instead? is that what?

It is not usual to go on a double date on the third date, but if the activity you are doing was planned before he met you (like a concert with a set date) or his friend suggested the double date - don't overanalyze it. The third date is still getting to know eachother with no pressure. If you only go out with his friends from here on out, that's another matter

Oh so he wants to set up his guy friend so you can all go out. I think this would be more usual once you got to know his friend. But who knows, might be fun. Maybe it will be a fun way for you two to get to know eachother by meeting eachother's friends. Instead of being suspicious, maybe ask him about it. Maybe tell him that not a lot of your friends are single and you don't know what the male friend is like - or tell him you would rather just spend time with him alone. Or what about he introduce you to the friend and then go off on your own. Then you can think of who you'd set him up with another time??

I agree that this might be fun, but its too early in the game. and if it goes badly, you will be talking more to your friend

I agree that he likes you and wants you to meet his friends. A double date is less intimidating then him taking you to meet a friend and say "here she is". So.....you think that the date of his friend is going to fall for your guy and want to be with him instead? is that what?

It is not usual to go on a double date on the third date, but if the activity you are doing was planned before he met you (like a concert with a set date) or his friend suggested the double date - don't overanalyze it. The third date is still getting to know each other with no pressure. If you only go out with his friends from here on out, that's another matter

So i turn up with my friend explaining that its a double date and that she should be my wing women on this mission. Turns out his guy friend couldn't make it this really was his idea all along so it was awkward for my friend on the day. Anyway, she did her thing and tried to suss him out. She basically told me that from his body language he sees me as a friend and seems to be secretive when it comes to opening up about himself. She had some time alone and asked what he thought about me? He told her that he thought i was a funny, friendly and genuine girl. Nothing more....

He wants to go on another date, i am not sure what i should do, he hasn't made any moves.....

Uh..... That was weird.

i agree, this whole double date thing should only happen when your established already and can set your friend up, ive asked my girl friends and they think that hes one of those who want to intercept your single gf network by using the dd as a suggestion....not cool

Archived