Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Well he called me today. His dad was mad because he thought they were going to have a party there. But my son swears that he intended to stay at his friend's, but his friend was assuming they were going to stay at my place, not knowing I was out of town. It could be the truth because my son's dad and my son never confirmed permission from the friend's mom, and the friend did not confirm plans with my son or me (which is typical).

Who knows if that is the truth- or not. All I know is that now both boys have learned that their parents do not want them staying somewhere unsupervised. I am not sure I will ever know the truth on this, although I am going to talk about it with the other mom go see what she thinks.

But yes- it is typical teenage behavior. I did ask my son what the take away is from this experience - and he said that he and his friend need to communicate with each other more and with their parents. And, I think my son's dad has learned to ask more questions, rather than just letting go him run loose.

On a good note, my son got all A's on his report card. He had told me there would be some Bs, but I guess he pulled it together. He is taking pre- Calculus and Chemistry, too. His 2 favorite classes.

Today I did my parents' laundry. My mom's clothes are stuffed on odd places around the house. I found some of her underwear on hangers in my dad'said closet, along with several of her shirts. I am finding her clothes and bringing them back to her dresser and closet so she can use them.

She and I made up the bed for my brother, who is here to stay. Then she went to the closet and grabbed another sheet to put on his bed. I think she thought it was a towel, so I quickly grabbed a towel and asked her which color towel she wanted him to have. So she put the sheet back and was happy with the towel for him.

The house thermistat is set at 76 degrees F. I was smarter this time- I brought t-shirts. Even if it is very cold outside, it is stifling hot in the house.

This afternoon I got my mom to polish the silverware. That kept her busy for a few hours and that gave my dad some precious quiet time.

Of course she really didn't polish it, but she went through the motions and when she wasn't looking I did a better job on the spots she missed.

She went to scrub out the silverware drawer containers but got distracted and I didn't realize she had left the faucet on for an hour...

Tomorrow I head out to another city an hour away- to visit my other brother and to scope out apartments for my sister, who is thinking of moving back from out of state.

She will be living closer to my parents and my brother. Well, it is complicated in that she has a boyfriend there. So that is a factor. They've been going out over a year and he has never introduced her to his family or friends. She is thinking of ending the relationship because she thinks he is not taking it seriously.

We found some nice apartments today. She won't be moving until August if she goes through with the move.

I'm only meeting my son's girlfriend tomorrow and they have gone out for over a year and lived together a while. They both live 3 hours away. He did same thing with previous girlfriend who he lived a lot. I wondered if he was embarrassed of me or something. Still, I can understand how she feels and it would need to be something to consider

I got home from Michigan late last night, so I am on a different time zone.

I got up and went to church this morning for the Easter service. It was really nice.

I saw my father in law at church but not my mother in law. Later, my nephew said that they were driving to church but then my MIL felt ill. So my FIL took her to the emergency room and then left her there and came to church. Who does that! Oh yes, my FIL does... and that is why my marriage never survived- my ex learned that type of behavior from his dad.

I still don't know how she is doing. I called my ex, and he didn't know about it. Then I texted my sister in law but she never answered. I think we would have heard if it was something serious.

Had a nice dinner with my sons. Despite being jet lagged, I went to the store and got some groceries for a nice Easter dinner. It was low key but nice. We had roast turkey, roast asparagus with garlic,

And salad. It was great to see my older son and have all 3 of us together.

Oh that is such a weird thing to do. D doesn't go to church, but he would probably do similar. A couple of times he dropped me off at the hospital when I had day surgery, but I don't recall him hanging about.

In fact, I recall at times when they were setting me up at the hospital for surgery and different tests. There would be this largish room, and I remember when I would be sitting there getting the Canula put in my hand. There would always be an older couple, and the husband would be hanging about doing things for the wife or being affectionate. I always thought that was so lively, but certainly not the usual and how blessed they were. If I am ever with a person again, I want it to be with somebody like that.

My older son decided to go traveling to Europe for a few weeks. I guess the plane rates are pretty good right now from the US, aND he has several friends there, studying abroad. He will stay and travel with them.

Classes just started this week, so I'm not sure how that will work out.

It was a gorgeous weekend - lots of sunshine and warm (74 F.). However, the rains started tonight and it is pouring down now.

At least I got my front lawn mowed.

My front lawn is full of dandelions this year - and all of the neighbors' lawns have so many too. I will have to figure out how to get rid of them without using chemicals. I was digging them out this afternoon, but there are just so many that popped up after winter.

Oh, The cap came of fuel tank if my lawn mower a few weeks ago and when I went looking for it, I realised the bits of plastic I found were from the cap - I had run over it. No luck I. Finding a replacement locally so I will have to contact the manufacturer. Luckily the grass is mostly dead ATM. My little black pony likes to eat dandelions!

Today was such a pretty day out and up to 74 F. My son is out of town for a track meet and won't be back until later tonight.

Crazy day at work but productive.

I had to tell my supervisor that I forgot about a very important meeting I was supposed to go to at another school. How embarrassing. She laughed though, and said I don't make mistakes that often and that made me feel a little better.

I did redeem myself as I uncovered a very huge computer error for our school area. Poor computer guy now had a very bad day because of it, but he was very thankful I noticed it before it got any worse.

Gearing up for state testing, which means kids are on computers practicing and figuring out the navigation skills needed to enter in their answers.Out computer lady spent a week setting up the computer testing lab, and I have the rest of it organized.

Today I was teaching some second grade girls about the value of coins. So I bought some very girly coin purses at the dollar store and had them "buy" items from me. They loved the purses and wanted to take them home but I will use them for other groups.

My garage door bit the dust a few weeks ago so I had a new door installed today. That will cost me a big chunk of change.

My money is going out the window these days- insurance is due, I have to pay taxes, and now the garage door.