Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

It was a good week. The students were hyper the first few days but settled in by the end of the week. Most of my students are really happy to be working with me and we have gotten into the rhythm now.

Had a nice long stretch of time with my younger son, and he goes to his dad's tonight for the week. Last weekend the boys and I celebrated Christmas. The boys got me a china bowl to go with my China set that I always use for the holidays!

Went for a walk with my friend C and her dog. My sprained ankle is healing slowly but the walk felt good and it was only slightly sore. Her dog was so happy to see me! C told me that she went for a walk when I was out of town and a car just like mine drove into the parking lot, and her dog wouldn't leave the parking lot because she thought it was me!

Sad news- I just found out my next door neighbor died a few days ago- apparently he went into the hospital when I was out of town. I'm told he had cancer but didn't know about it until a month ago. So shocking! I feel so sorry for his wife.

My son did well on the snow camp. He said they all had fun, except for one boy that acted like a,toddler on the hike out. (I guess he refused to hike further and lay down on the ground- it delayed them getting home for a whole hour!)

My son and a friend dug a snow cave and they actually slept in it! He said he got a little wet but he was not cold. He was well equipped this year.

Oh ugh. The meeting I ran today was a disaster. This was the first time all of us met to get some things done and 2 of the professionals were arguing over whose responsibility certain things are. There wasn't much I could do about it. A supervisor was there too, and she helped smooth things out some.

Hoping it goes way better next time! It took a lot out of me.

Then tonight some scouts and I attended a public board meeting so the boys could fulfill an achievement for a merit badge. I am meetinged out!

Tomorrow I have to go through a 3 hour first aid course after work.

I think I will be happy when the weekend comes.

And Silver, I wish you could have some of this rain. However I guess I shouldn't complain too much because it has deposited snow up in the mountains which will help with the drought situation we had last summer

So glad this week is done.

Today I got a lot done and stayed longer at work than I had intended. A poor coworker shared with me that she caught her husband in bed with another woman. So sad. He had brought someone home from the bar.

I asked her if he had a drinking problem and she hadn't thought so because he never seemed drunk. But he goes to the bar every night after work.

She hasn't kicked him out - she is thinking about what to do. She is nearly retirement age now and he is 72. He has been very contrite and has tried to shower her with affection, as if that erases the betrayal of trust...

They haven't been married that long. I think she got divorced about the time my ex and I split. And a few years later she got married again and this guy seemed great.

You have some walking companions? Sounds good. I was outing my bicycle early this morning before it got too hot and it made me feel so good.

Yes I try to walk with my friend C and her dog on the weekends. For a while I was also walking after work with a coworker, but that was just a walk around a,few blocks. Then my coworker injured her knee and then I sprained my ankle. I think it is time to get back to it.

When the weather gets better then I want to get out on my bike.

Enjoy your bike rides, Silver!

Wow, poor woman!

I know. It is her third marriage. Her last husband was an alcoholic that would dissappear in a drunken stupor for days. This one seemed better until he cheated.

I don't know. I think for now it is just easier for me to be on my own, rather than being in a relationship. I just don't have the strength to go through all of that again - the arguments, the betrayal, etc.

It's so nice riding around here early in the morning Lum. I can go on quiet country roads or through the township and get la few waves from familiar faces. Early morning is my favourite time - and also early evening just before dark which here often doesn't happen until 9pm.

So sorry for your friend. Must be such a disappointment for her. I couldn't marry again because I just couldn't go through that sort of thing. Yes, being on ones own is much easier than being in a relationship. There are so many things I like about living on my own. That would be hard to give up. It's so much better than being in a bad relationship although it takes many of us a long time to realise that.

Today it just poured and poured down rain! Hopefully that means snow up in the mountains so we have water this summer.

Hoping for nicer weather this weekend though.

My neighbor came over yesterday to ask me if he could mow my front lawn. I guess he and his wife have a compost pile that needed some green and brown material. I had some leaves that were off to the side and he got that too.

My yard looks cleaned up and nice! I think I will get them a gift card to the local garden store. They gave me some produce last summer too.

They are! And they have the cutest little kids that play in the front yard and remind me of when my boys,were that young.

When their dad came over the,kids insisted on coming over too. The little boy was all decked out in a Spiderman costume. So cute.

I decided to get the kids some little garden tools as a thank you.

My son is going to go to Alaska with his troop next year. I just looked at the equipment list and my oh my, I think it must be quite the adventure! They recommend things like a zero degree sleeping bag and silk long underwear, a 4 season tent, etc. Some big expenditures... Fortunately he has been participating in fundraisers to save,up.