Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

I think my sister had a good day. Christmas was quiet but sweet- nice to catch up with everyone. No snow here in Michigan and it was in the 50s f. today. So my brother grilled a pork loin and some asparagus and it was delicious. Lol, grilling on Christmas!

My mom is getting more confused each day. She can't categorize things anymore, so she puts sheets in the dining room cupboard and rags in the drawers and pillow cases in odd places in the house. My sisters and I are trying to organize it all for them and I'm interviewing a home help outfit on Monday so they can get help.

My poor dad is so exhausted.

My sister and brother left today. This morning I took my parents to church - I guess they haven't gone for a few weeks. Lots of people came by to see them and say hi.

My sister in law came into town and my other sister and I went to our (former) favorite thrift store. We used to get the nicest things there for very little. But this year there was very little selection, so we left with empty hands.

Tonight my parents were about to go to sleep at 6:30, but I coaxed them to go out with my sister and me to drive around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights. They really loved that!

My dad was reluctant to go because it is just now getting cold outside with a rather biting wind. But I warmed up the car for them and he decided to go after all.

Earlier I had made dinner for us all - butternut squash soup with chicken and kale. My mom loved it!

Happy New Year, everyone! (All 2 of you that read my journal, lol...)

Still recovering from jet lag, but I rested most of yesterday. Today I hope to get things organized around here.

No plans for tonight- often a friend comes for the holiday, but she is elsewhere today and I didn't make alternative plans.

My son may have friends over tonight though.

Usually I have a New Years open house on New Years day, but I chose not to this year. To exhausted from working on my parents' place and traveling.

So, it is a quiet few days coming up, which is fine with me.

My brain must be gearing up for work again, because I dreamt about work last night.