Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Busy week.

Lots of work in order to catch up from having been out sick. Today I ran a big meeting and had to prepare for it last week. It went much better than the last one, where one person was arguing with another.

This time everyone was on their best behavior.

So busy with work and life, so I haven't had time to post here.

My refrigerator died so I have been emptying all of the spoiled food and scrubbing it down. I was able to salvage some things and they are in our camp cooler for now.

Younger son is with me for the week, and has been practicing his driving. Poor guy had gotten my cold last week but is mostly better now.

Yay, it's the weekend.

Busy week and busy life-

Fridge is fixed and has been working well for a few days now. So thankful for my repair guy.

Work has been intense but I had to do a workshop this afternoon for all of the staff and I am glad it is done. Wednesday night I had to help out at a parent meeting.

Got my son off on his campout for the weekend- it is supposed to pour down rain tomorrow so that will be soggy! Buy they should have a lot of fun- they took their mountain bikes.

Tomorrow I go for a walk, then grocery shopping with my older son whom I've not seen all term. Plus my fridge and freezer are empty.

LOL, how did she manage that?

I have no idea.

My brother turned in a form to the DMV and my other brother will contact her doctor.

Also, one of my brothers is researching a memory care place, and all 6 siblings agree that it is time. It will break my mother's heart, but she is so strong willed that my dad can't handle her and there is no way any care giver would stick around for the verbal abuse my mom would give them. She is scared and angry and lashing out at everyone.

I called my parents' numbers but no answer. But my sister says they made it home safely and my brother has been cooking for them. I suspect he has broached the subject of the care center near his house so I'm curious how they responded. It is about 45 minutes from their home.

My son's spring break started a few days before mine. Yesterday when I got home he told me there was a dead bird on the floor in the dining room. I was quite miffed that he left that there for me to clean up, and I let him know that. So I made him help me. That stinker!

What a mess! Feathers everywhere.And this is the second dead bird brought into the house in a week.

Yesterday was such a beautiful day. The sun was out, blue skies, and the temperature was in the mid 60s. I went for a walk with my friend and we saw some wild flowers blooming- trillium, delphinium, fawn lily, and a patch of grape hyacinths. Spring has sprung!

Later, I mowed the lawn. My lawn seems to be a mess. A million dandelions have invaded my lawn. Also, patches of crab grass. Some strange weeds too. Last year I used some organic fertilizer and I think the weeds came from that. I will use a different brand this year.

As for the dandelions and other weeds, I really need to dig them out. But this morning it is pouring down rain, and I won't have time to do that for the rest of the week.

Silver, is the season you are now entering called fall? (Sorry if thst seems like a dumb question). Or do you call it spring but it just has a different weather pattern from us?

Here:

Spring starts March 20th

The weather gets warmer - or less cold, depending on where you are. In Michigan it was spitting snow early in the morning but then warmed up into the 40s F later in the day. The birds are singing and building nests.

In Oregon we have had rainy days interspersed with beautiful and warm sunny days. The spring flowers are blooming.

I am in Michigan to help my parents for a few days. My younger son wanted to house sit for me so his dad and I let him try it. Mostly he is staying with his dad but we told him he could stay there on his own 1 or 2 nights. But I made it very clear he was allowed no visitors to the house.

Last night I got a text from his friend's mom. Apparently my son told his dad he was staying at his friend's house but they told his friend's mom it was okay with me that they stay at my house. She doesn't always check with me now, but she had a sense that something was off. So she texted me.

They are so BUSTED! The friend's mom lectured both boys on telling the truth and made my son text me an apology. Lol. My son will need to earn back respect and trust from me and his dad. Going to have to pull in on limits until he earns our trust.

Silver, is the season you are now entering called fall? (Sorry if thst seems like a dumb question). Or do you call it spring but it just has a different weather pattern from us?

Here:

Spring starts March 20th

The weather gets warmer - or less cold, depending on where you are. In Michigan it was spitting snow early in the morning but then warmed up into the 40s F later in the day. The birds are singing and building nests.

In Oregon we have had rainy days interspersed with beautiful and warm sunny days. The spring flowers are blooming.

Hi Lum, it is early fall here, but we call it autumn. I love autumn and spring because we still have some nice clear days without the extremes of temperature and it gets cool at night. I think most people, myself included, sleep better when it's just a bit cool. Well, by our standards it's cool at around 7-8 degrees at night. Where I live, we get most of our rain in winter although in my birth state, we get it in summer.

I am in Michigan to help my parents for a few days. My younger son wanted to house sit for me so his dad and I let him try it. Mostly he is staying with his dad but we told him he could stay there on his own 1 or 2 nights. But I made it very clear he was allowed no visitors to the house.

Last night I got a text from his friend's mom. Apparently my son told his dad he was staying at his friend's house but they told his friend's mom it was okay with me that they stay at my house. She doesn't always check with me now, but she had a sense that something was off. So she texted me.

They are so BUSTED! The friend's mom lectured both boys on telling the truth and made my son text me an apology. Lol. My son will need to earn back respect and trust from me and his dad. Going to have to pull in on limits until he earns our trust.

Haha. Sorry, I know they have been naughty boys, but that is so typical of teenage boys.