Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

My teenage son is such a stinker. Soneone stole his bike helmet from the track meet, so he has been riding without one for a week! I just figured that out, aND we had words about it. He didn't want to wear the helmet I lent him because it is,"too ugly". I made him wear it.

What was he thinking! So annoyed. He is at that teenage stage where he thinks he is invincible.

Had a great day yesterday at a friend's house out in the country. They hosted all of the boy scouts and had a BBQ. The young boys learned about fire and axe safety. The older boys roped up a monkey bridge and a zip line. The weather was beautiful.

Spring has been in full swing for quite a while now. Crocuses and daffodils have come and gone. Cherry, pear, and apple trees bloomed a month ago. The leaves have grown in on the deciduous trees, and my lawn is growing like crazy.

Right now the dogwood trees are blooming and are quite beautiful.

Tomorrow it is supposed to be hot - at least for this time of year. It will be in the 80s F which is in the upper 20s for you.

Last week was rainy and cool and today was absolutely sunny and beautiful.

My poor son got fired today. He was late too often so they let him go. While it is an important lesson for him to learn, my heart does hurt for him. He was fighting back tears when he told me about it. Hopefully he will learn from this. It is hard to be 20 years old. You think you are invincible and yet you have so much to learn - and sometimes you learn the hard way.

My youngest will be turning 16 soon. My ex bought a car from his parents, so that our son has transportation to and from his dad's place out in the country. My son is almost ready to get his license, but has to get more driving hours in beforehand.

The car won't be my son's, but will be for his use.

I am not so sure I want him to have the freedom to drive around. But on the other hand, it will make life easier in many ways. Also, our state has a graduated license system where he can't take passengers (except family) at first. That is a good thing.