Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Much cooler and normal temperatures this week. Yesterday was sunny and 66- very nice out. I got up early to take my cat to the vet for her checkup. She has seasonal allergies so the vet likes to check up on her.

Afterward I went walking for a few hours with my friend C and her dog. That was really nice, but I'm paying for it now with a sore foot (the one I injured in December when I twisted my ankle). I had worn new shoes and they are clearly the wrong fit. They were cheap- I bought them at Costco- so I will just donate them.

After the walk I did some cooking. One of my coworkers was in a bad car accident and is home now with broken bones. We made up a schedule for taking dinners to her and her kids, so it was my turn. I made Cuban style black bean burritos, with vegan ingredients since they are vegan. Also a big salad. I made enough for me too, so that is also what we had for dinner.

My son and I delivered the meal and my coworker was very appreciative. We visited for a few minutes and then took off.

Ack! My hunter cat just brought a live squirrel into the house! I could hear squeaking so I went to investigate. I chased the cat outside with the squirrel in his mouth. Then I went out and picked the cat up who then released the squirrel. Not sure if the squirrel will make it, but I brought the cat inside and distracted him with his toys.

I also forgot to say what happened when I was getting ready to take my other cat to the vet yesterday. She was sleeping on my bed, so I thought it would be so easy to scoop her up and put her into the cat carrier. So I went to the other end if the house and got the cat carrier out of the garage. I opened the cat carrier door, which does squeak a,bit.

When I went to the other end of the house, she must have heard that squeak because she was going under the bed to hide.

I had a tough time getting her out from under there, and when I got her I went to put her into the carrier, only to find that the hunter cat had settled into the carrier for a nice little retreat. That startled all of us, and I got a bit of a scratch on my chin. And the cat went back under the bed. I did get us to the appointment- a bit late- but they understood.

Awww, poor squirrel. I only just got a pet door so I'm thinking I'm going to likely have Tis too. Tonight, I found my dog had dug up one of the dental treats I have given him (his favourite food in the world) and brought it into my bed. - still had dirt on it.

Aww, that is sweet. But messy. My sister said her cat brought a dead critter to her bed . I am glad my cat sticks to the dining room, I guess.

Yup. School is out for summer! But I still have a few days of work before I'm done. Just no kids. Have to button things up for the summer.

It was an intense day. I cut it too close on report cards but I did get them done.

Said goodbye to some sweet kids that are moving over the summer. Said hi to a sweet little girl that I know from church- she will be at my school next year.

Scoped out my new room - they are having me move to another room next year.

Hellos and goodbyes. Hello to summer, goodbye to this school year.

Yes, it can be nerve-racking when your kids first get their licenses. My sons father bought him a motorbike for his birthday as soon as he was old enough. I was so relieved when after 2 years, he sold it and bought a big old tank to drive. Suited him very well for a couple of years.

Yes, it can be nerve-racking when your kids first get their licenses. My sons father bought him a motorbike for his birthday as soon as he was old enough. I was so relieved when after 2 years, he sold it and bought a big old tank to drive. Suited him very well for a couple of years.

My older son was talking about getting a motorcycle. The funny thing is that it rains a lot in Oregon during the winter and dpring, so motorcycles are not practical. So I doubt he would have it very long. He does not yet have his license anyway- his younger brother beat him to it!

One perk from my son getting his license is that I won't have to see my ex each week. But we still have a business together, so we do need to talk sometimes.

My ex came over this afternoon to discuss some business information and also for us to come up with ground rules for my son and his driving. So that was a good thing.

But he brought up memories of trips we had made as a family, and it made me sad. It is not that I miss him anymore, but I miss those family times together.

Went to a workshop today. It was awesome and it was even free! It will be extremely helpful information for my job next year

Afterward I came home and picked up my son so we could go shopping for camping gear. We found some goretex pants for $39- used at a surplus store. He is going to be going up into the mountains, so I bought a down vest for me and he can borrow it.

We need to find some good gloves tomorrow, and then he is almost ready to go.

Over the weekend my coworkers and I went to a business that built a new building. They were giving their old chairs, tables, and bookshelves away to schools and nonprofits. Score!! Got some fantastic shelves and even some cabinetry that is sitting in the back of my truck. And an A-V cart for my middle school teacher friend. She will be thrilled.