Ladies: which person would you rather marry?

Guy A - You are really attracted to him. He's very nice, funny, loves you, but he is poor and he has a hard time holding on to a job, is unstable, has lots of debt, and makes lots of excuses for his mistakes.

or

Guy B - You are not attracted to him, but he's nice, funny, loves you, and is very responsible and hard working, has a great job and would provide stability.

Which person would you rather marry if you had a choice?

I'm not a woman, but as a gay man I wouldn't be excited by either of those options. Who would be?

However, if I had to chose one it would be the first guy. People can mature and get better with finances over time. It's an area which is more easily developed.

I would never be able to be with Guy A. I've tried... and I'm much too ambitious/workaholic myself. I feel very resentful when my partner does not have the same work ethic as me... and that has nothing to do with money. Not being able to hold onto a job? I couldn't respect him. I'd rather be with a hard-working minimum wage guy than highly paid, can't hold a job guy. So... Guy A is a dud no matter how hot he is.

Guy B? What does "not attracted to" mean? Attraction isn't a yes/no... it's a sliding scale. Am I attracted enough to him and his personality to be able to have a sexual relationship? Can't have a relationship without sex.

I agree with Day_Walker; there aren't just two men in the world...and neither of Guy A nor B sound like marriage material if you value relationship happiness. Especially not Guy B! As for Guy A, how could someone expect to have a stable, happy marriage with him? If he can hardly take care of himself, I don't expect he'd be able to work effectively as a team in a marriage, either.

Luckily, there are a huge variety of men out there, and many are awesome marriage material

Wouldn't most girls marry B and then just maintain a little sumpin-sumpin on the side with A?

Not those of us with morals... Are you saying you think most women don't have morals/would cheat? I hope "most" is not true...

I'm actually surprised at how many people are picking A. Looks over stability, huh? What happens when Guy A gets old, fat and ugly? Then he's ugly AND irresponsible.

Not those of us with morals... Are you saying you think most women don't have morals/would cheat? I hope "most" is not true...

I'm actually surprised at how many people are picking A. Looks over stability, huh? What happens when Guy A gets old, fat and ugly? Then he's ugly AND irresponsible.

I agree that Guy A isn't a great choice--a guy needs to be able to hold his own before being trusted with responsibility in another's life too. But if you don't love Guy B, what's the point?

Guy A - You are really attracted to him. He's very nice, funny, loves you, but he is poor and he has a hard time holding on to a job, is unstable, has lots of debt, and makes lots of excuses for his mistakes.

or

Guy B - You are not attracted to him, but he's nice, funny, loves you, and is very responsible and hard working, has a great job and would provide stability.

i'd probably end up feeling attracted to guy B. Funny and nice? Sign me up.

or

Depends. Who loves me more and if we get into an argument does he go straight to divorce mode or work things out or gives a silent treatment? LOL

If both go straight to silent treatment mode and divorce mode, then I choose none.

Neither. Both are poor choices.

However, if I had to choose, I would pick Guy B and try to work on the relationship so that we could love each other and be attracted. There is no way that I would ever marry someone like Guy A, no matter how attracted I was. I would not marry someone who can't hold down a job and has massive debt (other than the typical student loans).

I think A is the more logical choice because it's not that difficult to become better with money. It's something that you can more easily work on.

With guy B, he doesn't seem to be anything else than a walking bank account. I don't see why anyone would want that. I don't see how "I want stability" is a logical response, either, as every person should already have the capacity to support themselves. You don't need anyone else for stability, IMO. And if you do that's a problem in and of itself.

Was a joke, dearest.

Archived