Ladies: which person would you rather marry?

I think A is the more logical choice because it's not that difficult to become better with money. It's something that you can more easily work on.

With guy B, he doesn't seem to be anything else than a walking bank account. I don't see why anyone would want that. I don't see how "I want stability" is a logical response, either, as every person should already have the capacity to support themselves. You don't need anyone else for stability, IMO. And if you do that's a problem in and of itself.

Well, I've encountered a lot of irresponsible people in my life, any they always find it hard to change, almost never they would change. So to me, the possibility for them to improve themselves money-wise is a challenge that most of them would find difficult. In the long run, it'd be a struggle, and would put a strain on the relationship. I know I would be stable, but to be stable all the time, putting in my half and probably covering his half as well does not appeal to me. But I do not go for the walking bank account as you put it. My boyfriend is poor. Once homeless. Been together for two years and going strong. He is stable, knows how to manage his money, and I have no doubt he'd be back to where he used to be, which was with a very good job and blahblahblah (I know the details and reasons of his fall). He went back in college, taking cues from me (not by my hinting or anything, just seeing that he ought to catch up to where I am), and is actively progressing. As long a person shows that he can do it, I don't mind. If a person is irresponsible, then it's a no. I dealt with too many irresponsible people who simply didn't care that it'd be a turn off.

I adore these hypothetical threads where everyone gets all academic and high brow about it: "Well, you see, both choices are spurious and the domain is arbitrarily set, so I fail to see how one could make any viable decision..."

You all must have been tons of fun back in the truth or dare days

The answer is quite clearly B.

The answer is quite clearly B.

Well, I'd say the clear answer is "Neither". But because that wasn't an option, I was making the case for A over B.

If person A is truly "You're attracted and gel with the person, but he/she sucks with money/finances/work" and person B is "Not attracted to the person but he/she is great with money and has a nice job", then I'll be going with the former. It's not even a close contest in my mind for the reasons I stated previously.

I mean, if you pick person B you're pretty much admitting to using the person for money. I don't see how that's admirable at all.

Archived