Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about something really degrading that my father forced me to live through. It pops into my head now and again. And it is really kind of embarrassing. And it is something I don't really like to talk about. When I lived alone with my dad for that while after he kidnapped us he would never buy me pads when I had my period. ( I got my period at 11 and he kidnapped us when I was 13) It would be so god-awful and I would have to use toilet paper. And often times he would not buy enough toilet paper or he would wait till somebody was on the toilet before he bought toilet paper and you would have to sit there and wait for him to come back from the store. Or if it was him that got stuck running out of toilet paper we would have to walk to the store and go get it. It was always so annoying to me though that he always had money for his McDonald's lunch and his bottle of scotch every day but I couldn't get something that I needed. ( and yes my dad was always an alcoholic when he was without my mom)

There were so many situations that my father put me in that were so humiliating ,disturbing and disgusting it is no wonder that I have such a rage for him. He used to make me beg the other kids or the teacher for school supplies because he would never buy any. I always felt so humiliated.

The whole time he never got me a haircut or bought me a pair shoes. My shoes were 2 sizes too small and I would have to curl up my feet into them. It would be hard to walk properly.

It makes me irritated and angry to even think about this crap. I'm sure this is why I get so angry when I see my neighbour's kids get neglected.

So at my ASD group there was one lady that was talking about her tax reassessment. In Canada you can get a tax deduction for being the caregiver of a disabled child. Sadly I never knew this before. So we have to have 16 years worth of taxes reassessed. Anyway this woman was saying she got $40,000 back. I almost fell out of my chair!

it would sure be nice to get those back taxes. I like to think of it as good karma for all that you went through in your earlier years

It would be awesome Sherry!! I would put that money aside for my son though. It would help him start a great retirement plan.

So my son and I went out today and who do we meet ? Ya you guessed it my neighbour! Yippee ki yay ! We were in a restaurant and there they were. * eyes rolling* In fact him and my son were in the men's room at the same time. Thankfully they left.

Then my son and I continued out onto a nice drive to a provincial park.

Ha ha oh my god can you believe it my neighbor called the MPs again!!! Supposedly somebody drove on his lawn last week and he thought he'd called today and say it was us. Ha ha ha oh my God. WHAT A LOSER!

I told the officer who came that this is just a ploy for him to ratchet crap up again. And that if he wants to be an a jerk I have no problem being a jerk and I have no problem getting a lawyer. And that this is rapidly becoming harassment. In fact it is harassment.

I love Florida. I mostly go to Disney. I would love to get to some of their National Parks, as I've been on a National Park kick since 2006.

How often were you going?

Yeah I've never been to Disney. And I can't stand rides I get very seasick. I have really severe motion sickness. However two years ago my son did go to Universal Studios with my husband's sister. So he actually got to go to Florida twice at summer. That was our actual first trip to Florida as a family. My husband had been to Florida a few times as a kid. But when I was a kid I was raised out west in BC and Alberta so nowhere near Florida. And my mom valued much more learning about our own country. Not that I haven't seen a lot of the US because I have. From childhood up I've been going to the States and I've seen about 30 States. And I've been to almost everywhere in my own country. But I did love the Gulf Coast very much. And I did love the people in the South they are so very polite.

Therapy ,well ,when I started in September 2012 I was going every week. And then after 6 months it was every two weeks and it has been every two weeks probably for a year and a half. I did try to taper down earlier this year in December/ January but that didn't fly too well. Found I still needed the support. Now I think I'm more prepared to fly pretty much almost on my own. That might not be the end of therapy for my life of course because they say I will need ongoing throughout life but there may be periods where I don't need it. I did have therapy as a teenager which was quite intensive every day for 5 days a week for over a year. And then it went to once a week for a little while. Mind you I have no memory of that therapy whatsoever. What I know of that therapy is what my mother tells me. Because of my PTSD I have problems re-creating my childhood in sequence and somethings are just missing.

An MP knocks on the door again this evening. And he says is your husband home ? I said no ,he's on shift why? He said if you could get him to call the detachment when he gets home. If you can believe it they gave him 45 minutes notice for a mediation?!?! He said no ,I won't be attending that I just finished four days of 12 hour shifts and I haven't even had my dinner yet. So no.

I still think the local paper would love this story.

Are you from Cananda?

I'm seeing my LCSW every other week. But I've started going to Adult Children of Alcoholics meetings and LOVE it. I feel like I've found my sanity in an insane life.

Your neighbor sounds nuts. Is that why the MP knocked on the door, the neightbor is starting trouble again?

I'm sorry

Are you from Cananda?

I'm seeing my LCSW every other week. But I've started going to Adult Children of Alcoholics meetings and LOVE it. I feel like I've found my sanity in an insane life.

Your neighbor sounds nuts. Is that why the MP knocked on the door, the neightbor is starting trouble again?

I'm sorry

I am Canadian, yes. I live in Canada.

I'm glad your LCSW is helpful ,that's what my therapist is too! I love mine she is so very easy to talk to. She is very gentle but very probing when she needs to be. And she has a very soft quiet energy about her.

See I have never thought about my dad as an alcoholic even looking back now he clearly was when he was not with my mother.

Yeah, my neighbor is a crazy redneck yahoo. He is basically trying to drive me crazy and trying to report stupid crap that we have never done because I reported them for animal abuse. He even made a threat against me. Yes ,he's trying to ratchet things up again because it's been quiet for two weeks and apparently he's crazy and doesn't like that.

Archived