People meet through ENA?

aglaia

Here's a crazy thought... with all the good people frequenting ENA all the time and the close bonds formed with fellow ENA-ers (especially those coming off the Break up/ Healing threads)... wouldn't it be something if people actually found love on this site? Has it happened before?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha..yeah but their exes bother me though ;-)..

But that thought has crossed me often..the irony of it all. That most of us are searching for people who have love in their hearts..have gotten to be more rounded due to the experience of being dumped and have actually learned a lot about themselves as well..

A lot here could be great for one another..

But i guess the fact that we have all had such a clear view on someone else's heartbreak process..you just don't do it..you dont make a move. There are things here i would have never told a new boyfriend..

For me everyone here feels more like a good friend or brother/sister. But thinking about a sexual attraction is weird to me.

But its true...some people might be a lot closer to their "ONE" here than anywhere else..weird huh ;-)

I think so. Here we see the best in people and definitely form bonds. I have a few amazing friends bonds as such and we communicate to see how we are all going...its a nice bond.. Me married dont want anyone romantically but for available people it must be a great place.

Quite a few more Aussies than I would've thought, not that the thought itself means anything. I would be interested in meeting some of them (too bad most are taken haha)

But on the same token, the basis you meet them on isn't the best, depending which section you're in . It's good to not have to bury your personal problems when you go out (ala keep carrying yourself well at the least) but nevertheless you don't want to meet people on the basis of pity

That's the downside (or maybe upside... depending on how you look at it and why you came here) of meeting someone on ENA - a lot of your past problems and random ramblings can be laid out on these boards for them to see.

The person I met and really adored no longer visits I think... but even if he did, meh... I don't think I'd care. We had to accept early on that we'd kinda spilled our guts to each other haha.

I think there are some amazing people here... ones I have become very close to, ones that if I go more then a couple days without talking to I miss terribly.

i know what you mean. i think of an enaer sometimes over the weekend. i don't ever log on then, i know they won't be here, but i kind of have withdrawals of seeing progress in their life and wondering if they are okay. they are pretty close to me too and i care; i can actually confide personal things to them and they are a good friend in that sense and can ask me anything. even if they don't like my responses, they know i'm truthful and unbiased.

I've made great friends on here. I met a member (my first ENA encounter!) while I was in NYC last weekend and had dinner with her. She's just as great in person as she is on here.

Another person on here and I are pretty much soulmates. We're waaaaaay too similar to never meet one day. But just as friends, unless she hits on me, which I'm sure she'll probably do b/c she's like that (much love for ya Twinny-Boo! haha)

I've made great friends on here. I met a member (my first ENA encounter!) while I was in NYC last weekend and had dinner with her. She's just as great in person as she is on here.

Another person on here and I are pretty much soulmates. We're waaaaaay too similar to never meet one day. But just as friends, unless she hits on me, which I'm sure she'll probably do b/c she's like that (much love for ya Twinny-Boo! haha)

wow! Thats neat...that you got to meet them....There are quite a few ppl on here I'd like to meet in person. I do talk to a few of them outside of ena..email, text... I really consider them some of my best friends.

wow! Thats neat...that you got to meet them....There are quite a few ppl on here I'd like to meet in person. I do talk to a few of them outside of ena..email, text... I really consider them some of my best friends.

same here (facebook, texting, emailing, etc). i talk to jenn more than i talk to any of my real-world friends. if we don't hear from each other at least once a day, we send out a search party on each other. i really enjoy my conversations with her and feel more comfortable telling her things than i do anyone else. maybe teh fact that i've never met her helps keep my embarrassment about certain subjects at bay. i'm not sure. but i feel like i can trust her with whatever i say b/c we're so much alike that i know she's pretty much got the same thought on it all.

the ENAer i met in NYC was really great. her personality is just like it is on here. she's so friendly. i felt like itd be all awkward and such but it wasn't. it was like we'd met a million times before (my thought, anyway!)

Archived