THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 4 of my healing

Yes it happened, we broke up, 4 days ago. Now what am I going to do to heal MY broken heart. Today I am motivated to focus my energy on me, not him. Since we broke up I've been putting a lot of energy on him, missing HIM, wanting to hear from HIM, wondering is HE misses me, wanting HIM to want me. I'm going to think about ME, and loving ME more than I love him. Instead of counting each day for HIM. I am going to count each day for ME.

20 days NC. Although i've looked at her social networking and her new gfs social networking in the meantime. So guess it doesnt fully count. Today I got the confirmation they are together though, so no more looking at that.

I've not contacted her in 20 days though. Still feel horrible.

A little update from me. I've stopped counting already, it should have been like 3 weeks or something, but I don't have even the slightest urge to contact him.

I don't think about him as much as I did before, he pops onto my mind occasionally but not in a way that I'd love to be with him again.

Everybody hang-in there, this NC thing is a wonderful thing, I'll be still around but I will take this day that I moved on.

One spontaneous applause, please!

Day 5 of my healing....

Yesterday was great. Once I started focusing on ME I was able to enjoy myself. Worked out, did errands and attended a banquet. He even sent me a "how are you" text. I was not able to reply until three hours later because I was busy. I told him I was fine, thanked him for asking, mentioned I was leaving a banquet and asked how he was. He replied okay, and proceeded to ask about a health issue I'm dealing with. I replied, thankfully its ok, and proceeded to ask about a eating issue he is dealing with. He replied, and then I made a small inside joke about it and ended the conversation with good nite. He replied again with a smile and said good nite. After this exchange I felt good because I felt comfortable, and I was in control of it by putting the same amt of effort into it as he did not more/not less, and ending it first. I was happy to hear from him and I'm not sure when he will contact me again, however, I don't feel the need to focus on that. I am still putting my energy on ME, because I realize that the faster I get better, the faster my sitaution will get better. My motivtion today is to continue to heal myself.

Day 4 after LC whats were just breadcrumbs. BU was 1 month ago when she told me she needed space. Big test is the end of the week it's her birthday whether I leave a txt wishing her a Happy birthday or ignore and keep NC!!

Day 39 of NC...actually manifested the guts to block her and her best friend on FB... of course with that comes actually looking at their picture to verify that it is the person you want to block... I still can't look at pictures of the ex. As I blocked the friend I inadvertently found out some info from her page which leads me to believe that she is now living with the ex....meh...I figured something like that might happen. I hope the both of you rot in hell.

I've had a few setbacks...I'm still in a haze....but it's getting better.

I'm not sure which day I'm on. I think it's now 6 or 7.

I miss him so much. I broke a little and lurked around the forum we both used, to see what he'd posted. I can't lie, I saw that he'd updated that he'd felt worse, but had also felt better. It doesn't make me happy to think he's sad, but it does make me feel a little better knowing that he's not completely over me already. I don't want to be the only idiot that feels sad about this.

I'm trying to focus on fixing my relationship, but all I can think about is him. How much I want to see where things would have gone with us. It would have meant potentially uprooting my entire life to move and be with him, several thousand miles away. I've never ever considered that for a man before. I once decided Ireland was too far, let alone the states. But for him, I seriously thought about it. I'm constantly picturing what it'd be like if we met, if I went to him, if he came here. I can't get him out of my head, even though we haven't been in touch for a week now

Day 13... tomorrow will be a full 2 weeks of my decision to go NC. I am doing ok. Just one foot in front of the other. It is what it is now. I wonder if this will phase "you" since you once made the comment that the longest we have gone is "3 weeks without communicating"--- I plan to make it to 60 days...and then I will be moving out of state... how is that for NC?

I still feel bitterness at your complete selfishness and total lack of caring. But it is starting not to surprise me but really make me wonder how you will ever properly function in a relationship unless you settle.... because you are really incredibly selfish.

Day 2 for me, finding it hard, think ive spent the last 2 days looking around at other peoples posts looking for answers, but anyway feeling ok at the minute, working tomorrow so i wont be able to contact her even if i wanted too as i deleted her number.

So slight snag in the no contact plan...found out I'm pregnant I am petrified right now. Its definitely his, we've been broken up for almost 2 months. I'm just over 2 months along. If I should post in a separate thread I will, its just that this one has been really supportive and I've been posting here for the past few weeks of NC.

Any advice? I don't think its fair to bring a kid into the world with only one parent...but he broke up with me, and I doubt a baby would bring him back.

So slight snag in the no contact plan...found out I'm pregnant I am petrified right now. Its definitely his, we've been broken up for almost 2 months. I'm just over 2 months along. If I should post in a separate thread I will, its just that this one has been really supportive and I've been posting here for the past few weeks of NC.

Any advice? I don't think its fair to bring a kid into the world with only one parent...but he broke up with me, and I doubt a baby would bring him back.

Depends if you're ready to be a single mother I guess. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't have it, but it's a tough decision and one only you can make.

Day 3, found it really hard last night, couldn't sleep, and i have to go work soon which sucks, really not in the mood. have a feeling i iwll break NC tonight, nothing to extreme, jsut see how her and the baby are, miss them both, losing 2 people not 1

Just ruined everything, all got to much for me at work, i was feeling physically sick, i asked the boss if i could leave, he said no, i kind of lost it a bit, and walked out, stupid i know, everything just got too much for me, the thought of never being with her again, and missing out on seeing the baby walk properly and start talking, i really was ready to raise that child as my own, but now ive lost everything. now think i am moving upto london to live with my brother and have a fresh start, in 1 week i went from having everything i ever wanted to now having nothing, feel pretty * * * * and stupid right now. also broke no contact tonight, said she misses me , but she needs to be on her own, and that she is sorry for everything, said it was the hardest thing she has had to do, but she has to do it for herself, i did nothing wrong i know that. jsut hurts to lose someone for doing nothing wrong, i blame her violent ex husband for making her unhappy, just wish i had the chances he had.

Day 5 - I thought you would have contacted me by now considering you told me that you were still in love with me. But apparently you are still trying to figure things out with "the other." I know you're not good for me. I know you judged. You said the new girl isn't attractive. Can you have the conversations with her that we can? No. Because we had something special and although I know that NC is for me and not for you, I know you'll miss this...

For now, I'm staying strong...

DAY 1 NC

Arranged to see her on Saturday, but Ive cancelled, and said its not going to make me feel any better and that i need to concentrate on moving on, She agreed and said she didn't want to say that to me as she didn't want me to think she was trying to push me away, So NC starts now

31 Days! My problem now is that he usually contacts me around this time. He won't this time because its "different" but for some reason part of me is holding on to the hope that he will. I'll get over it in another 5 days or so.

Edit: I should also say that I am 32 days w/o Facebook. Its so glorious!