THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Took the plunge and blocked him on facebook.

I don't care what he thinks of it. --childish.. over reacting. WHATEVER.

I'm done living my life on facebook hoping he will see something through a mutual friends page. DONE.

This is one of the best investments you could've made in NC. Good job.

I've been talking with two guys on and off, both very intelligent. They both have impressive degrees in the sciences. Problem is: even though they're both amazing, they both live a little farther that I would like. Oh well, they're cool guys. Now if I can just find cool, intelligent guys like them who actually LIVE IN MY AREA.

On a funnier note, I took a taxi, home last night. Had a good conversation with the driver. And at the end of the trip, he asked me out on a date. I have zero interest in him. But, him asking made me smile on the inside.

Anyway, onward ho.

I've been talking with two guys on and off, both very intelligent. They both have impressive degrees in the sciences. Problem is: even though they're both amazing, they both live a little farther that I would like. Oh well, they're cool guys. Now if I can just find cool, intelligent guys like them who actually LIVE IN MY AREA.

On a funnier note, I took a taxi, home last night. Had a good conversation with the driver. And at the end of the trip, he asked me out on a date. I have zero interest in him. But, him asking made me smile on the inside.

Anyway, onward ho.

When members of the opposite sex find you attractive, it's always good for the self esteem whether you are interested or not. It helps to ease the pain of the person whom you're broken up with.

We broke up 20th of June.. for about a month we had casual contact. One day I told her that I missed her and that is her choice for us to be together. She said that she didnt want us back together, only just to have contact. I told her that I loved her, that I really tried hard for her and that I dont want anymore contact because I was still in love and needed time to heal. She never answered..

So I was in NC for 1.5 month, until a friend of me told me that she saw her walking with another man with hands holding. I felt really terrible, sad and out of my weakness I texted her,broke NC, to tell her that I still think about her and want take care of herself. She said the same for me.. We talked with messages it was good to hear from her, it was a nice conversation without talking about our relationship or her possible new boyfriend. I really should have let it go after that but I couldn't.. I texted her again after 3 days to see how was she doing.. She was very cold and I asked her why? I cant be like I used to be she said and It s not reasonable.. I said you are right, I understand goodnight. And that was it.. I felt really bad after that. I regret texting her, looking weak.

So here I am..

Day 2 of NC

• Like 1

Day 6 and despite breadcrumbs on Monday and Tuesday this week (2 texts from him in total), I've resisted urge to text back. Although its hard, after reading other people's opinions and advice i've realised that him sending me two short, brief texts is not worthy of my time, agony and emotions involved if I responded. At first glance I thought him texting me was some huge deal, but its not. He doesn't care one drop.

Dumpers who throw breadcrumbs are extremely selfish individuals

Everybody here seems to get at least meaningless contact, I haven't got even a simple "How are you" in all this time. Considering it wasn't really a break up, it's even more upsetting. Can he not even be curious?!

Must be day 53 or something. Been very very low and tearful all this time. Last night I had a strange unexpected feeling. Maybe I am so tired of suffering and being unable to concentrate on work and life that I started hoping that this really is the end this time and maybe it's his last betrayal, I won't have to see or speak or try again with him and I won't have to go through pain again.

I felt relieved! That was great!

Come the morning, I'm sad again, but that sense of relief is in the background. That's good. Hope it grows stronger.

So yesterday I went through my exs tmobile account and he still has my number but then I c his cousins name ans it says babe! And all the call logs are under her number I want to vomit and I feel like I didnt mean anything from talking about marriage to having babies.. Im in disbelief.. I ended up txtin him I dont miss him and he put me through alot and I never want him in my life ever again. Its not his cousin but its his step moms niece he treated her like a cousin around me. I feel worthless and I am really lost I feel like I was nothin and that I am nothing how could he!

It's been a week since the official break up and 1 day since I last contacted her. I'll have to post the whole situation sometime, but basically we broke up for a second time (the relationship was about 2 years with a brief couple of months where we were broken up and living together). Right now I know I'm doing this more out of the hope that she'll get ahold of me in the future so we can reconciliate, but hopefully I can work on that with time.

It's hard right now just because I recently moved home living in my college town for two years straight. I don't really know anyone here anymore and don't have a job, so not much to do during the day, ha! Hopefully that situation will improve!

Day 1

I guess this is the real day 1 but it's been about 3 weeks since last real contact. We have had contact briefly over email because of practical issues but it was always friendly and to the point. At one time I did break down and saw on facebook that he was having lots of fun with a friend at a party which made me sad and bitter because he hardly ever went out together during our relationship since we had so little money to spend on that and now suddenly we are both working and have more money but are both alone and lonely. So I wrote to him to tell him how much it hurt. He said he was sorry and suggested that I mute him. I still checked his fb after that, I miss him Anyway here is to thinking about myself!

day what...?? 8 i think

she broke contact today to say hi. we exchanged some friendly txt, and caught up. I invited her to get some ice cream Saturday. She said that she couldn't cause she has plans. I asked what kind. and... Soooo it looks like she broke contact to say she was going on a date. I told her that I couldnt talk to her if she was dating and politely wished her well & exited the conversation.

ugh back to day 1. This time its 100% for me to heal with no thoughts of getting back together.

I understand.

I felt the same way when I blocked my ex: like CRAP. And the next day, I felt the same way: like crap. After that, I realized that this decision really was the best. It felt even better when I started unfriending his family and friends off my page.

Blocking and some ufriending helps make a nice cocoon to heal in.

I keep trying to tell myself it's for the best.. thanks for the positive reinforcement

-Day 28-

I dont feel angry. I don't feel sad. There's only one emotion I feel a lot right now, and that is yearning. I yearn for the companionship, the cuddling, the kissing. All the couple-ey stuff. And I yearn for the feeling of believing that I was someone's special someone.

So yesterday I went through my exs tmobile account and he still has my number but then I c his cousins name ans it says babe! And all the call logs are under her number I want to vomit and I feel like I didnt mean anything from talking about marriage to having babies.. Im in disbelief.. I ended up txtin him I dont miss him and he put me through alot and I never want him in my life ever again. Its not his cousin but its his step moms niece he treated her like a cousin around me. I feel worthless and I am really lost I feel like I was nothin and that I am nothing how could he!

Something tells me you did yourself a favor by leaving this guy.

I understand.

I felt the same way when I blocked my ex: like CRAP. And the next day, I felt the same way: like crap. After that, I realized that this decision really was the best. It felt even better when I started unfriending his family and friends off my page.

Blocking and some ufriending helps make a nice cocoon to heal in.

Yeah I only have his cousin and his mom as a friend.. I just feel bad for deleting them.. I enjoyed being around them both.

Maybe someday ill delete them.. but at least I have him blocked so I wont see anything he post on their wall..

1 WEEK!

This time last week I was getting ready to go and see him, for what was our final contact, 1 day after the dumping email. And I haven't replied to the breadcrumb text of two days later. I'm still up and down, but the time for reflection has helped tremendously. It really wasn't all my fault! He was disrespecting me!

I kind of want to know what he is thinking, but then again I rarely did know. And I will not be contacting him

• Like 1
Day 29

I dreamed about my ex last night. Dont know how THAT happened. I hate how those random dreams pop up about the ex when you want to move on. Plus, to add insult to injury, I still fantasize about my ex. Even though it happens randomly, I feel pathetic. Smh.

Yeah in the same boat here. Also have these horrible nightmares sometimes where he gets together with one of his friends (a person I know for a fact he would never consider dating) or goes back to his ex. One of my ongoing fears here.