Someone is trying to break up me and my boyfriend?

Rose21

This is why i think nobody should ever have open profiles to people they don't know on MySpace/Facebook.

Someone can read enough information on there (i.e., know he's in a greek society, know you two are in an LDR, be able to ascertain that you're his girlfriend and where your own profile is and then send you a message.)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I do, and I did delete the messages.

I do trust him, but I am also very insecure. I second guess EVERYTHING>

I wish I could stop=(

Isn't that a contradiction?

If you're insecure, how can you trust? For me, those two go hand in hand.

And that would make things better by taking a break from him for something he didn't do?

Hah that would make me a wreck!

I did have my profile totaly public until about a month ago.

And I always leave little things like, "Can't wait til April 10th. Misses her baby so much" etc.

I wish I could stop=(

insecure about what? a fake person e-mailed you a fake story, if that happened to me i'd laugh it off to jealousy. i would also feel a little bit cocky that others are so envious of my relationship. shrug it off.

I'm pretty sure the person has to be someone I know.

Im more upset that it could be someone I trusted information with, someone I am even possibly friends with!

I mean, they made a fake profile but put the school that they "go to"

I already have a natural distrust for alot of things and society, so I don't want to be second guessing my friends now.

exactly. if it is someone who knows you somehow, they are just jealous. imagine if it was your friend named katie. say she actually made this all up because she is envious.

now think if you were to act insecure and go to katie innocently and tell her about the situation that just happened. wouldn't she be thrilled inside that you're worried about this? on the other hand if you didn't show any insecurity and laughed it off.......katie's plan will just FAIL. you've gotta be a bigger person and realize the reality of the situation.

What are you insecure about yourself for?

Those inner insecurities reach out to other things and other people.

If you have so much trust issues with people, why is your boyfriend excluded from it? I don't see how much who's so insecure about everything, can magically be ok and secure with their partner. Your behaviors in the past show insecurties and they carry over to your relationship and to him.

You may deny it, but its pretty obvious.

I think that if you were completely secure with him and trusted him, you wouldn't be here. I really don't think you can say you are insecure, but trust him. Your insecurities are showing all over this thread, and are also showing you really don't trust him. You've talked to him, and been going on all day 'despite knowing he would NEVER cheat'..would someone who's secure in their relationship be going on like this? No. You're secure or you're not. You can't say you're secure with him and then go on and on about this. An insecurity within yourself carries into your relationship and onto him.

If anyone is up to no good, have faith that you will be able to figure out who's to blame in due time.

With that in mind, there are some people with whom you should play your cards close to your chest.

You're only 19, and sometimes girls (well, guys, too) that age can be catty and mischievous.

As has been mentioned already, it makes sense to keep your private life private, so that any trouble-makers will have less information to access.

If you know people who seem like "frienemies", then just steer clear of them, and hang out instead with the people that you can trust.

It's already been pointed out was that there has been no more proof of any wrong-doing.

It makes no sense to start second-guessing your friends and/or your boyfriend, because all that will do is create problems where there aren't any.

I'm pretty sure the person has to be someone I know.

Im more upset that it could be someone I trusted information with, someone I am even possibly friends with!

I mean, they made a fake profile but put the school that they "go to"

I already have a natural distrust for alot of things and society, so I don't want to be second guessing my friends now.

rose, if you let this get to you and ruin your day, then the prankster has 'won.' they are trying to upset you, get a reaction out of you. clearly they did it. if you do nothing, say nothing, move on, they will get bored and move onto something else.

Yeahng to do, that's what I'm trying to do. Just get over it.

I'm fine, until I go online.

Turn the computer off, go and do something else this weekend. Seriously, the longer you're online the more you're going to torture yourself.

And also, I would honestly advise sharing less detail about yourself - you would be very very easy to track down given the sheer volume of information about yourself and boyfriend that are out there.

Try not to worry, or the prankster has won.

Well I have just this night before school tomorrow.

I'm going to get off here in a little bit, and get started on my take home test for Criminology.

And then watch that new movie "The Knowing" online.

Try and vent my furstration by going to the gym later tonight.

I'm a Crimonology major, you have no idea what lengths people would go to in pursuing a crush or to get what they want.

...hah, you dont have to be crimonology major to know this, its common sense.

You keep on to say how much you trust your bf, he would never do it, etc etc, but still you get so scared and upset about this message, your reaction here is translated saying : " I dont trust him to 100%, if someone writes that there has to be a truth to it. But i post here to get reassured by ppl that my bf didnt do it and that the message is fake "

If your relationship is so good as u always say, then forget about this message, trust me: with my exes I also sometimes got messages, or even ppl in person telling me bs, and you know what , they were just jealous, trying to cause trouble, I did not give a craps about it. I imagine it cannot be easy for ur bf with your attitudes.

Your reaction right now is exacetly what that girl (or guy) was hoping for.

I would never say with 100% certainty that i know my SO would never do anything beyind my back because even tho i have full trust in him he is a human being with his own mind and I could NEVER be 100% sure about anything. Even tho he and i have been together longer and been thru a lot, even I could not make these declarations with utmost certainty like you do rose, which is why i distrust the validity of your statements and think they are made to convince yourself moreso than us.

That is the part of all this that i question. You are so paranoid yet say you are 100% sure he'd never even LOOK at another girl when you are not there. I don't buy it. No guy is THAT pure and innocent IMO. you said you trust him as you two are in love, sure that is cool and certainly plausible, but you go so far as to say things like you know he won't ever look at another girl, etc which is just plain outright unreasonable for any 19 or 20 year old man.

I have no clue if that message is real or fake. I am sure the myspace page is fake, but come on, of COURSE the person wanted to be anonymous and created a fake page, but we don't know if her message is real or fake. It doesn't sound totally bogus to me.

I also agree with jadedstar you can never be 100% about something, before i watched the sex tape where 1 of my closest friends had sex with my (then)boyfriend, I was 100% she would NEVER EVER do something like that, well, she did. ...what i learned, no matter how nice or ginuine the ppl seem, theres always a chance they do something u wouldnt guess they do, they wouldnt do it in front of you.

But before u get upset and paranoid rose21, I would still believe him, alone from this reaction when u told him AND that there was no "greek function" (its possible this happened at an earlier greek function??)

One thing I have to about jadedstar last sentence: I also thought "wow it sounds quite plausible " while i read the message but i think if someone is rly trying to get her upset they would make the effort to making it sound as plausible & real as possible.....So I wouldnt rely too much on the information within the myspace message and how it sounds

I wouldn't rely on the message too much either, but it would give me a reality check in that I would redirect the statements i make that are incredulous, such as "i know 110% my SO would never look at anyone else", because all i can do is trust him but I can't be so certain about anything like this, and i would also be sure i was treating my b/f fairly if her and making sure that when he WAS with me i was the kind of person an SO would want to be around.

By that i mean i sure hope she doesn't complain to him constantly the way she does to us, becuase she seems to have that type of 'complainer' personality. People like this don't often realize how much they truly are complaining and rarely realize how much the other person listening begins to grow weary of it. It is a personality type that can tax the heck out of the people close to this type of person.

This is just constructive advice I give her so that she takes good inventory of what she puts into her relationship and examines it for its merit and not on fantasy. If this is all truly off the mark, it isn't us she needs to convince. She can take anytihng under advisement or not at all if that is the case, but convincing us of this isn't necessary. I only tell her this because of her very obvious propensity to complain about everything - if she doesn't also do that to him that is fantastic. I hope she doesn't - but based on her own prior statements her own mother has called her a hypchondriac so that suggests she unleashes hre complaints a lot on the people around her also.

Rose, you aren't particularly secretive about your relationship with your bf.

I wish I could stop=(

I don't believe that insecurity should be used as an excuse for one's actions. What do you really think of your boyfriend? Everytime you don't trust your boyfriend it means you don't really believe he's a person of good character.

Similar things happened to me. Before I get into them, I would like to point this out, if this is a girl who is after him or who is jealous or your relationship and trying to split you up, she could have said something more concrete like he actually did something with her. This is the bit I find odd.

Ok my experience:

1. First serious boyfriend. Together for almost 7 years. I started getting calls, texts warning me about him. They told me he had been cheating for some time. I asked him, he denied it. I believed him. Calls and texts continued for months. Turns out it was all true. Now I trusted him 100%. He was the most kind and caring bf you could have asked for. I never for one second thought he would do something like this.

2. Second serious boyfriend. Together 1.5 years. Broke up for 4 months. Got back together. Started getting anon emails from someone warning me about him. Emails continued for a while. Asked him about them. He said he had nothing to hide. I believed him. Turns out some of it was true, and some of it was a twisted version of the truth. History certainly does have a way of repeating itself.

I hope it isn't true, but this goes to show that you can NEVER be 100% sure. If I were you, I would do some probing to find out who this person is and to see if there is any truth to it. Everything comes out in the end one way or another.

Archived