Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

What book are you currently reading?

metrogirl

I always appreciate those who went through that hell on earth, especially Okinawa with my family history there too.

Make sure that bayonet, compass, and any other items you may have gotten (papers and photos can be the coolest things) are displayed.

I went to a photo shop several years ago and had a picture of him in his dress blues in 1943 right before he left made into a full size photo. It's really cool. He's 18, but it looks just like him and he has a wiseguy smirk lol. I also have the little pouch for the compass. He put his name/initials on everything. The compass has "E Co. 22nd Reg. Okinawa" on the side as well.

Reading this book really makes it so real for me.

Finally arrived yesterday. So exited to have started this tonight. It's already bringing back so many memories from news stories, games, and press conferences when I was a kid.

It's about the season of the Bulls' 90-91 season in which they won their first championship. It details how Jordan would always belittle his team mates and yell and curse at everyone, but how he ultimately learned that he needed to play to their strengths so they could win.

image removed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How are you reading all these books? I just quit my last book, and i started another book which i start every time and never finish.

Reading is one of my hobbies. Or an obsession. I guess either term would apply. I read when most people would be watching TV....or sleeping.

Current book: Fiery Heart - Richelle Mead (almost done!)