Open Club  ·  29 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

What book are you currently reading?

metrogirl

• 2 weeks later...

Several on the go, but predominantly it appears to be The Hagakure, translated by William Scott Wilson.

This being a condensed version of the almost three hundred-year-old collection of texts that summarise Bushido, the chivalry-esque concept of the samurai warrior class of old Japan, primarily through the commentaries of the reclusive samurai Yamamoto Tsunetomo. A thought-provoking read.

i read the first one "interview with the vampire" because i had seen the movie, so i expected the book to be better and it was!

i saw the movie again after reading the book and it was just blah compared to it

When i got to reading the second and the third book.... i had to force myself through the first pages before it got to the good part..

A couple on the go, as usual, but FINALLY got a new copy of "Shake hands with the Devil" by Romeo Dallaire and that one has my primary attention right now.

When I was a teen, I loved Anne Rice books for my juicy trash-sex-romance fix. Some of those scenes are hooot. (or at least I thought so as a teen!).