Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

What book are you currently reading?

metrogirl

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, cool! Gaiman is one of my top four all-time favorite authors, and Anansi Boys is one of my fave books of his.

I'm finishing up the final book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. As a huge King fan, I'm not sure why it took me until now to read this - but I love it! Actually, I'm sitting here at work wearing a Dark Tower t-shirt that my boyfriend got me.

I'm curious what you'll think about the ending . . . I finished that series a few years ago.

I would totally sport a Dark Tower t-shirt!!

Horns by Joe Hill. Having a hard time getting really into this one. I'm at 65%, but I can't read it for very long at a time. Been reading it for a couple months and it's not a long book. Should have known after Heart-Shaped Box that I wasn't a big enough fan of his to continue, but I had to give him another shot. Lesson learned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm rereading The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell. Such a gorgeously written book. Story about how humans make first contact with another species on another planet. Team is led by Jesuits, but includes non-believing friends and colleagues. Thoughts on love and faith and questioning how it all works.

So so good.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm kind of half in love with Neil Gaiman's weirdness.

He writes fairy tales for adults. Check out "Good Omens". He co-authored it with Terry Pratchett. It has Gaiman's endearing characters and semi-science fiction/fantasy style with Pratchett's laugh out loud funny ironic twists, satire, and coincidences.

It's probably in my top 5 favourite books of all time. The ending is a bit off (I can't explain it or what they were trying to go for. I felt like they just wanted to end the book). But, finishing that book made me genuinely sad that I didn't get to hang out and see what Crowley (The demon with a heart of gold main character) was doing anymore. I had to mourn the characters because there was nothing left for me to read about them.

He writes fairy tales for adults. Check out "Good Omens". He co-authored it with Terry Pratchett. It has Gaiman's endearing characters and semi-science fiction/fantasy style with Pratchett's laugh out loud funny ironic twists, satire, and coincidences.

It's probably in my top 5 favourite books of all time. The ending is a bit off (I can't explain it or what they were trying to go for. I felt like they just wanted to end the book). But, finishing that book made me genuinely sad that I didn't get to hang out and see what Crowley (The demon with a heart of gold main character) was doing anymore. I had to mourn the characters because there was nothing left for me to read about them.

Added to my 'to read' list.

I love book recommendations!

• 2 weeks later...