What's worse in society, being an unattractive female or unattractive male?

Iceman2007

I agree with you on this regarding online dating. Unless a guy is really good looking or very good with emails, the women have the upper hand in online dating regarding looks.

In real life though it is a whole different ball game.

Online dating is skewed because far more men try it than women, so naturally the uglier men have little chance. It's a matter of simple numbers.

I'm a guitar player. We're allowed to be ugly The uglyer, the better.

Gotcha. lol

Chicks dig the axe.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Online dating is skewed because far more men try it than women, so naturally the uglier men have little chance. It's a matter of simple numbers..

Even if the numbers were equal, women would still have the upper hand online. Online dating has the ability to shatter the male ego, but it works for me!!!! lol

Even if the numbers were equal, women would still have the upper hand online. Online dating has the ability to shatter the male ego, but it works for me!!!! lol

I think that's true, but it's like that anywhere. A man can be shattered just as easily at work, school, out in public, a bar, etc. if a woman turns him down. Right?

Brilliant as always, S2S!!

I don't know who "has it worse" in today's society. But, with the right makeup, clothing, nutrition, cosmetic and dental surgery, and a personal trainer (and a good attitude!), even the ugliest duckling can become a beautiful swan. Hasn't anyone ever seen the show "Extreme Makeover"?

Brilliant as always, S2S!!

I don't know who "has it worse" in today's society. But, with the right makeup, clothing, nutrition, cosmetic and dental surgery, and a personal trainer (and a good attitude!), even the ugliest duckling can become a beautiful swan. Hasn't anyone ever seen the show "Extreme Makeover"?

This is true, there are few folks out there whom diet and exercise won't raise way up in attractiveness. I'm living proof and have been on both sides of the looks scale several times in life. I think one thing we can all agree on in this thread is that attracting the opposite sex is usually pretty easy for attractive people without huge personality flaws, and that attractiveness is as much a state of mind and effort as anything.

I dunno.. on the surface of it, yes, I would say that unattractive females have it worse than unattractive males. An unattractive male can always compensate with humour, personality, money, charisma, etc..etc.

But, here is the kicker, the male has to DEVELOP these qualities to compensate for his unattractiveness. If he doesn't develop these qualities he is worse than off than the unattractive female.

So, if you are comparing an unattractive male and unattractive female with nothing going for them, then I would say that the unattractive female is better off. Why? Because there are a lot of desperate guys out there, even good looking desperate guys who just want to get laid. So, an unattractive female will have a lot more sex, even with good looking guys than an unattractive male.

I know a few good looking guys who have ended up marrying unattractive females because of their lack of confidence and not thinking they could do better.

I think it's being an unattractive male.

Since women have so many options such as make-up and cosmetic surgery whereas guys can't really cover up blemishes and pimples with foundation or enhance cheek bones with blush.

I mean they could but that's a whole other issue.

Personally I'm quite shallow and blunt, with todays technology nobody has an excuse to be 'ugly'...unless you're poor...then yep that really sucks...

I think unattractive women have it harder, at least when it comes to overall life stuff, like getting a job.

Salem89, what do you mean that women have options such as "cosmetic surgery"? Men have that same option too, but not all men, nor all women, since that is quite expensive.

Do you mean you are "shallow and blunt" because you think that everyone should be able to afford cosmetic surgery, and thereforeeee have no excuse for being "ugly"? And, if one cannot afford it, that means they are "poor"??

Trying to understand, here...

Personally I'm quite shallow and blunt, with todays technology nobody has an excuse to be 'ugly'...unless you're poor...then yep that really sucks...

I could not disagree more with what you just wrote. So basically you are saying, if you think that you are unattractive then you should go to the plastic surgeon and fix it if you have the money????? Let me just say that I would never date a girl who was so insecure with herself that she had to run and fix this or that. That is maybe the most unattractive thing I can think of.

Untrue. Men can use their brain, mouth, and body language to overpower the negative effect of being unattractive. Women can't do this and have to play with the hand their dealt.

ALL of us have to play the hand we're dealt. It's not gender specific or race specific or religion specific or any-other-division-of-the-human-race specific you want to use.

Men can use their brain, mouth, and body language to overpower the negative effect of being unattractive.

Even being a rather unattractive male myself I feel worse for unattractive females because I think men emphasize looks more.

But then again, I find 95%+ of females are attractive enough for me to date. The only thing they really have to worry about is being overweight and this can be fixed most of the time.

I could not disagree more with what you just wrote. So basically you are saying, if you think that you are unattractive then you should go to the plastic surgeon and fix it if you have the money????? Let me just say that I would never date a girl who was so insecure with herself that she had to run and fix this or that. That is maybe the most unattractive thing I can think of.

At least she admitted that she is shallow.

I agree that it is a very insecure person who would go to such lengths on their appearance.

I think cosmetic surgery to an extent is fine but when you have to become a plastic human being to feel attractive then there is really something internally inside of you that should be fixed.

I see girls who have everything fake - hair color, tans, chest, you name it and I can't imagine how much money and time they spend everyday of their lives creating this image. They have every right to go for it and I am sure that for as many people who hate that look there are enough men who do like it but i can't see that making it worthwhile to upkeep.

link removed

I love this article. So funny. Yes, some people who do too much look fake, but doing just a little something subtle can improve your appearance, provided that the doctor is good and you're not having too much done. That said, I wouldn't have plastic surgery unless it is corrective if I (heaven forbid!) get hurt in an accident.

I think it's being an unattractive male.

Since women have so many options such as make-up and cosmetic surgery whereas guys can't really cover up blemishes and pimples with foundation or enhance cheek bones with blush.

I mean they could but that's a whole other issue.

This kind of mentality is what forces young girls into a mold of what is pretty and what is ugly. Who is anyone to say what is ugly? What do young girls use as their guide? Hilton, spears and Lohan?

This is really sad. What is ugly to one person may not be to another. This mindset makes it seem that everyone should look a certain way lest they be classed as ugly.

And with the number of young people on this site alone that stress to the point of depression over their appearance it is a real shame that a young person such as yourself really thinks this way.

But then again, I find 95%+ of females are attractive enough for me to date. The only thing they really have to worry about is being overweight and this can be fixed most of the time.

Believe it or not, there are men who prefer a large...or even a VERY large woman and find that attractive. You may not be one of them, but they exist.

There is a fetish where a male gets his jollies by over-feeding a woman to the point where she gains a lot of weight. There are also women with the complimentary fetish of being "forced" to gain weight. Not sure how common this fetish is, but it's out there. link removed

Just about anything any of you can throw out as being detrimental in the dating/mating game, I can pretty much guarantee you that someone, somewhere LIKES it and finds it attractive. It's just a matter of hooking up with someone who's slinky is kinked in a complimentary way to yours.

That's why this whole trying to figure out who has it "harder" or "easier" thing is pretty much pointless.

When it comes to attraction, you really don't need to attract all, most or even a significant portion of the gender you're attracted to. You need only click with one person (or two or three or whatever your preferred number if you're into polyamory).

People don't need to be "fixed" to be acceptable. Every single one of us is acceptable and fine and lovable as we are, where we are right now. If you do not believe that, I'd suggest you take a good long look at where you're getting your ideas from, and consider changing them to something that's going to serve, uplift and support you...not tear you down.

Archived