What's worse in society, being an unattractive female or unattractive male?

Iceman2007

Woah, woah, woah!

First of all...

I did not know that this post was directed at Ken, I only read the title and skimmed through the discussion then put in my opinion about the issue overall.

Secondly...

Ken, it doesn't matter what I think, my opinion doesn't represent the entire female population, it is one opinion and my honest opinion about your appearance is that yes you may not be what some girls consider attractive but you are absolutely NOT ugly. You're cute, the thing with being attractive is it's not just about being smokin' hot and gorgeous and yadda yadda, when I talk about 'unattractive' people I'm talking about people who stick out as ugly. And we all know that there are people like that, you (Ken) however, are not one of them. It all depends on personal taste as well, I know alot of girls who prefer cute guys over hot ones, thin ones over buff, chubbier ones over thin, etc...Myself I go for the stereotypical macho, sports loving, horny, all-Canadian/American man haha. Sadly enough, I admit my standards are sometimes set too high but you should only take that as a bigger compliment! Haha.

Thirdly...

Confidence is never to blame for someones appearance, the most gorgeous guy or girl on earth could have the lowest confidence but that wouldn't change the fact that they're dead sexy, ditto for unattractives with high confidence. The only thing about confidence is, if you're persistent on it, it can be a major turn off, for me I know it's one of my biggest. I hate guys getting low and criticizing themselves, the first time is okay if they need the reassuring 'Nah, you're fine the way you are...' but after a while of hearing 'I should be working out more I'm pretty fat...I don't know why a girl like you would go for a guy like me...blah...blah...' it gets to a point where I wanna literally knock some sense into them.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll have to agree with you if it's someone crying every night over their nose. But most people really don't need plastic surgery. Sometimes I think the before photos look better than the after photos. I think someone should only take that risk if they REALLY need it.

and thank you.

I'm likely to disagree with most appearance enhancements, but at least they make that effort. It'll win over some people and turn off others...but that's the same with everything I'm sure.

You're very welcome! And yeah personal preference is huge when it comes to talking about attractive and unattractive but I've clearly stated before and I will again, everyone can tell when someone is seriously unattractive, it's pretty straight forward when someone is.

No ken I was not referring to that comment.

"Personally I'm quite shallow and blunt, with todays technology nobody has an excuse to be 'ugly'...unless you're poor...then yep that really sucks... "

What does she mean by excuse ? it is very vague.

Will she descriminate against a person who is ugly. Would she not hire or be friends with an ugly person. I'm not doubting that this is done on subconscious level anyway we all know it is but it is worrying when someone would openly admit and encourage it.

By excuse I mean that there are so many options today that almost everything can be fixed, including looks; this can be done by make-up for instance or plastic surgery, etc. And this has nothing to do with discrimination regarding friendships and jobs this is a conversation purely about appearances, personality is definitely taken account with me, I'm not that stuck up, common now haha.

Ofcourse if you want to call it that but I am more curious to know seems such a blantant remark had been made. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE TO BE UGLY. Dear me if I would dare to question what that might mean.

As for stirring up and argument ! well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

The other problem with being ugly ken is that no one ever wants to listen to what you have to say. Pretty people will always get the spotlight they're always "smart" and clever in the ill informed uneducated conversations.

Funny how discrimination comes up yet a few posts after you have an issue with attractive people getting attention because of their opinions, from what I understand you're saying that attractive people may have their looks going for them but that's all they can ever get by in life and they're usually pretty stupid, talk about stereotypical.

"maybe again because I'm a tad shallow but really if we were to get in a relationship in the middle of sex he's not gonna be like "HEY, KNOCK, KNOCK!!!""

Thats awesome.

Anyway its better to be an ugly man because there are lots of jobs that ONLY ugly men do that pay lots of $$$ so the ugly men can save up and buy the pretty women using cars and houses and "financial security".

Haha thanks. And that's not true at all, jobs and friendships and all that jazz have nothing to do with how ugly or not someone is, unless the job is modeling (although I've seen some pretty gross models), and the friendships are completely superficial (then it's obviously not worth it anyways...just because someone is ugly or pretty doesn't mean they will have more or less "financial security" than the other...wow.

I looked back and realize that I have misread Iceman's OP. I thought he was asking whether unattractive men or women had it harder in attracting the opposite sex, looking back now, I'm not really sure what his specific question was.

My original question was regarding towards dating and finding long-term relationships ending towards marriage. Sex doesn't factor in my question. Unattractive women obviously can get more sex than an unattractive guy. Commitment on the other hand is another big issue.

Ken, it doesn't matter what I think, my opinion doesn't represent the entire female population, it is one opinion and my honest opinion about your appearance is that yes you may not be what some girls consider attractive but you are absolutely NOT ugly.

There is the problem.

But thank you, anyway.

Nice post. I know what you mean about personality. However, looks matter somewhat to me...I tend to not be attracted to overweight men...although thats psychological...I dated an overweight guy with a terrible personality.

Incidentially, its an odd thing... I generally have a lot of men come after me for my looks but when they get to know me after a while they give up. Its good for me because I think my personality isn't a bad one...but its only going to be compatible with very few men. And visa versa. The type of personality that turns me on tends to turn a lot of girls off.

My original question was regarding towards dating and finding long-term relationships ending towards marriage. Sex doesn't factor in my question. Unattractive women obviously can get more sex than an unattractive guy. Commitment on the other hand is another big issue.

Thanks for the clarification Iceman. I don't really have a definite opinion one way or the other on the restated question.

You're very welcome! And yeah personal preference is huge when it comes to talking about attractive and unattractive but I've clearly stated before and I will again, everyone can tell when someone is seriously unattractive, it's pretty straight forward when someone is.

It's difficult for me to see someone as ugly, but easier if they have an awful personality to match. Maybe they don't have a look I like, but I don't think anyone is hideous to every person on the planet. If I think of things objectively I can recognize a look that the majority would be turned off by, though.

But some consider average looking to be ugly, so I tend to be skeptical when someone says "ugly."

There is the problem.

But thank you, anyway.

You'll be hideous to some and beautiful to others, that's the way it is with everyone...I know you've probably been told this so many times but it's true. I'm sure we'd all like to be good looking in the eyes of everyone to fit everyone's tastes but it's just not possible. The good news is we don't even have to associate with people who don't like us.

Nice post. I know what you mean about personality. However, looks matter somewhat to me...I tend to not be attracted to overweight men...although thats psychological...I dated an overweight guy with a terrible personality.

Incidentially, its an odd thing... I generally have a lot of men come after me for my looks but when they get to know me after a while they give up. Its good for me because I think my personality isn't a bad one...but its only going to be compatible with very few men. And visa versa. The type of personality that turns me on tends to turn a lot of girls off.

Ohh same with me. I'm rarely ever compatible with men who pursue me...probably because the type I'm more compatible with doesn't pursue women as much as more extroverted types.

You'll be hideous to some and beautiful to others, that's the way it is with everyone...I know you've probably been told this so many times but it's true. I'm sure we'd all like to be good looking in the eyes of everyone to fit everyone's tastes but it's just not possible. The good news is we don't even have to associate with people who don't like us.

*sigh*...

Yes, but in my case it's likely that the majority of girls find me hideous in one way or another. That leaves me in a predicament.

*sigh*...

Yes, but in my case it's likely that the majority of girls find me hideous in one way or another. That leaves me in a predicament.

do you read what people type or do you just discard it?

some women will find you ugly

some women eill find you cute

in there does it say most women find you ugly.........

you act as if they think you have a penis where your nose is supposed too be, and your hinepotts is surgically implanted on your leg

some women will find you ugly

some women eill find you cute

So it's 50/50. So friggin' what? Am I meant to be happy about this? LMAO.

Brad Pitt (sic) or Jude Law or Colin Farrel or whoever don't have to worry about appealing to the minority of women. Us 'lesser' men do.

I'm not complaining here, just stating the obvious.

*sigh*...

I disagree. So many girls on here tell you how cute you are. You don't know what everyone in real life is thinking.

And I'm willing to bet that if a girl does find you hideous, she most likely has the attitude that most men just can't match her drop dead gorgeousness. You shouldn't want a girl like that, they're just big headaches from what I can tell. I'm betting plenty of attractive women will find you attractive. If you did have an ugly look I'd be telling you something different. You don't look like the can't get a gf type. Something else is holding you back, you should probably know what it is by now...your shyness. I don't think guys can have as much success taking the role of the woman by waiting to be approached.

Brad Pitt (sic) or Jude Law or Colin Farrel or whoever don't have to worry about appealing to the minority of women. Us 'lesser' men do.

/scratches nuts

/makes cup of coffee

/wipes behind

/sits on toliet taking a number 2 eating bowl of cereal

some women find them attractive some women dont..........if you want a beautiful women act like it and carry yourself as a confident individual, this i had too learn the hard way and im still learning.

you will never, and i mean never have it as hard as i had it, my mother almost had me sent too a psych ward, beacuse my nerves were so bad about this issue. i started throwing fits, and going into rage breaking things, and keeping butcher knives in my window seal.....it all related too why i cant find someone.

you have too be confident, and believe in yourself. and know you can achieve greatness. If i can go from throwin vaccum cleaners 40 feet in the air, keeping knives in the window seal, pointing knives at my head just trying too push it in and get it over with, im pretty sure that most people can do it.

the same way you felt about this issue is the same way i felt and it lead me too all that i just typed......

/sits back on toilet

/poops

/drinks coffee

/wipes butt

/sleeps on toilet

brb 4 hrs

Well if you compare yourself to movie stars like Brad Pitt or Colin Farrel then you're always gonna feel ugly. Hell that's like me comparing myself to Jessica Alba or Eva Longoria. If I did that I'd never think my appearance was adequate for humanity haha. Comparing yourself to others always ends up poorly and plus, I think you're worrying way too much about this, it's not an issue for you, you're not Quasemoto...no idea how to spell that haha.

Hey a 50/50 chance isn't bad. That's how I see my own odds.

These men appeal to women because they're celebrities. I can't really think of anyone in real life who gets all the girls from his looks alone. Maybe he was the star of the football team or whatever, since status attracts a lot of girls. There's always something else. The same guy could display other less "cool" qualities or interests and he won't be popular with those girls.

I disagree. So many girls on here tell you how cute you are. You don't know what everyone in real life is thinking.

And I'm willing to bet that if a girl does find you hideous, she most likely has the attitude that most men just can't match her drop dead gorgeousness. You shouldn't want a girl like that, they're just big headaches from what I can tell. I'm betting plenty of attractive women will find you attractive. If you did have an ugly look I'd be telling you something different. You don't look like the can't get a gf type. Something else is holding you back, you should probably know what it is by now...your shyness. I don't think guys can have as much success taking the role of the woman by waiting to be approached.

Less than 100 females think I'm attractive... out of about 2.5 billion worldwide. Great.

You girls don't represent the entire female population. And hey, at the end of the day you could all be lying

I can read minds, anyway

Hey a 50/50 chance isn't bad. That's how I see my own odds.

These men appeal to women because they're celebrities. I can't really think of anyone in real life who gets all the girls from his looks alone. Maybe he was the star of the football team or whatever, since status attracts a lot of girls. There's always something else. The same guy could display other less "cool" qualities or interests and he won't be popular with those girls.

No. They appeal to women because of their LOOKS. Come on, if Farrel was a carrot top, would he melt ladies' hearts? Unlikely.

And guys THAT good looking DO exist in real life, before you say. And yes, they get girlfriends before they reach age of thirty...

/scratches nuts

/makes cup of coffee

/wipes behind

/sits on toliet taking a number 2 eating bowl of cereal

some women find them attractive some women dont..........if you want a beautiful women act like it and carry yourself as a confident individual, this i had too learn the hard way and im still learning.

you will never, and i mean never have it as hard as i had it, my mother almost had me sent too a psych ward, beacuse my nerves were so bad about this issue. i started throwing fits, and going into rage breaking things, and keeping butcher knives in my window seal.....it all related too why i cant find someone.

you have too be confident, and believe in yourself. and know you can achieve greatness. If i can go from throwin vaccum cleaners 40 feet in the air, keeping knives in the window seal, pointing knives at my head just trying too push it in and get it over with, im pretty sure that most people can do it.

the same way you felt about this issue is the same way i felt and it lead me too all that i just typed......

/sits back on toilet

/poops

/drinks coffee

/wipes butt

/sleeps on toilet

brb 4 hrs

Well if you compare yourself to movie stars like Brad Pitt or Colin Farrel then you're always gonna feel ugly. Hell that's like me comparing myself to Jessica Alba or Eva Longoria. If I did that I'd never think my appearance was adequate for humanity haha. Comparing yourself to others always ends up poorly and plus, I think you're worrying way too much about this, it's not an issue for you, you're not Quasemoto...no idea how to spell that haha.

I can't help but compare myself to other guys. It's... in my nature.

Less than 100 females think I'm attractive... out of about 2.5 billion worldwide. Great.

You girls don't represent the entire female population. And hey, at the end of the day you could all be lying

I can read minds, anyway

No. They appeal to women because of their LOOKS. Come on, if Farrel was a carrot top, would he melt ladies' hearts? Unlikely.

And guys THAT good looking DO exist in real life, before you say. And yes, they get girlfriends before they reach age of thirty...

I can't help but compare myself to other guys. It's... in my nature.

you go from not being able too talk too women, and being a shy man too being able too talk too women but not asking them out on a date

you are blind and cant see that your making improvement

/fixes bowl of sugar oats

/sits back on toliet

/reads newspaper

seriously ken, im coming off the toliet too help you..............

You haven't polled 2.5 billion people and you know it.

I do think guys can look like that in real life, aside from all the makeup and airbrushing and whatever else they do to these celebrities. But I think a guy needs something else other than those looks or he's going to get one headache of a woman.

If Brad Pitt wasn't a celebrity, and he moped around all the time thinking he was a loser while he was pushing his cart in the grocery store, do you think many girls would approach him? I'm not really convinced they would.

Salem,

I never said good looking people are stupid. I said when they are stupid they tend to get away with it a lot more.

If you want to argue that good looking people don't get more job offers or get paid more thats your principle for you to stand by but you might find that what I speak of is an established fact. I don't believe it is a simple as being good looking will get you a job, but it is a factor that is always there lurking in the background.

I do think guys can look like that in real life, aside from all the makeup and airbrushing and whatever else they do to these celebrities. But I think a guy needs something else other than those looks or he's going to get one headache of a woman.

If Brad Pitt wasn't a celebrity, and he moped around all the time thinking he was a loser while he was pushing his cart in the grocery store, do you think many girls would approach him? I'm not really convinced they would.

movies have made him glorified. all of the women jump on the bandwagon. just like johnny depp. haven't you seen him off screne without makeup on? he looks old ladies. like real old. maybe cause he is old.

movies have made him glorified. all of the women jump on the bandwagon. just like johnny depp. haven't you seen him off screne without makeup on? he looks old ladies. like real old. maybe cause he is old.

Don't diss the Depp, Depp is amazing, he's not gorgeous but he has that rugged yet childlike and mysterious thing going for him...oh and for his age, I think he looks damn fine. Watch out George Clooney...

Reluctantly, I'm going to put my mug up on that stupid "Hot or Not" website. Perhaps I won't get 2.5 billion votes, but a few hundred won't hurt.

He would turn heads, and have girls smiling at him left right and center. That is what matters.

Says ghost, the self-confessed "Good-looking guy", who's probably superior to Pitt and Depp put together.

This Thread is for unattractive guys to have their say, ghost. Shew!!!

yeah...I don't like Brad Pitt's look but I do like Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow. I just like that makeup on a guy for some odd reason. lol But it would probably look very strange in real life. and I haven't seen him looking old but I imagine he does.

Archived