Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 142 of 169 FirstFirst ... 139140141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1688

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

  1. #1411
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,391
    I don't truly believe I have it. If I do it means I somehow got infected while grocery shopping, at the laundromat or at the doctor's office. I have not gone to a restaurant, have not visited anyone or had anyone visit me, I have not gone bowling or to a theme park. I would have somehow picked it up from someone while they walked past me or something. And I am wiping everything down, washing my hands very frequently, wearing a mask and showering and changing when I return home from errands. If I somehow got it, I would really want to explore how.

  2. #1412
    Platinum Member reinventmyself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    11,184
    Gender
    Female
    I had a sore throat yesterday and feeling tired. I woke up today feeling better.
    Sooo. . .what does one do when getting an appointment in CA is a few days away and the results come back in 10 days or longer? By that time it's run it's course.
    Do I lock down everytime I feel funny? It's not that I really go anywhere anyway. This is the second time since March I had a day or two that I didn't feel well. That would be considered normal in the course of a 4 month period.

  3. #1413
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,391
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I had a sore throat yesterday and feeling tired. I woke up today feeling better.
    Sooo. . .what does one do when getting an appointment in CA is a few days away and the results come back in 10 days or longer? By that time it's run it's course.
    Do I lock down everytime I feel funny? It's not that I really go anywhere anyway. This is the second time since March I had a day or two that I didn't feel well. That would be considered normal in the course of a 4 month period.
    That's a great question.

    I have thyroid disease, high blood pressure and I've had major abdominal surgery. I am on medication for the first two conditions, but routinely I feel crappy at least half the month. I am almost always fatigued. I don't tend to run a fever but I have runny nose, sore throat and body aches frequently. How do we know if it's just how we normally feel? Or just a simple cold?

    A top Nascar driver was just diagnosed. He had no symptoms and his wife, who also tested positive, had "allergy" symptoms. Well, so do I, at least a few times a month.

    It's frustrating... they really don't know what the symptoms are. No one seems to. And they keep adding to the list. It used to be a cough, fever, difficulty breathing and chills and then they added body aches, fatigue and sore throat. And then of course the wild card of "asymptomatic" and "pre-symptomatic".

    In other words, no one knows. Which is why extensive testing is recommended. But what if you test negative and then get exposed a week later?

    Gah!

  4. #1414
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    38,064
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    That's a great question.

    I have thyroid disease, high blood pressure and I've had major abdominal surgery. I am on medication for the first two conditions, but routinely I feel crappy at least half the month. I am almost always fatigued. I don't tend to run a fever but I have runny nose, sore throat and body aches frequently. How do we know if it's just how we normally feel? Or just a simple cold?

    A top Nascar driver was just diagnosed. He had no symptoms and his wife, who also tested positive, had "allergy" symptoms. Well, so do I, at least a few times a month.

    It's frustrating... they really don't know what the symptoms are. No one seems to. And they keep adding to the list. It used to be a cough, fever, difficulty breathing and chills and then they added body aches, fatigue and sore throat. And then of course the wild card of "asymptomatic" and "pre-symptomatic".

    In other words, no one knows. Which is why extensive testing is recommended. But what if you test negative and then get exposed a week later?

    Gah!
    That is Jimmie Johnson, one of my sonís favs.

  5.  

  6. #1415
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,391
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    That is Jimmie Johnson, one of my sonís favs.
    He was so distraught over how to continue to parent their two young children. I don't know how they are managing it, but it's got to be so very difficult to have to explain to your children why you can't hug them or feed them or put them to bed. Heartbreaking.

  7. #1416
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    38,064
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    He was so distraught over how to continue to parent their two young children. I don't know how they are managing it, but it's got to be so very difficult to have to explain to your children why you can't hug them or feed them or put them to bed. Heartbreaking.
    I saw that. :(

  8. #1417
    Platinum Member Snny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,434
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Good luck with your test. If it helps, 90% of patients who tested positive had fever and severe headaches as the first symptoms. I have allergies, have had a cold recently but have not been tested for corona.
    Thank you for hopeful words. I now just have a hacking cough. No other symptoms so far. Over the counter allergy medication is helping.

    It's frustrating... they really don't know what the symptoms are. No one seems to. And they keep adding to the list. It used to be a cough, fever, difficulty breathing and chills and then they added body aches, fatigue and sore throat. And then of course the wild card of "asymptomatic" and "pre-symptomatic".
    Thatís the scary part. The only lifestyle change I made in the last 10 days was that I returned to the gym to start personally train (wore a mask the entire time) and swam laps at the local outdoor pool (They minimize patrons for one hour slots). I think the outdoors of breathing in chlorine and pollen caused it, but who knows???

    My doctor hinted that what I may have is allergies but now... possessing any kind of respiratory symptoms = testing. I have no qualms with being tested, but the fact that suggestion came up has me on alert.

    The only thing that slightly comforts me is that if I have it, I still have a high chance of surviving it. My husband made it through. I have no pre-medical conditions. The survival rate of COVID is actually higher than childbirth (and I lived through that hell). As long as I have very mild symptoms, I know I will be fine.
    Last edited by Snny; 07-08-2020 at 06:49 PM.

  9. #1418
    Forum Supporter Fudgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    15,449
    Gender
    Female
    Honestly, I wish everyone could get testing like I do. I work in a place with vulnerable patients and I do direct care so I need to be tested once a week and I have been doing this for weeks now.

    I've had the rare allergy symptom. Once I over-exerted myself physically and then I felt feverish for a while, temp was at 100.2 for a few hours. It passed without meds, I got tested (for work) and it came back negative.

    It really does provide me such a piece of mind. I'm less worried about myself getting it but I worry about spreading it. I am not discontinuing the precautions by any means but getting tested regularly is a huge source of anxiety relief for me.

  10. #1419
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    38,064
    Gender
    Female
    I can go to our community centre to be tested. Anyone in the city can. But I have had zero symptoms of anything so I donít want to waste a test. I am working now and a little afraid but ...

  11. #1420
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,391
    Here we have so many patients in the hospitals we are being told we are only permitted to be tested if we have symptoms, are high risk or work in a front line job. I'm really glad I booked my test last week, otherwise I would have to wait indefinitely.


Videos


Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •