LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does my wife do this?

Why does my wife do this?

We were about to watch one of our shows together. At the time, the remote was misplaced (fell in between the cushions) and she “couldn’t find it”. So she sat on the opposite end of the couch, pouted and turned the show on her phone. I asked her what she was doing and she was like “watching it on my phone because I can’t find the remote.....” with so much attitude. What about me? I want to watch it, too. Why didn’t she ask me for help to look for it? I ended up finding it in 5 seconds.. She does snooty stuff like this all the time. I try to communicate with her and ask what the issue is and she always gets mad. Need some advice!
    Last edited by Plzhelp123; 07-20-2019 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Spelling

Silver Member
    Sounds like she is simply moody. She probably gets frustrated easily and doesn’t have much patience!

Has she ever asked you not to leave the remote on the couch? The problem can be solved by agreeing to leave it on the coffee table or somewhere else more convenient to the next person. She should be addressing the issue with you and requesting some solution that works for the both of you instead of watching it on her phone.

I have a feeling the issue(s) run deeper than just a misplaced remote....

Unfortunately if she can’t communicate better with you, your marriage may be in trouble.

That’s exactly how I feel.

Originally Posted by Plzhelp123
    That’s exactly how I feel.

Originally Posted by Carus
    I have a feeling the issue(s) run deeper than just a misplaced remote....

Unfortunately if she can’t communicate better with you, your marriage may be in trouble.
    That’s exactly what I think

I'm a bit confused. Has it always been this way or was she once a good communicator? The example here about the remote is not a very complex matter and doesn't require a lot of thought or problem solving or communication. How did either of you date or come to any understandings before you were married or in the earlier part of your marriage? What happened in the break down of communication or understanding?

Lots of passive-aggressive nonsense and hostility going on. Why would she have to ask you to look for a remote? Maybe you should get another tv and separate remotes so you can each watch whatever you want whenever you want. Marriage therapy may help you start communicating like adults again.
    Originally Posted by Plzhelp123
    I asked her what she was doing and she was like “watching it on my phone because I can’t find the remote.....” Why didn’t she ask me for help to look for it? I ended up finding it in 5 seconds.

Yikes that is not good. I'd be checkin that phone of hers.

Platinum Member
    My wife is like this. She gets utterly frustrated with anything slightly annoying. Her reaction is over the top or abandoning of effort, Plus, it annoys her even more if I solve it in moments.

If it has a technological angle, good luck.

She thinks I'm trying to make her feel like a five-year-old instead of just being helpful.

It's a lose/lose situation with people like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice