Ending a Good Relationship Over Sex Issues?

yeezuscrust

My girlfriend and I have been together for three years (we are 22), and everything has been perfect except sex and passion. We click so well, love each other's families, and have been planning on moving in together at the end of the year. But our sex has always been an issue. She doesn't find me sexually attractive and has little-to-no sex drive. She has always been like this, and it's not just me. She has always been uncomfortable with sex with her previous partners, and can't figure out why. It's not that we don't have great sex every once in a while, it's just that there's no desire on her end.

Recently this issue has become, well, an issue. It's straining us. And right now she's deciding on whether or not she should end this relationship. Part of her never wants to leave me. Part of her wants me to find someone that can fulfill that need. Part of her wonders if she will ever be able to find an enjoyable sex life, and though everything else is perfect, it doesn't seem to be with me.

She's going to start therapy for the issue next week, but she's still not sure if she's going to leave me. I put the choice up to her, because frankly, I don't want to leave her. Yes, sex is the issue, but I guess I have hope that it's something psychological (because it isn't just with me) and it can be worked out.

What should be the next move? I don't want to live without her, but right now she isn't sure what the best option is.

P.S. She's not cheating emotionally of physically. She literally has no time and is super against it.

She might want to see an endocrinologist or a gynecologist to find out if she has too much estrogen and not enough testosterone. T has been found to be a miracle drug for some women. They went from having no sex drive to now enjoying sex. Not a lot of doctors seem to know about it. Therapy will only work if it's a psychological issue, especially if she was abused as a child. She should be tested just to make sure therapy is the right course for her.

Does your girlfriend have a disbalance in hormones maybe? Women tend to have little to no sex drive when their having a disbalance. If she says she loves you and she's even making the effort to go to therapy to fix her issue then maybe also advice she gets a checkup just to make sure all her hormones are in place. Shes either going through a huge hormonal disbalance, or she's just falling out of love with you even though everything else seems to be perfect. That happened to me with my very first bf, I fell out of love which is hard and not something I can explain because he was great but I loved him in a different light. It's normal and its also highly possible that happend here also.

or she's just falling out of love with you even though everything else seems to be perfect. That happened to me with my very first bf, I fell out of love which is hard and not something I can explain because he was great but I loved him in a different light. It's normal and its also highly possible that happend here also.

The issue here is that she's never felt a sex drive, not even during our honey-moon phase. So I can't necessarily see it as a symptom of falling out of love.

Archived