Why do people ask when we are getting married?

wai

Ive been dating my boyfriend for only about 10 months and a lot of my friends and his friends know this but they always ask when we are getting married. Withitn 3 days, we get that questions 3 times from 3 different people. One is a total stranger who knows nothing about our relationship. The other two are out mutual friends. everytime we gets that it makes me very uncomfortable because i dont know the answer. So i just look at my bf and he usually step in and say we're not sure yet.

I totally understand how you feel...I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half the questions about us tying the knot are incessant. From my parents, his parents...friends...his mother calls me her future daughter in law...you get the point lol.

I just laugh it off, try to be polite, but don't read too much into it. At the end of the day it's my boyfriend and I in a relationship and no one else. It's our business when and if we decide to take the next step.

Why does it make you feel so uncomfortable is the real question. It shouldn't. People probably see you as a nice couple etc.

Don't even think about it until WELL past the Honeymoon phase (like a year after, so in about 2 years or so).

You guys are doing fine. Relax

Hey there, I am 28 and I am not married... I don't believe marriage is tied to an age... just saying

See, the whole thread was about why people ask her if she's getting married and how it irritates her and then I asked her and.... Awwwww just forget it. Ruins the joke if you have to explain it.

I don't understand why it would make you feel uncomfortable... I take you have underlying feelingings that you don't see it going that far?

If someone asked me if just be like "not for a while" or something similar.

Its a totally normalquestion for people to ask a couple that seem happy...

I don't understand why it would make you feel uncomfortable... I take you have underlying feelingings that you don't see it going that far?

If someone asked me if just be like "not for a while" or something similar.

Its a totally normalquestion for people to ask a couple that seem happy...

It makes me feel uncomfortable as in, i had no answer when they asked. And im a little traditional in a sense that my bf should be the one proposing me. I guess it just makes me feel awkward because the question was asked infront of my bf. Not because i dont see us together for a long time. Honestly, he's the first bf i see myself marrying.

It comes with the territory. Something to get use to. Don't let their judgement pressure you.

I dated my husband for awhile and got engaged on our 7th year- we didn't marry until after 10 years of being together. The S* people said when finding out about the length of or relationship, yet most of their relationships/marriages didn't last as long as ours. The speculations were much worse when I moved to the South, and it was common for people under 25 to marry there.

Just keep doing your thing.

No one ever asked us that.

However, when single, there were a few brave souls who would ask me that question. Depending on my humour at the time (and the person) I had a few conversation freezers.

"Whisper.....I'm never getting married because I have been having an affair for years with Mrs. X's husband on Elm Street. You know the man I mean. Yeh. He's 70, but what the heck"..

Archived