10 pounds in 45 days? Here I come!

Yesterday I started my new diet regimen.

A while back, in March-May, I underwent an extensive change in diet and started to exercise intensely. I went from 128-113 in less than 45 days. Two months later, I stopped and started eating normally again. Now I weigh 119-120 and hope to start cardio, walking long distances and HIT again. I hope to get to 110 in the next 45 days.

Will be posting what I eat daily, and my exercise routines.

If anyone's also hoping to lose weight for christmas, it's a good time to start now!

I hope to stick this out until Christmas.

Today's breakfast:

Smoothie of half a small banana, baby spinach, kale, half an orange, kiwifruit and a few blueberries- less than 150 cals.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just went to the doctor today and he wants 10lbs off in the next two months. I had gotten some weight off this summer only to put it on in Sept. So I will join you in spirit and in intent...though I will be off on vacation for 3 of the weeks, so I really got to focus!

Oh I'll be sure to.

Last time when I did it, i used Myfitnesspal daily and my nutrient levels (Vit C, A, Protein) were over what was recommended daily.

I just stopped eating bread and rice, carbs like pasta/noodles and reduced my meat intake, replaced sugar with stevia and stopped snacking on chocolate and chips. Had lots of greens and Yoghurt lol.

I'm 5'7. My mum is nearly 2 inches taller, and is 110lbs. Sigh

Yesterday I started my new diet regimen.

A while back, in March-May, I underwent an extensive change in diet and started to exercise intensely. I went from 128-113 in less than 45 days. Two months later, I stopped and started eating normally again. Now I weigh 119-120 and hope to start cardio, walking long distances and HIT again. I hope to get to 110 in the next 45 days.

I am in personal training. A couple things to point out:

*110 is extremely low, weight wise. What you should be calculating is your Body Mass Index for accurate results. I have personally trained with a girl who was 90lbs, but most of her body was composed of fat rather than muscle. By her BMI ratio, she was obese with 30% body fat.

* Your body weight will plateau within the first couple months of working out because you are building muscle. That is perfectly normal. In addition to calculating BMI, you should be measuring your body and keep a measuring chart every weekly. Because if your weight doesn't change, your measurements will accurately inform you if you have lost or gained weight.

* don't just stick with cardio for your workouts. This is the #1 mistake I see women doing because of misconceptions they have about weight training. Weight lifting tones and strengths muscles and bones that it can prevent bone marrow cancer later in life. Cardio like running/Zumba also only tone legs; fat will shift around in places of your body that isn't being worked out (I've had it shift to my back, and it sucks!). If you want to have faster results, you should weight train in combination with cardio. If you got a gym membership that has an indoor pool, I highly recommend doing laps once a week because it works out your entire body. I have lost 12lbs this summer from swimming 4 days a week in one month compared to running because I was using my whole body to move.

* depending on your workout, you will consume more calories. Portion eating (serving amount measurements by 1/4 - 1 cup) is much more effective than counting calories. I've lost more because of it. I had friends who did 21 Day Fix that lost weight.

Haha I don't mind, still lighter than I was in Feb and start of March.

Not surprised about the weight gain-I have a big appetite for a female and bf is a foodie so it's hard to resist.

Lunch:

Soy and linseed wrap (half a tomato, baby spinach, coleslaw (with no dressing), manuka smoked ham, egg white (boiled, just removed yolk) and pickled cabbage.

I did a lot of dieting/different diets when I had a mild eating disorder many years ago. I had to re-learn how to eat normally and re-learn how to focus on my body's hunger and fullness cues. For me the best approach to weight maintenance or more minor weight loss like you are referring to is to experiment with lifestyle/habit changes that I can make over the long term even if they are small at first. It's hard to find that right balance between healthful eating and not feeling too deprived so that you slip back into old ways but it's worth the effort I've found.

I had to make dietary changes 3 months ago not for weight loss but the result was weight loss (minor, I don't need to lose weight) - the first 2-3 weeks were difficult because I cut out all mindless eating of sweets between meals. The amount of food didn't add up to much but it's a bad habit and of course my body doesn't need that extra junk. It also got me back to recognizing real hunger between meals (I still eat a bit between meals but it has to be healthful choices).

I do think that jumpstart weight loss diets for a minor amount can work great for a specific goal -reunion/party, etc but I don't think it works as a long term solution and I have heard that the weight on/off can be harmful to overall health.

I do wish you luck -sounds like great and delicious food choices!

Down a pound...off booze, white flour and white sugar.

Eating to live....not living to eat (saving that for France)!

You can still drink booze & lose weight mhowe. Alcohol itself does not have many calories. Spirits, neat, are 80 a shot. Low-carb beer less than 120. It's just that people add so many things to their drink & on top of that eat while they drink. The body will focus on burning the alcohol first instead of the other crap which gets stored as fat.

]I use water or coconut water normally. If it's a berry smoothie, I had greek yoghurt and trim milk.

My costs vary, but they arent super crazy. I don't live in the States so our food costs are already 2.5 times higher though.

Yesterday's breakfast:

Boiled egg

Part of a small pita bread (wholemeal) stuffed with half a tomato and some pickled veges.

A small bowl of tomato, spinach and mushroom soup

One very small chicken drumstick (with skin) - really bland though cos there's no seasoning or sauces.

Lunch/afternoon tea:

Small portion of tomato and bokchoy stirfry.

Dinner:

Went out to dinner :S

Sigh...Not good.

Walked for an hour this morning.

Might make an eggwhite omelette with tomato, spring onions and pepper.

Thinking of eating abit of tuna maybe. Will report back.

Good job mhowe!! Carbs like pasta, noodles and rice are filling but does bloat us up. I haven't had it for nearly a week. Feel ok so far. I'm gonna weigh myself in a week. Hopefully I'll be down a pound.

Today's aim is to stick below 950 calories and also do an hour of cardio + hit

I should stop eating and using pita bread and wraps too. Pita bread is around 113-6 cals each but the carb numbers are high.

I worked out if I eat 850-900 cals on an average 5 days and relax for 2, I should be able to lose at a steady rate.

I'm going to try to burn at least 300 cals from exercise a day.

Anything under 1200 calories a day starts to compromise your basic bodily needs for metabolic function at rest.

Add 300 cals burned each day and you've moving into dangerous territory.

LOW CAL diet plans are not healthy.

Plug in your stats and see how much you need to eat in calories (and note their warnings). You are pushing yourself even harder than what they warn against (extreme fat loss):

The only thing missing from this calculator is that if you are a normal or lower-than normal weight and want to lose more fat, it should stop you and say, "YOU DON'T NEED TO LOSE MORE, STOP PLUGGING IN NUMBERS AND SEE A THERAPIST."

Yeah, I know this is going to sound negative but this sounds sooo bad for your metabolism. Dropping weight and gaining it like that, then dropping it again quickly, it teaches your body to cling on to fat and it destroys your poor muscles.

And like TOV, the calorie restrictions to me seem really alarming. If you aren't getting enough calories, you body literally starts eating itself. Gross, I know, but is weight loss worth that? It can cause real damage.

And like TOV, the calorie restrictions to me seem really alarming. If you aren't getting enough calories, you body literally starts eating itself. Gross, I know, but is weight loss worth that? It can cause real damage.

And it will also cause your brain to tell your body to lose fat more slowly in the future, because it knows that it needs to cling on to the bit it has. Your body wants to have some reserves in case the apocalypse comes and you have to survive. So it will not stand for you losing fat so easily. It'll teach your body to not let go of it, and this actually will become your new metabolic setpoint.

Oh yeah I'm aware of that, don't worry.

I keep my cals lower, cos I find it works for me. I didn't have any major issues last time and this time I'm eating better anyway. Just fyi nutrition levels are always over my recommended daily intake. I keep track of my intake on myfitnesspal and I think I eat a lot healthier than most people these days. I'm just cutting out adding sugar (replacing it with stevia) and not using too much salt or oil. I am fully aware of all the nutritional information. Last time when I went on my diet, I approached it from a more heath conscious pov. I didn't crash diet and as a result, had more glowing skin and better stamina as well.

Had a boiled egg white (without yolk)

Smoothie of mixed berries, kiwifruit, banana, apple, kale, spinach, pear.

Salad of tomato and cucumber.

Made a stirfry of eggplant, peppers, broccoli, spring onion, carrot and celery and will be having it around 4pm my time (so after 2 hours). Went really low on the oil but seasoned it well so should be alright.

You can still drink booze & lose weight mhowe. Alcohol itself does not have many calories. Spirits, neat, are 80 a shot. Low-carb beer less than 120. It's just that people add so many things to their drink & on top of that eat while they drink. The body will focus on burning the alcohol first instead of the other crap which gets stored as fat.

But alcohol spikes blood sugar, which creates a surge of insulin, which is not a healthy pattern to get into and can lead to sugar-handling/weight gain diseases over time.

Ok. It just didn't make sense to me. I'm 5'2 and need more calories than that, even while in a weight loss phase. I would call my activity level moderate: weights a few times a week, and some swimming or other cardio. When I want to lose a few pounds, I add more activity and don't drop the calories that much. But that's me.

When you were eating not on the weight loss plan, were you exercising at all?

No I used to do exercise for at least an hour a day. But after I stopped my diet...I stopped the exercise. I started eating lots of carbs and went alil crazy on the chip eating (for some reason). My bf and I eat out a lot, and though I walk around town...Bc I eat more like a guy lol...It was eventually going to cause me to gain abit.

This time I'm going to eat less starchy products and replace it with more nutritional veges and fruits. Will be buying some fish, to steam and bake it in the coming days.

Archived