10 pounds in 45 days? Here I come!

And it will also cause your brain to tell your body to lose fat more slowly in the future, because it knows that it needs to cling on to the bit it has. Your body wants to have some reserves in case the apocalypse comes and you have to survive. So it will not stand for you losing fat so easily. It'll teach your body to not let go of it, and this actually will become your new metabolic setpoint.

Yeah I read up on it as well. When I commit to something, I get pretty informed about it.

I'm definitely not the fad diet, diet tea type of girl.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I save money when I eat healthily. What I stock up on are: dry beans and lentils, eggs, greek yogurt, frozen berries, rice, steel cut oats, slivered almonds ($7.00 bag lasts about 4 months) and my produce basics: onions, garlic, cilantro, ginger, serranos, tomatoes, sweet potatoes. I keep a box of frozen veg burgers for emergencies (usually lasts 3-4 months) and I freeze the beans and lentils after cooking (lasts 4 months because when you cook those it's a lot!)

Don't have time to cook? Cook a lot and freeze it.

I love meat but I don't neeeeeed it.

Good job, mhowe. Keep it up.

Hope you see a loss soon, Hazy.

Yall keep posting!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10757[/ATTACH]

Example picture ^^^

basically my meal plan for the week..i sometimes switch up the meats

i stick to chicken,turkey,beef, salmon depends on what i feel like making.

i also always have 4 egg whites, and toast for breakfast every morning

things i cut out where fast food,soda,juices...junk food

i still have my pizza on fridays and i still drink a little bit of vodka

i work out with weights 4 days a week and little bit of cardio

ive been doing this since the end of July and ive lost 35 pounds

I have built a lot of muscle too

my gf basically same thing and lost 25

what im trying to say is me and my gf went for a life style change this time

around and just tried to start eating healthy foods that we enjoyed and cut

the bad stuff out for good. very low calories isnt the best for everyone

it didnt work for me. But whatever works for anyone else. go for it.

I need to start watching my cals again. I lost two stone with myfitnesspal (reccomend that site) and then kind of fell out of it when the page wouldn't load for me for a while. Which is a terrible reason, but I haven't gained much back (two pounds over the year) I just want to lose another stone/stone and a half.

I'm 5' 2", and I lost 10lbs in a month last feb, and that was because I basically had a panic attack that lasted a month, made me feel like I was dying, and ended up with me back in the gp's. Slower is definitely better.

I am like Doc Blaze, I eat high protein, low simple carbs. I eat a lot of eggs/egg whites, chicken, shrimp, fish (like haddock), steak, etc. I'll have a little rice or potatoes once in a while. I've cut out soda completely and I don't buy snack foods other than popcorn once in a while. I like fresh fruit and steamed vegetables. I also don't eat pasta anymore but that's okay, I make a tasty substitute (baked crab casserole) that satisfies that.

Find something you can stick with. I cringe when I see people order just a salad with no protein or anything substantive on it for a meal. That's not a meal! You're going to feel hungry and/or tired later and then you'll be more likely to crash and binge. If you're going to have a salad for a meal, have some protein on it (shrimp/chicken), plus some nuts/beans too, or get a cup of hearty soup or chili to go along with your salad.

It's all about the lifestyle changes and finding something that you can stick with, for long term or life. It's better to modify your lifestyle for good and indulge once in a while than to be 99% "perfect" for a few months before you crash and go back to bad habits.

You can still drink booze & lose weight mhowe. Alcohol itself does not have many calories. Spirits, neat, are 80 a shot. Low-carb beer less than 120. It's just that people add so many things to their drink & on top of that eat while they drink. The body will focus on burning the alcohol first instead of the other crap which gets stored as fat.

I am sure that's inaccurate on the effect of alcohol on digestion/burning the alcohol first. It's empty calories and often triggers poor eating. I have heard that a small amount of red wine can be healthful. Check the recent U.S. News Aug. 2015 article -opposite analysis of what is written in this post.

Hazy, have you considered during volumetric eating?

It helps people to feel more "full" when they are trying to lose weight. In addition to your protein, focus on eating lots of soups (low calorie that is, and watch the salt) and leafy greens and vegetables with your meals, particularly to start your meals. You'll find that you eat less overall in terms of calories and you'll feel more satisfied.

Breakfast/lunch

Two egg whites

A tiny bit of steamed broccoli

Afternoon tea:

Orange

A tiny bit of stir-fried pork.

Dinner:

Tomato

Onions

8 oz silverside beef (pan fried)

I can imagine that adds up to way less than 1000 calories. I would never be able to live off just that in conjunction with exercising daily, sounds like way too little to be eating in a day but that's just my opinion..

I am sure that's inaccurate on the effect of alcohol on digestion/burning the alcohol first. It's empty calories and often triggers poor eating. I have heard that a small amount of red wine can be healthful. Check the recent U.S. News Aug. 2015 article -opposite analysis of what is written in this post.

No it isn't. The alcohol must be burned off first by the body, before it can then burn stored fat (if in ketosis) or any other macro-nutrient you just ate along with it.

No it isn't. The alcohol must be burned off first by the body, before it can then burn stored fat (if in ketosis) or any other macro-nutrient you just ate along with it.

Right and the result is not as you stated -it is bad for weight loss, not positive. I agree with the recent article. And of course it is empty calories and can trigger more eating/overeating. We can agree to disagree.

I can imagine that adds up to way less than 1000 calories. I would never be able to live off just that in conjunction with exercising daily, sounds like way too little to be eating in a day but that's just my opinion..

this is why the cycle of these diets continue...

ive done it before. i literally felt awful and tired...thats why i personally went a different route this time

Breakfast/lunch

Two egg whites

A tiny bit of steamed broccoli

Afternoon tea:

Orange

A tiny bit of stir-fried pork.

Dinner:

Tomato

Onions

8 oz silverside beef (pan fried)

Honestly, I would reccommend using the myfitnesspal website and measuring your food. Then you will know how many calories you're getting. And how many you're burning off in exercise. Eating too little will have you losing weight, until you either get an eating disorder and make yourself ill, or your system rebels and you gorge.

Oh I already use Myfitnesspal everyday.

Breakfast:

Smoothie: Chunk of banana, a kiwifruit, some mixed berries, 3 pieces of apple, handful of baby spinach, half cup of kale

Pita bread with pickled veges and abit of grilled beef.

Egg white

Lunch/Afternoon tea:

5 Strawberries

Abit of celery and tofu stir fry

Spinach, cucumber and tomato salad (used vinegar/soy sauce and abit of stevia)

Dinner:

Hotpot

Oh and I'm now 116.8 lbs! Yay, down from 120.

Haven't been exercising as much as before (besides walking around the place).

From tomorrow onwards I'm going to do an hour of cardio or HIT 4 times a week.

It's a bit worrying that your 5'7 and only 116.8 lbs.. You're already underweight for your height and you want to keep losing?!?!

I'm not that underweight, just average and I know plenty of people my height or taller that are several pounds lighter, and all of us look healthy. I don't live in the States, so maybe the body types where you are are heavier, but there's nothing wrong with my weight relative to my height. Hell my health's great, I get sick once a year and can walk a whole day without breaking a sweat.

I even asked my doctor the last time I saw him and he said as long as I keep above 110 I'm fine. We had a convo on nutrition and he didn't freak out so relax. O_o...

k meal for today:

Breakfast/Lunch

Cumin lamb 'burger' (around 400 cals)

A small portion of noodles (with cucumber)

5 mussels

Afternoon tea:

A few bites of stir fried greens (broccoli etc)

Smoothie of apple, orange, strawberry, kiwifruit, frozen mixed berry, abit of banana, kale and spinach.

Half oz of beef

Dinner:

Either baked salmon or stir frying some greens with tomato.

Nothing to do with where you live. From what I understand a healthy weight- roughly -is about 3-4 pounds per inch over 5 feet (where the base line is 100lbs/5 feet tall). Obviously that's a range (for example a woman with a large build may be slim at a higher weight, etc) but where you are right now sounds way off and your dr telling you "not below 110" means that he doesn't think you need to lose anything, right? If you really mess with your natural weight setpoint then in the best case you'll just put it right back on and in the worst case it will mess with your set point/being in tune with your body and you'll gain it back and some more.

I won't be gaining it back as I used to always waver around the 110-115 lb range. The reason I gained and got to 128 was bc I got into a habit of eating a lot of junk and was in an office environment. I also used to eat at midnight or early morning (1-2am) then immediately go to sleep so the inevitable was obv going to happen.

My weight's fine, thanks for the concern though.

My mother is nearly 5'9 and around 112 max. She eats a lot and does some daily exercise, it's just in our genes to be thin. My natural weight has never gotten passed 120 until last year.

Archived