Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

How did you come up with your username ?

pippy longstocking

I was telling journeynow why I was shooting star and it aroused my curiosity about the rest of you .

I am known in real life and cyber space as fudgy , but when I joined there was already "fudgie" here .

when I feel sad I sing to myself " find a shooting star and put it in your pocket , save it till a rainy day" haha so shooting star was born .

that's my story . lets have yours

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My one was because I nearly got a butterfly tattoo on my wrist - decided it was too closely related to self harm to do for my professional life haha..

I did used to have Gem_Healer, and I am sure Star that you can figure out why that one is no longer hehe

Btw, Liraele, I'm currently reading that book and it is the name of my mystical future daughter haha!

I think mine is self-explanatory ... it was how I was feeling at the time. I wish I could change it to something more "uplifting" though!

It isn't actually my original username (hence why I can't really change it again). I had to change it to protect my identity when I was "discovered" by a certain someone on here. Perhaps I shouldn't be admitting to that though!!

I was telling journeynow why I was shooting star and it aroused my curiosity about the rest of you .

I am known in real life and cyber space as fudgy , but when I joined there was already "fudgie" here .

when I feel sad I sing to myself " find a shooting star and put it in your pocket , save it till a rainy day" haha so shooting star was born .

How odd, I have been singing that to myself on and off all day. My daughter is at home ill and she was watching a film that had this particular song in it (or at least a bit of it) and it has got into my head ... like they do.

I joined after my painful breakup. To fall asleep at night I'd been listening to Maya Angelou read from her books because I found her so soothing. I took my name from her title "Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now" because I wanted to be able to say that someday. Shortened to "journeynow" it also reminds me to try and be in the present moment rather than rehashing the past or fretting about the future.

I love reading the stories behind your names!

Ah! AND you're a bright light with energy and movement!

Archived